Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 Applicants - Merit List

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭crazyfire999

Where do you see that? I have the release and it doesn’t say that

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭NeeNaw21

No.

1 year after attesting you will move to pay point 2.

GV to Attestation will be at pay point 1 as point zero is now removed.

So 1.5 ish years after starting GV will be pay point 2

• Registered Users Posts: 7 CJauditsyeoo

Just wondering for anyone on this merit list have any of you attended a course called "no tomatoes consulting"? Concerned about my security going to a public place and people knowing my name and that I want to join the PSNI lol. If anyone could validate their legitimacy that'd be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ynwa22

Yeah I attended it. First time I applied in like 2019 I was like 700+ in merit list with no prep, then attended that course and got around 140-150ish it really made a difference for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Anonymous4321

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭georgie1305

I used it and it was invaluable for me.

I really recommend it for anyone wanting to use it for future recruitment.

I know people that used it also, however…

Do you really need it? I don’t think so.

Those I know that used it, said it was a pile of old shite and a money making game for the boys behind it. Which it is, and fair play, as it works for them. They sent me the paperwork and what was issued to them. Moneymaker game.

lads and girls, the assessments are piss easy. Be yourself and just remember this…. If your granny or a family member was in the situation how would you like them to be treated by officers.. and applying common sense on top of all that…

It’s not difficult at all. If you can communicate and know what is needed, you can’t do wrong. It’s also very well explained on the day.

It’s all common sense and very easy. If you can write, think and speak and use common sense, you don’t need to be forking out hundreds of pounds.

Happy to answer any questions about it (for free) privately.

Save your money!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭georgie1305

Can I just say that is terrible advice for anyone who is wishing to go for the role.

Giving people a false sense of security, by saying "it's very easy", will only trip people up and make them complacent.

Out of the 1000s applying, only 1100 made it. Surely if it was "very easy", we'd have 5000 in our merit list.....

Some parts can be conducted off natural instinct, depending on the person and experience.

What about report writing? Which the course really well explains and I knew full well I wouldn't have done as well without it. The coursework given explained well in my eyes and made the difference for me.

For some people, the few quid to attend, can be the difference of a career or not. I felt like that was the case for me personally.

Theyre giving their years of experience, money has to be made.

But if you do happen to fail, they offer you a refund 🤷‍♂️

I’m glad to read it worked for you personally. Otherwise I was thinking you are one of the guys that run the course 😉

Absolutely, attending any course or tutoring services will help you in any field whether that be to help you in the psni assessment day or pass your GCSE maths .

If you have completed the assessment you could offer the guys on here some help instead of having them pay £250. Again, let’s be honest, you get £125 back if you fail. Not the full £250! So let’s keep with facts.

I don’t think it’s bad advice - it’s not rocket science. You need to be able to write as an officer, so if you need someone to tell you how to write, I would be raising eyebrows. If you have completed the assessment day, you will know that it’s very black and white and well explained.

Yes of course it’s not easy, the entire point of the assessment centre is to assess the competencies and skill set of those applying against the framework to have the best suited in the job. Otherwise what would be the point of it. It’s not difficult and if you are meant to be a police officer and showcase the skills and attributes, then you will find it very doable. Otherwise 🤷🏼‍♂️

Of course if you think you want to pay £250 then it’s your own money. I’ve spoken to a few who have completed it and they think they should have spent it on a holiday. Don’t forget if you fail, you only get £125 back 🤷🏼‍♂️

Again, my messages are open, more than happy to share my experience and offer some help for free. I have had some messages already and they seem happy enough with what I have shared.

Good luck 😉

Personally I see it as an investment - £250 to help you get into a career you could be doing for 30 + years.

May as well take all the help you can get as going on the course (or any course) certainly wont disadvantage you.

