Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silo [Apple TV+]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Is this a book spoiler or what? I didn't see anything in the episode that suggested what you are saying

• Registered Users Posts: 15,708 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Well the Sheriff looked intrigued with what see seen.

So there is some that think they are being listened in on but none I would guess that know they are being watched too.

Also yes no elevators allowed even with all that wasted space beside the stair case is interesting. Is it a method of control to prevent communication or to keep everyone in their place in the silo? Will we find out I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

7: Well then. Pretty heavy scene in the medical center about

being kept from having children. Ferguson and Iain Glen really getting across Juliettes disaffected relationship with her father.

Book spoiler:

It's all starting to get a bit .. rebellious. Camera room looks well. Kinda looking forward to seeing more of that area.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Episode 5 and this has become a favourite of the year. Gripping, atmospheric stuff where every episode seems to reveal an interesting little piece of life inside the silo. This time: funerals and the apparent waste of a tonne of apples lol 😂

Funny how I've watched enough dramatic fiction, whose various tropes and cliches are embedded into my brain, that when a bad guy dresses down a subordinate in an otherwise quiet, isolated location ... ... I immediately know it ain't gonna end well for the lackey!

Post edited by pixelburp on

Ms

Episode:7 Excellent. Best episode yet. Very tense especially that ending.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Yes it is. However I've already noticed a few diversions from the books. I wouldn't necessarily assume this TV series will be 100% by the book.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Regardless, they shouldn't be throwing out book spoilers without highlighting them as book spoilers. They ruin it for the rest of us who haven't read them.

I'm going to unsub from the thread. Sick of tv shows being ruined by book readers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Yes well I agree with you, spoilers - book or otherwise - are cr@p. But he/she may not have given away all that much is what I'm saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

To be honest I thought they had read the scene wrong because it wasnt very clear what was happening in the scene, I have not read the book. the show very much feels like the Fallout video games. The real mystery is what is actually happening on the surface.

From a book point of view...

Spoiler land of spoilers:

It wasn't a spoiler for this episode, it was a guess and it was wrong for this point in the book.

At this point in the book, it's only a single operation of people watching over the Silo.

If it's an effort at trolling it's a big spoiler

as it reveals probably the end of season one and a good chunk of the bigger picture where ..

===BIG SPOILER===

==Quick, look Away==

There are indeed many Silos and they are being watched.

There's more to the show and story but this could be a really bad guess for the episode, a troll for spoiling the first season, or something else... who knows

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I don't think that the book or anything relating to the book should be mentioned in this TV forum. I imagine that there's a book forum somewhere, especially for books. It's the same as the crap that gets posted about video games when a video game is adapted for television. 😕

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

renewed for season 2

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Mac B

Great news. This is currently my favourite show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

Nice! Hard to comment without book spoilers, but the cast is amazing, and the story has legs for a few seasons. With the few changes so far it seems like they might be finessing some of the weaker parts of the books into a tighter story.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Such a surprise hit for me, tv shows have been on the crap side lately and wasn't expecting much from this but it's me top show at the moment. I kind of wish we got more of the from the first episode, great actors and great chemistry. I love the premise and wondering what's going on outside.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Episode 6 down and a good chance to show us where Billings stood as a person; they never quite built any sense we might have a mistrust of him, but rounding out the character was welcome. "the syndrome" being an extra little dramatic wrinkle.

Also, I can't decide if Common's acting is good or not. He carries a lot of presence and intensity but not sure he's actually a good actor.

Obviously the final scene was the standout moment that cemented this show as a definite favourite right now. Great moment to leave on, where the visual asked as many questions as the dialogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭nomoedoe

How many episodes are in this season anyone know?

8: Whew! That got intense! Scenes between Rebecca Ferguson and Iain Glen were well done earlier on too

I like how they developed the family backstory about the mother and brother like that.

Also like how they have the dates solid on all the paperwork.

Book Spoiler:

Rebellion!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭nachouser

That's pretty cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Did anyone see the extra set of legs? theres an extra pair of legs (bottom half), dressed in black with boots somewhere in the episode, where they shouldnt be. I'd be more specific but I dont want to give spoliers. just imagine there was a scene where person a was chasing person b and one got caught by the other. somewhere around there.

Ms

Episode 8: what a great episode. Best yet. If you are on it you will see what's coming before it happens me it was only when it happened I Copt it :( . Totally was not expecting g that twist.

Such a great way to end too. Next week's episode will be interesting.

Also great that is renewed for another season.

Anyone else think the intro to it has Stargate Universe Vipes? I wonder is there anyone who worked on that working on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,266 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Put it in spoiler tags. Though if it happened in the episode but people may have missed it then its not really a spoiler.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

I get strong Westworld vibes from the intro, both in the orchestration and graphics

• Registered Users Posts: 27,115 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Jesus, can we just keep all book related stuff somewhere else guys?

This is a television thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Episode 7, rivetting stuff that felt like it was setting up the Season 1 endgame with various strands hunted at out in the open, and with Juliette aware now too. I don't think Ian Glen could look more of a sad sack, as he confessed his truths to Juliette.

I do love how most of this shows "relics" are children's toys and books; a nice use of visuals to emphasise how what we trivialise in our life now, can become priceless artifacts - and illegal - taken out of their time and context.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

They do reveal a fair bit more in the latest episode. I have to say im disappointed with what the secret was.

9: Uh oh...

Season finale next episode!

Have to give credit to Rebecca Ferguson for her acting and how she has reacted to

how she fell in love with Wilkins, then got heart broken, then reacting to his video here. Proper feels in that scene.

She's really conveyed so much in her mannerisms and facial reactions

Book Spoiler:

Well... They think it's about outside now... for now

The cameras going out throughout the Silo... smells like... rebellion!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Really looking forward to finale. I hope it has a proper ending leading into hopefully a season 2 and not some cliff hanger.

Advertisement