Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Men No Longer Want to Date, Why?

Options

Comments

Until the Maintenance Order comes through the letterbox. Still better to take the test. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

See this is why men aren't marrying.

Women in general are fine with abortion, but in my experience don't like the concept of financial abortion. Want marriage, want courts involved. Don't like prenups. Do like signatures. Do like to know your salary and finances. Its all very controlling.

Lol, so its all womens' fault why men don't want to marry! This isn't an abortion debate.

The reality is your last couple of posts show an example of the type of guy who would be perfectly happy going around and dipping their wick as long as there are no consequences for them, and who'd actively go out of their way to avoid any responsiblity for their actions, if they could.

Well, don't worry, women don't usually want to marry those type of men anyway.

Take note, though, all those who regularly bash single mothers, with shouts of "where's the father and why isn't he paying?" The answer is he is probably one of these feckless types described above, and is doing all he can to dodge the summons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Quitelife

Big problem for Irish society generally the amount of decent Blokes and girls in their twenties and thirties who are not having kids meanwhile Jimmy & Winnie who never worked a day in their lives ( or anyone belong to them) have 5 or 6 by the time their 30 as will their 30 cousins .

As one Doctor said recently all the wrong people are having Children!

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭rustynutz

I agree with this, there is a ticking time bomb waiting 40-50 years down the road when the only people who are having large families are the ones who have never paid income tax in their lives, and their children are unlikely too either. Forget about the "who is going to pay our pension" debate, who is going to pay the massive social welfare bill when the working population keeps shrinking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ExoPolitic

You want an honest response from my point of view?

I've seen that a higher percentage of women are only trying to hook the top 10% of guys, who can then in turn shag around... the other 90% of men well..

The rest of us just got used to not dating.

Girls nowadays also seem much higher maintenance and have much higher expectations than before in years past.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,995 ✭✭✭pgj2015

maybe because the women are losers themselves?

Let me put this simply.

(a) No woman has to have an abortion because a man wants her too. Not getting into a debate about that.

(b) Maybe because she was attracted to him, and he didn't have a giant obvious "L" tattooed on his forehead.

It's much easier to turn around and criticise a woman for not having 20:20 foresight into some guy's character than it is to call out the **** behaviour of the losers who hit it and quit it, then dodge the consequences, isn't it?

Doesn't take long for the slut shaming talk to begin too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

Again...jaysus!

Do you actually feel that inferior?

Can you not be happy in your own skin?

Guess what, we have all been rejected. Both males and females. Feck it! This victim complex pisses me off from both sides.

Just have a bleedin chat and enjoy the moment. Life's too short

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

Sadly it's most of the men that aren't looking after themselves, hence one of the reasons why I'll be staying single

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭growleaves

?

In what way aren't they looking after themselves?

I'm genuinely curious, not having a go

Def up to the person but I've had my experience dealing with the persons ex and being cancelled on serveral times cause understandly they need to look after the kids, the way it should be. I just know myself I don't have the patience for being second priority. Each to their own.

This 🙌 also just to add, in some cases, in order to possibly give oneself financial security and stability, the career has to be prioritised and then one can consider having a potential child so they can adequately provide for them.

Typical tired, same old response that has been trotted out thousands of times before. I see no need to debate it again.

The answer? Biology.

When men get pregnant, they can have abortions too.

Have a good evening.

When over 50% of the population is overweight or over a quarter of the population is obese, I don't think we're generally a very healthy nation.

As a 34 year old woman, I went through 'the pressure of meeting someone' via the dating sites/offline. In the past few years ive finally got it out of my system and so glad I'm away from the dating sites/the need to be in a relationship. Maybe id like a child in the future but I can always freeze my eggs to keep that option open. My friend is still on the dating sites and we laugh/cringe at it but very difficult to find a proper relationship on those with a somewhat normal mature person but I do get, how else do you meet ppl nowadays

I don't agree with some of you're previous posts but I do with this one.

This strive for perfection is for vanity sake is strange (and it isn't perfection).

