Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 Applicants - Merit List

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭psnaye2023

Calls have went out today folks for May (although this could be done over a number of days according to ML position) so anyone appointable and sub <100 I reckon keep close to your phones …

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Starsky1

No problem thanks for confirming 😀.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 pcjar

Calls went out today for an intake starting towards the end of May.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ynwa22

Anyone here get a call?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kawasaki_636

Hi Folks, been following the page for the past couple of weeks. Got a call yesterday afternoon for confirmed May course. I’m between 90-100 on ML if this helps any. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Blueandtwo1320

Folks, as @psnaye2023 confirmed, calls started yesterday.

After 3 years I finally got the call. After thinking about it for a long time, I have decided to put my application on hold. I'm starting a new role and with having kids there is a lot to be said for having a day shift job with decent salary. Unfortunately, that's the downside of a campaign dragging on for a long time. I know others will be in a similar position to me.

I still think it would be a fantastic career! Just not for me at my stage.

I wish everyone the best of luck and anyone has any questions on the process I'm happy to help..

I would recommend not putting your life on hold until the actually call comes!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 kaligsd65

Well this is it mate - family priorities are number one at the end of the day.

Where were you on the ML?

I have been between the idea of stick and twist - I don't like the job I'm in now and have had a few opportunities elsewhere and I think if may doesn't happen for me then I might have to pursue other avenues which will be a bit of a shame all things considered.

When they ring, how long can you put the application on hold?

I'm between 105-115.

I think it just comes down to everyones personal circumstances. In the 3 years mine changed alot.

Who knows, I could really get the itch in 6 months and want to go for it lol.... it's nice having that flexibility.

Up to 12 months @Starsky1

• Advertisement

That’s good to know 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Newsoph3

Does anyone know what the shift pattern is like? I’m the same.. with it being so long I’m starting to wonder if it will suit at the moment so this would be helpful information.

I know the fire service operates on 2 nightshifts and 2 dayshifts then off for 4 days and so on. Is the PSNI similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 thehills4

Once I start serving in my District, what shifts will I be required to work?

As a Local Policing Team (LPT) officer you will be required to work a variety of early, late and night shifts on a five week shift pattern. In a typical five week period you can expect to work approximately 7 early, 5 late and 9 night shifts. You can expect to work three or four of any shift at a time and then receive rest days.

That's from the join psni website no idea what the rotation is like

I believe you get on average 2 out of 4 weekends off, from what I've seen from what I've heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭mse2020

When i applied for the job, i was earning 50k with no kids ..... 3 years later when i got the call i was engaged, with 2 kids alot can be said about your typical 9 to 5 however for me i had no quality of life, i got home tired and exhausted and to be honest i didnt have the energy to talk to anyone, let alone my kids, being in the job a year has given me time to look back and i really think i have made the right choice.

(i know everyones situations are different this is just my opinion)

If you want the job enough you will make it work, as i said i took a 20k paycut, my partner only worked part time, no overtime in GV isnt great but you have to make it work, time wise GV is great 9 to 5 monday to friday most days your home for half 5 when on the ground its different, you can get held on at a call and not finish for a few hours and OT can be a bit much but you have to make the most of yours days off and actually be present with your family spend proper time with the people around you.

I believe that once you find out what works for you, the shifts and working hours are great. I really do enjoy it.

Any questions ask away

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭NeeNaw21

Monto Fri 9-5 office jobs (especially if you are still being made to come I to the office) are a 5 over 7 shift pattern that never changes.

You only really get Saturday off in a weekend because you spend half of Sunday getting ready for the next week.

Shift work i find you have a lot more free time. But that's me.

Any idea on were we will be on the merit list after May calls are all finalised ?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Unknown117

What numbers are they up to for PCA’s also?

Join psni page been updated

• Registered Users Posts: 23 CG97

Evening folks.

ref vetting - Do we have to fill out the section for Financial history / information for me and partner over the last 10 years?

As far as I’m aware this is required only for SC and not CTC?

cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Anonymous4321

I wonder why they only made it accurate as of 4.3.24 and didn't include the calls that went out this / last week

• Registered Users Posts: 11 P5N12024

And it looks like 12 people off the 2021 list and 6 people from the 2020 list, so is May’s class only 18?? 👀

No that’s accurate from the start of the month. I swear people got the call this week for May course? so they wont be included in the pie charts.

yes at least 2 on here. I’m confused by those figures. Last figures were inclusive of April calls. Only thing between that and 4 March was reserve for that course which would only be a handful?

is the maximum number of student officers able to go to GV of 350 per year a budget thing or has it always been that way regardless of the budget?

I reckon budget and people resourcing as some staff likely redeployed. If you think a normal course is 51 and they can do like 8-10 a year it can be slightly over that

Id like to see if the resource plan changes once they get their budget for 24/25. Surely they would want more than 3 intakes for this financial year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 P5N12024

Someone in my work told me GV can hold 600 students per year, class sizes are usually 18 and I think the biggest intake is 54/56.

Post edited by P5N12024 on

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭crazyfire999

PSNI has got the 7% pay award….Naomi Long has signed it off.

1. The PSNI has confirmed that this pay remit is affordable from within the PSNI’s 2023-24 budget allocation and due regard has been given to its impact on delivering public services and future years’ budgets.
    2. Although future budgets have not been set, the PSNI has confirmed it will ensure that the cost of this pay remit is prioritised from within the future budgets allocated.

• Advertisement

Brilliant news, and another key line from the release from DOJ is that “*All constables move to pay point 2 after twelve months at pay point 1.*”

Now 6 months after GV we will move to pay point 2, rather than 2.5 years. 7 years to reach top of scale rather than 9. 50k in 7 years!

Advertisement