Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silo [Apple TV+]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,710 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I was a bit surprised with episode 9 the way it basically just continues straight on from episode 8 no last time or anything. This will be well worth binging after the next weeks episode is out.

Really good episode.

No can't believe he burnt the book

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Yeah I was watching him starting to do it and I was like nooooo

then he tore the page out and it was more nooooo and then he set it on fire 😨

Ms

then he tore the page out and it was more nooooo and then he set it on fire 😨 yes at least he still has that.

Sad it's gone do. I was really hoping he would have second thoughts and not do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,619 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Liked most recent episode.

I've not read the books so don't know how much we can expect to be revealed about the origins of the silo, the world outside of it and who the people are observing them on CCTV. I just hope the season finale gives us some answers of what world is outside and not just a hatch opening showing us the daylight.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,270 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

we know who is observing them on CCTV. it is Judicial.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,409 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That was a brilliant season of TV.

I loved that Andy Dufresne has become Warden Norton.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

A really well done finale to see out a solid first season. Excited to see where they take this next.

Ms

Oh no. Not looking so good after all. Next season should be interesting.

It looks like the World up top is a mess so and Nichols as well as all the rest should have just gone along with the silo rules. I wonder what the supply is good bit is about do and are the suits poisoned or have gas in them or not? we are no closer to knowing.

I thought Nicholson would refused or helmet before going out or at least took ot off when she was out there. Also she could have wrote "its a lie" backwards on the screen.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Supply is good means they used the tape from supply and not the stuff IT used. They said the stuff IT use is rubbish and Walker has better stuff anyway. So, it looks like the outside world is indeed toxic and the reason every one dies pretty quick is because they use rubbish tape on the people going outside. They used the mechanical supply tape for Nichols and hence why she is still alive.

Last episode spoiler.

Ms

Thank.

Awe so it must be between the gloves and sleeves of the suits that the rediation or whatever it is outside got into the other suits and killed them.

Am I right? So much for the suits having gas in them.

• Advertisement

Last episode spoiler

So why does she see the world as normal when she goes out? What is the purpose of generating that false image that only people who go out to clean will see?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,738 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Solid finale but the hologram of the restored world or whatever it is I didn't get. What's the point?

Wasn't surprised at all that the mayor's keyring was a giveaway for the very last shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

Honestly, without going into book spoilers it's kind of difficult to explain. It was explained at the end of the first book, which ends slightly after where we are now, but they've made a few changes here and there so not sure if they'll go the exact same route. I'm presuming they're holding off on it for season 2 or 3.

Ms

Solid finale but the hologram of the restored world or whatever it is I didn't get. What's the point?

I think it must be to tempt them to take off their helmets as soon as they get out maybe. Never read the books by the way. So just a guess.

How many books are there by the way? Is it worth reading them?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Very strong adaptation of the source material - was faithful to the main plot points but still thread its own way where needed. Despite knowing what would happen, including the twists, I was still very much engaged. It shows how a showrunner who clearly respects the material, backed by good acting and production values, can really help. Glad it's done well too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,132 ✭✭✭bren2001

I binged it this week and luckily the finale was today.

I have not read the books but my understanding of the CGI in the helmet is that when every person goes outside, they are expecting to see what is on the screen. They don't have the knowledge that we the viewer has. So they clean because "finally, the world is better". This gives the gas (whether that's the atmospheric gas or the gas they are sprayed with in the chamber) enough time to kill them. However, Juliette is different. She has seen the image before and the v shape of the birds flying tells her it's a loop. However, her suit tape was supplied by mechanical and is much better. As such, her suit is actually working so she can take as long as she likes. They need her to die otherwise the other silos may see a random person walking around. She's now a bigger problem then before. They have to kill her but she's outside.

That's my guess and I have plenty more questions!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,560 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Really enjoyed that all the way through! Like others, I'm confused by the hologram but super interested to find out more in season 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭rahenyrover

My take on it was so they thought that’s what the world really looked like and would clean so everyone else could see too. There was a comment when Juliette said she wouldn’t clean and Tim Robbins character said everyone says that but they always do, just as the founders predicted they would or something to that effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

It was right at the very end that I realised that a wide open reveal by a poster on 3rd June was a book spoiler (it was only hidden in a spoiler several days after it was visible). The next time I see a TV series based on a book, or even a video game, I'll steer well clear of the thread as some eejit is bound to give the game away. 🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭nachouser

Tom Hollander would have been the perfect person to play the role of the head of IT.

• Advertisement

That is a good explanation. I did notice the birds were the same but didn't grasp the significance.

I was thinking about the door that George found at the bottom of the silo. Given how close the silos seem to be is it possible to travel between them?

Only thing that makes sense to me.

I am not sure about the water tho. George said it was something not to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,330 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Well that was an interesting end and so the city she can see in the distance is a major factor? No book spoilers please.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,560 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I wonder if he tried to go down into the water and found it was a decoy, like 1 ft deep and he was able to walk around and found the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Common is a terrible, terrible actor.

Yeah, that's one theory I have on it but why would the founders bother to put it there? It would seem overkill and you'd likely have to keep topping it up as it gets absorbed by the materials around it (although, you'd overlook that).

The other theory I have is it's a safety feature of the silo. If the gas gets in, the water will trap it saving the silo. I am not sure if that makes sense either as the door is kinda pointless then and the door I assume is to connect the Silos.

I think I'll just buy the book.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭McFly85

Just a brilliant season of television. Kept the mystery going and revealed enough to keep it interesting while adding more questions!

Strong performances mostly all round, I still can’t decide on Common but he didn’t bother me at all. Tim Robbins and Chinaza Uche were outstanding. Can’t wait for season 2 which is mercifully already confirmed for next year.

Apple TV+ is killing it, this and Severance are probably my 2 favourite shows of recent times.

Not sure I would describe him as terrible but he is very limited as an actor. Great presence though.

• Advertisement

I thought Common was terrible. He seemed very out of place in the unvierse. Everything about him was just too clean and polished. It's almost like his clothes were too new and shiny compared to the older worn suit of Tim Robbins etc. It's like he just turned up on set in his normal clothes.

Advertisement