They also do courses for serving officers going from the likes of Constable to Sergeant, Chief Insp - Supt etc, so must be a credited enough business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭psnaye2023

Is anyone on here on the April course as confirmed or reserve? Have a few questions regarding the induction

• Registered Users Posts: 3 UserNotFound

Hopefully, you get accepted into MET, for I’d hate to be stuck in your squad, awful obnoxious. 😂😂

Do they carry these out in GV? Didn’t know that 🫠

Too many snowflakes eh 😉 - you will soon get rid of that in a squad lol…

And I’m not obnoxious lol - it’s not a playground mate. It’s real life, real people and the public want professional officers turning up at their door. Now calm your jets. Good luck with your assessment!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Boneyard2002

How is it obnoxious to state that he believes that a course isn’t good? To be brutally honest for you to then say that you’d be hate to stuck in their course, that’s a bit over the top.. just by that comment I really can tell you’d run to the SGT and tout on something you disagree with..

you’ll also not last in the real world with that attitude. Simply because someone has a different opinion than you. Grow up. You’re going into a police service, opinions are going to be different whether you like them or not. Hopefully people will learn when they are in your squad to watch what they say around you.

I done the course, and I do feel like it helped me. Though if I did know of someone that had applied for the job; I would tell them not to do the course and I’d just save them money and give them the material that I was given? After all it’s a tick box exercise. I do believe that if they had just sent the material everyone would’ve been better off and felt more secure because after all we don’t know what kind of person really went to that course to snoop

No one is being a snowflake. You are just being passive aggressive and arrogant.

Just because you didn’t need to go on a course doesn’t mean you should deter other people from going on one and start slandering them as some invaluable money making scheme.

Yes, people applying should naturally have the attributes of the CVF but courses also serve as a mock for the real thing as well as calm people’s nerves as some mightn’t have been in an interview situation before.

Also, what holiday is someone getting for 250 quid because I need their travel agents number.

He stated that he had paid for the course, but didn’t go and was sent the material? I read his post as saving money for other people? Just like my response to yourself. If I knew that you applied and I had done the course; I would just give you the material and tell you to read it and you would’ve saved yourself £250.

Ryanair are doing deals atm for £14.99 some good destinations.

Give them the discount code when you’re at it mr tomato 🍅 - be rude not to when you taken the time to join us…

Maybe the top students should win an all paid holiday on the tomato 🍅 profits…

• Advertisement

Anyway, let’s just calm the jets.

if anyone wants to fork out £250. Enjoy it 🤷🏼‍♂️

As I say, I’m willing to help anyone and offer any advice for free.

Just remember, be human and talk to the actors like you would want any officer engaging with your own parents and family.

and when you get in… please don’t go running to bosses…. Nobody needs that **** 😎

“Those I know that used it, said it was a pile of old shite and a money making game for the boys behind it. Which it is, and fair play, as it works for them. They sent me the paperwork and what was issued to them. Moneymaker game.”

Thats not him trying to save money for other people, thats slander of the course.

🍅 🍅 🍅

He’s literally in directly quoted other people’s opinions and you’re having a go at him? “Those that I know that have used it said”… money making scheme and fair play? Is it not a money making scheme? You’re doing something to help others and make money from your views and opinions from what you believe may or may not happen at the actual AC.

His opinion of it being a money making scheme is valid? He has said he could give the same material for free; so therfor people would save money and have the somewhat same outcome? It is down to that individual person to then take what they gain from the material and use it..

for me like I said; I went to the course. I did not find it informative at all. On the other hand; the material that I was given helped me a lot more than what was “taught”.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 CJauditsyeoo

Lads peace and love sorry I asked will prob spend the cash as I can afford it best end this talk here 🤣

If you need the Material, I can provide it free of charge. No £250 needed.

Knowing you’re going into a new job with the mindset of acting some big lad and not touting to the bosses over things ins’t wise. I Recommend watching BBC Spotlight on Coleraine station, if someone had a bit of integrity and went to the bosses then, that whole **** show could have been avoided.

Look, to be fair and balanced and all that… as I’ve said up there somewhere. Like any tutoring service, it will no doubt add strings to anyone’s bow. However, in those I’ve spoken to, in their own personal opinion they said what I typed above. As someone that hasn’t actually sat on the course myself. I can’t personally speak of my own experience. So tomato 🍅 to your hearts are content… £250…. £150 back if you fail.

if you bring some tomatoes 🍅 with you on the day they might give you some discount… I don’t know…

Goodnight..

Going into a job with the mindset of; I don’t like other people’s opinions and views and touting is worse than having the “billy big balls” mentality.

• Advertisement

Oh dear… you will be a delight.

Advertisement