Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Going to be the way now with the new system. Loads more people trying for other people. They'll sell out in 5 minutes in October.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Ah, I'm sound - I got my tickets in the main sale! 😁

Just thought I'd try and help out and share the karma. Good practice for future sales too. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Well, in fairness, it's probably the way it's always been. We typically have a group of 4-6 going. So if there is a year where only 4 or 5 are going and someone wants in, they need to make sure they have at least 1 other person (As well as themselves) trying for tickets. I know that sounds a little bit extreme (Check out yer man with his Napoleon complex). But our philosophy is "If you can't be ar5ed trying getting up in the morning and getting someone else to try then how are ya even make it through camping for 3 -5 days and everything". We are usually pretty organised to make it easier for new people but have had people who just assumed we'd do everything so screw them :D

Will prob mean it sells out quicker alright but hopefully it will mean that there will be less situations where you are entering your CC details and hoping it accepts this card 'cos it's new or whatever... only to get booted. We have ALL been there and it's crushing.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,794 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Ooft.. resale sold out in 6 minutes.

Anyone get lucky?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭traco

No joy, was trying for two and had a pal also trying for us. Got the holding page on two laptops. One firefox and one edge, also had it on the phone but that was it. All dead around 9:30, I let them auto refresh untill the sysem booted them off even though they appreared to be gone around 09:05

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,162 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I was trying along with a few others for a friend from our group who is still ticketless but no luck. Sold out very quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Almost as quick as the coach sale the other day.

Good run while it lasted but the days of getting a ticket most years are gone now.

Been a few announcements

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

30 Years of Stay Up Forever. Now that does get me excited! Not that i'm going, but still....

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Advertisement

Another one, new stage apparently? Hot Chip!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Still Ill

That's the old John Peel Tent. They've changed the name this year.

Had forgotten about that. Was looking at that lineup and thinking that's quite a large lineup for something I hadn't heard of before. I must admit, I do love that whole area around that tent:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,794 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Editors a nice addition!

Do you take all these photos you post? They are amazing.

I'll definitely try get to the murder capital, haven't managed to see them yet.

I think the last one is an all female lineup

I do, yes. Just with phone. I do like to take a lot of pics but rarely at acts and if then, only at very specific points, very quickly and then away again. Nothing worse than people watching a stage through their phones...

It's been ages since I've been to Shangri-la. Keep intending to head there but always knackered by the end.

Havent been at night for a few years. Its fairly shite. Really packed and full of people off their chops on Ket. Messy like. And plays the same music everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

That'd be the whole nothing to do with marrying a child which perhaps is something to be distanced from these days.

That was pretty much what I remember from before alright. Hah. I mean it's fine for those who like it but not my bag. As I mentioned before... I'm so very old. Bought myself a new campbed this year for God's sake 😀 (FE Active. Brilliant and light)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

It’s even packed in the early evening. I guess a lot of people just stay there for the entire four days it’s open. So much else about the site that it’s not worth getting hemmed in.

The Common always good and that Greenpeace area with the giant tree and DJ booth was great. Wooden walkway and bar through the trees near there was also new to me. Arcadia spider always looks stunning. Shangri-La still amazing but it’s just not worth the battling through crowds.

After 3am most of the site is in bed and the crowds thin out a good bit, I love Shangri La, probably my favourite area.

I think this is from 2019, West Holts

Post edited by MadYaker on

2 more! Lots of good stuff here, though I've never spent much time in the Unfairground

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭crl84

Park now:

Loads there. Though surprising to see Leftfield on the third row.

Looking forward to Four Tet's morningside set in The Stonbridge Bar, hopefully it's at 10am Saturday like last year, was a lovely relaxing start to the day.

Check you emails boys and girls I just got a ticket dispatch email. Wasn’t expecting that so early. Should have it next week.

Plenty there, as ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 taramurf

QOTSA self confirmed?!

• Advertisement

Headline Other on Sunday? Can't think of anywhere else. Either that or "support" G 'N R. They wouldn't have them clash with G 'N R or Arctic Monkeys.

Almost time to start checking weather forecasts... Finally got my collapsible camping chair. Saw loads of them last year and they looked deadly. The ones I usually buy there never last and it's about the only thing I used to chuck so glad I won't have to do that now.

Advertisement