You see six packs on instergramers, but that's a miniscule percentage. You need this or that to get a man/woman...carb/protein diet is a substitute for being cool or heaven forfend having a personality.

I agree again with you obesity is an issue, but I wonder is it a case of media saying you have to look like this perfect specimen or good luck. Wierd to me. People may go feck it, not going to bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,854 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Don't bother, that poster is a dose who only sees their own side, and everything else is an -ism or -ist.

No kids, don't want them, never did. 39, haven't dated in years because it's just not worth the hassle. Anyone single in my age group is either desperate for kids, or already has someone else's, and I don't want either. May be lovely people but I'm not spending a single moment of my time looking after/entertaining someone else's child. And there's a kind of expectation that the man will. No, no thanks. I don't want the responsibility.

But unless you tick certain boxes, you're out of luck as a man. At 5'6", I'm basically not even considered, and this is by women even shorter than me. They* all want the tall, dark handsome bad-boy-but-only-to-others-not-you type. And the men aren't helping, lads in serious relationships riding all around them, not giving a flying feck about anyone or anything but themselves. Apps designed to sell the idea of a perfect male. Advertising everywhere showing what you should look like.

And then, once you finally decide that none of this bothers you anymore, you're happy to stay single and away from all that, you get labelled as an incel or some other negative group. Hate women? No, I don't hate women. I hate humanity. What's the point? I've failed enough in life, I don't want more failures. Can't fail if you don't try!

* Generalisation

Post edited by Potential-Monke on

• Registered Users Posts: 16,503 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

I've noticed younger people in general tend to not be in relationships to the same extent as when I was in my 20's. There's a raft of reasons but ultimately the two most important would appear to be financial concerns and the changing social landscape.

My own kids are still in primary school but I'm already worried about their adult lives, finding reasonable employment, finding decent partners which are pretty much essential to them being able to afford a home of their own given what a mess this country is.

Some of the rhetoric on this thread should be of concern to everybody, the blame game dynamic between men and women, the obvious slippery slope into depression single men seem to be on in a world where if they're not rich handsome and in perfect shape, they'll never find a woman who'll want to be with them. Men's rights being lumped in with far right extremism, the notion that people only have children for selfish reasons being an acceptable argument.

There is some serious amount of incredibly toxic attitudes on show here. People need to get a grip, some girls will always have bad judgment and think they can change a bad boy, some married men will always run around cheating on their wives like it's going out of fashion. Some humans are terrible people, but they're not the majority. Stop believing they are the majority and take the chance to build a relationship,it'll be worth it when you meet the right person.

Like everyone I have my ups and downs in life and having kids is tough work, but having a family is a wonderful thing, my kids are worth all the work myself and my wife put into raising them, my life isn't all about me and that's no bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Well, call me old fashioned but I won't date a woman if she has a penis.

That's one reason. The other reason is that the wife won't let me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭TheWonderLlama

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

6 out of 10 people in Ireland and are overweight

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭chuchuchu

The problem with those dating apps is about 10 - 20 percent of men are successful and the others not. A successful guy could keep a group of girls on rotation, and then those girls themselves asking why guys wont commit in relationships but they will ignore the fact the other guys they turned down. I think choosing someone based on how they look in a photo is mad and highlights how shallow the whole thing is.

Initially maybe looks, but also the same for sex/sexuality.

Generally I've found if you're cool, you'll do okay...if that's what you want.

Get out there! Apps are crap. No personal context to them and are very fake. Live life! Enjoy it!

It sounds great that you have it all sorted, but unfortunately it's not that simple.

You, sorry I didn't quote. But you make it sound so easy. It's not. Unless it was in reference to not trying and live life and enjoy in general! But I took it you meant go out and find it.

100 % handsome feckers do a Rafael Benitez squad rotation job.

Pof is some waste of time. Bumble is like dating in a monastery

• Advertisement

Maybe it's just the small town I live nearby, but there's just little talent nowadays, ppl very overweight, and very little dress sense.

Advertisement