Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 Applicants - Merit List

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭psnaye2023

@CG97 last year I got invite last week of March and PCA was first week of May. You might get less time with how fast this is going now.

@officerready11 0how long is a piece of string”. It’ll come one day when your mind is off it and you’re not as bothered - that’s happened to me both last year and when I got the Call. Best thing you can do is keep an eye on here for people a bit above you on ML. I think @Si_zx10r is 600 odd? I’d use people around there as my benchmark as they appear to be going in batches of 150-200.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Unknown117

What is the timeframe between the PCA and the medical?

@Unknown117 It will be probably at least 4 weeks as you’ll get a questionnaire to get filled in by GP on the day of your PCA. Then it’s dependant on availability.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 smiler845

Can someone tell me what we’re up to on merit list for progression to managed stages, am I wright in saying it’s around 500?

Thanks In advance.

Im 550-600

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Anonymous4321

The highest I've seen someone say is 500-550.

JoinPsni should update soon as it updates every time a group of candidates progress from the ML into Managed Stages which will give us an exact number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Narwahls

About 4 weeks as said above. Just as there’s a lot of backlog with GPs I would give them a good heads up beforehand that you’re gonna do it

11am Public Meeting of the Policing Board on YouTube so potential discussion around recruitment

I didn’t watch the entirety of it but caught the recruitment and budget stuff - no real revelations.

• - CC says 7% pay rise nought to do with PSNI at this stage, the moneys there and it’s down to Justice Minister. Mentions about PSNI not receiving full extent of earmarked national police funding from Barnett.
    • - GV can handle 350 officers a year currently. They’re working to increase this though he also mentioned looking into a direct entry detective programme and transfers from other forces (as @crazyfire999 mentioned, fair play!)
    • - Under Patten officer numbers should at this stage be between 8050~ and 8500.

Don’t think there was anything else of relevance to our campaign but if anyone else has any please include !

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭johnny990

Was a 2024 recruitment drive mentioned? It seems unlikely?.

Hope to watch it later?

They didn’t directly address it, though there was a big part on vetting and a question was posed from the board around vetting practices of recruits to “the new recruitment drive” which wasn’t corrected by Chief Con. Again, vaguely worded and could address a new campaign, or ours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭johnny990

Thanks mate. At least things are moving forward at long last

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Narwahls

did not catch this, what was mentioned on vetting? Trying to speed things up?

No @Narwahls just around stricter procedures nationally following what happened in the MET and how PSNI can implement further changes to stop bad people getting into GV from the start

I emailed my local Alliance MLA to ask them had they heard anything in regards to a new campaign. They said they have heard a date between Spring and Autumn.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ynwa22

No calls gone out today?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭crazyfire999

I don’t make this stuff up 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 25 kaligsd65

I spoke with recruitment yesterday and they said to me calls would go out in next week or two.

Basically got told in a roundabout way that if everyone accepted the offer this round of calls that I'll not be on mays course - so here's hoping very little people accept 🤣

@kaligsd65 Damn! Was hoping for some on here for May🥺

@psnaye2023 just cross your fingers and toes that everybody defers and they offer me a slot 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 11 P5N12024

Where abouts are you roughly on the list? 😁

• Advertisement

Initial merit list had me around the 150-170 mark - but I've been appointable now for months. Not really sure when my ticket will come up but sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 6 zetap

Hey all- I am so frustrated. My vetting forms have been in from April 2023, I am <25 on ML- I was advised on here to contact recruitment and I did- they told me nothing, your application is in the process. I have since emailed and been told the same thing. Nearly a year in vetting does not seem right to me. I think my application has been lost somewhere in the process. Is anyone else in this situation, or anyone know if there is someone I can speak to or who could advocate on my behalf?

@zetap i’m in the exact same position only a little higher on the list <50. I have tried emailing them and got the same response.

I honestly have no idea what the hold up could be for me (I am currently staff too so recently done vetting.) Feel your pain with the frustration more annoying now when people are getting offers. Just want to be in that position haha

Unfortunately think it’s just a waiting game 😩 must check here and my emails about 15 times a day…

Yeah- frustrating. I no longer have any confidence in them. I feel mines has been lost somewhere, how long do you hang in for though? 3 years later, 3 years older. I'm near at the point of pulling out, I feel like my life's on hold

Defo don’t pull out when you’re so close! Would be a total waste for how well you have done in the AC and all the other stages - I’d not put your life on hold either just carry on and it will come when it comes! (Feel like I’m motivating myself i put off booking holidays with my friends cause I didn’t want to waste the money if I got called) I defo feel the same but just keep thinking it’s a job I’ve always wanted so it will come when it comes!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 new2022scs

Agreed, definitely stick with it! I can totally understand why you would be frustrated at waiting from April. Anyone on here maybe know any reason as to why? My thought would of been that last year when there was movement & then the sudden hault ref Simon B then they literally downed tools on everything, again, don't know how it works but hopefully someone can shed some light on here.

I agree. From what I understand, the whole recruitment process was put on freeze, which obviously includes vetting. That means, although your vetting forms were submitted 1 year ago, they may have only been reviewed for X number of months before the freeze. Meaning that, it may not actually equate to 1 year.

Post edited by Anonymous4321 on

@Anonymous4321 i don’t think that was the case. I passed my vetting post freeze. I think priority was just given to essential roles eg call handler in summer 2023

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭crazyfire999

I’m the same, vetting has never come back. My vetting is currently being progressed by the Met. I was wondering though, if the Met come back and clear my vetting, would that speed up my vetting for the PSNI if I’ve been cleared already by another force? 🤔

• Advertisement

It's very frustrating- but that would be interesting to know. How long are you waiting?

Advertisement