Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,163 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I’m hoping that whole clusterf*ck last year was a result of them having 2 years off for Covid and I’m hoping they’ll have their act together and post the tickets in plenty of time this year. There’s no reason for them not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

The wording on the balance email seems to suggest they've every intention of sending any non UK people to the box office for pick up again.

"The balance due is £285 (plus a £5 booking fee) per person; plus a £9.75 transaction fee (postage and packing or box office collection for international bookings) per order."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Zardoz

If you know anyone in the Uk you can have the tickets sent to their address, there is an option to change the delivery address on See.

Then have them send the tickets on to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

They left the posting of the tickets so late last year that this was a very risky approach. I actually had mine down to be posted after arguing with them but I switched them to collection again as it was the weekend before and still no sign of shipping and I was due to fly out Tuesday evening.

I'm happy enough to collect mine at the box office again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

They set a precedent by posting on request last year. Anyone paying the balance has also paid for postage and if you push them you’ll get the tickets posted. If you don’t then you’ll almost certainly have to add a couple of hours onto your entry time.

Too tight a timeframe if the tickets are dispatched as late as last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

Resale dates been announced.

Yeah, 20th which is next Thursday. Anyone here giving it a go? I reckon with the increased ticket price it might be a bit easier this year.

Not risky to have them posted. See Tickets assured me that if they hadn’t arrived the day before I departed then they’d cancel them and reprint for collection.

It’s an individual choice but the journey over, the search for a pitching site and all the walking with heavy bags is enough for me. I don’t want the extra stress of being misdirected to the ticket collection tent and then lengthy delays with the possibility of an error being made there.

• Advertisement

A few pals are but far fewer than in previous years so I think you’re right. It’ll be busy but there’s a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭TenPicnics

Thanks to the invaluable advice provided last year on boards I managed to get the festival tickets plus campervan ticket posted to Dublin. They arrived the day before we headed off to Rosslare for the ferry, ending significant anxiety. Total breeze after that, not sure how it would've gone if we had to collect those tickets at the festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Meself

I

I've sent them an email so will let you know their response when I get it

That’s way too close for comfort imo, you must have been bricking it. I really hope they don’t do that again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Meself

Received this response from Seetickets this morning -

'Hi,

Yes your tickets will be sent out in the post for you'

I asked them to confirm they would be posting the tickets to Ireland. Hopefully all goes to plan like last yr

Silver Hayes lineup is out, lots of great stuff here.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭crl84

Some belters in there.

Glad that it seems the Sonic tent has finally been replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I see there is a change in how they will be doing the resale: Assuming you get through, you will enter your registration details you should get confirmation code and mail. And then you have 24 hours to actually buy your ticket.

I wonder will they roll this out for general sales in future. That would be handy. I know we have probably all been in the position when you get kicked out when entering CC details. I mean you will still have to enter all the registration details of your party which is OK. Stops someone getting 6 blank tickets and Glasto becomes another victim of tout scrotes.

Interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭traco

I saw that - I had six secured in the main sale but couldn't checkout. It was near the end so may have been a glitch. We decided not to bother with the resale as we would need to secure two campervan passes and I don't think that would happen.

BTW - we got our posted last year along with the campervan passes. It would have been a nightmare as the box office was the opposite of the campervan fields so not sure how we would have handled that. Initially when they said they would not post I was about to book a cheap day flight to Bristol, rent a car and pick them up a few days before. Would have cost around 100 but I was not going to be stuck in normal taffic in a camper when I should have been parked up having my first beer.

Best of luck to all going and I am sure it will be great whatever the weather / lineup etc.

Well, remember:

• Coach/Festival ticket resale this Thursday
    • Festival ticket resale Sunday

Good luck all and remember, it IS possible to get tickets through the resale so hang in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

From the website:

INTERNATIONAL TICKETS FOR THOSE IN THE EU will be sent out by registered international post, unless specified otherwise. You can track your international ticket order via www.royalmail.com by entering your Track and Trace number which is available via See Tickets’ order tracker. To access the order tracker you will require your email address and booking reference number. If it is likely you will set off for the Festival more than 28 days before the event commences, please contact See Tickets via their customer service portal to request ‘Box Office Collection’.

Did they say that last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

INTERNATIONAL TICKETS FOR THOSE IN THE EU will be sent out by registered international post, unless you kick up sh1t and then we'll mail them to you.

No, they clearly stated that all international tickets would be picked up on the day. Good news for all.

Good luck today and/or Sunday folks

Well that was brutal.

Are you trying for yourself or others? I tried for 2 friends but got nowhere. Sunday is easier, hopefully!

I did manage to get through thankfully for two tickets.

As I said, it is possible to get tickets. Good luck to everyone on Sunday and have faith 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Yeah, I was helping out a group and I got through to entering registrations couple of times, but everything was gone once I clicked proceed.

• Advertisement

Advertisement