Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 Applicants - Merit List

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mufc19908

First time posting… I am merit list 170 -180. Fully appointable. I am just wondering when you guys feel I might get the call? Only reason why I’m asking is I’m getting married next year and I know in GV you can not have holidays within the 6 months. So would really need to be starting before October at the latest 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ynwa22

Reserve offers going out today

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Newsoph3

Hi I just passed mine and have to say it was tough enough for me, more so I found my breathing tough. Just give it your everything. I didn’t prepare enough in terms of cardiovascular fitness and still passed but if I was to redo it I would probably try and do some running or sprint intervals before hand to prepare. My breathing was terrible going into the second lap. Also definitely go to the familiarisation day if you can, it helps a bunch. Hope that helps a little. 🙂

Thanks! Got the call today! Delighted. On the reserve list for May, if May does not come off, was told that I will be most likely within the July sqaud. Long time coming but that call is worth it 👍🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭crazyfire999

Well done 👏🏼 - that must be really exciting knowing what you have ahead now. Where are you on the ML?

• Advertisement

Yea delighted, I’m 170-180! 👍🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭psnaye2023

May squad are the Reds

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Starsky1

congrats on getting the call !

Does anyone know what size the classes are?

I was told 30 on the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 10 P5N12024

@psnaye2023 How was your induction? Did you get your preferred district as well?

• Advertisement

It was good! A lot of it is just PowerPoints and sitting about as you’d expect but the uniform fitting is fun. Got one of my district choices, in my head it was my 4th choice but they’re obviously not weighted so technically yes. Most seemed to get something decent or close to their main choice.

That’s great stuff. I’m 160-170… still awaiting vetting. Also awaiting Met Police vetting. Maybe the PSNI will surprise me and come back first.

Starting to think theres more chance of winning the euromillions than vetting coming back before the next intake 😭😂

where are you on the list? I cba even asking them or emailing. I presume they are working on it if others are getting calls. I’m kinda over it but also curious

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Moderator:

Please remember not to give actual start dates. I had to delete two a while ago.

Thanks.

-Shield

I’m less than 50 😅

ah it’s hard to say then… obviously everyone working at different paces.. who knows then.

they gave the impression at April induction that there won’t be any more courses this year

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Anonymous4321

Hopefully that changes when they get their budget in a few months. 3 classes of 30 in 1 year is hardly going to get them back to full strength anytime soon.

yeah hopefully. Although after today who knows if stormont will survive the next few months. Very frustrating

• Advertisement

i know hopefully because he was in Westminster it wont effect executive here. See if they went out again over this id actually lose it hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 14 kelsogi

Anyone any information for medical? What they test and BMI restrictions

• Registered Users Posts: 25 kaligsd65

Reserve call just happened for me for mays course so here's hoping for drop outs now haha

Very good news mate! At least you have induction to look forward to and have a confirmation for July. Plenty of time to get everything sorted before it!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 kaligsd65

Yeah just hope to land a district I don't have to sell my organs to commute too everyday 🤣 but just glad things are moving now. Light at the end of a very long tunnel

all districts are available and most seemed happy. I put down 4 that id be happy with, obviously they’re all equal for them although I had favourites, and got one of them, so I guess maybe put down as many as you could live with in the hopes you get one

anyone else who applied to call handler get their ML number today?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 CG97

at what stage do you get to put preferred districts?

When you get an offer you get an induction pack and you state preferences, you get told your district at induction day.

Confirmed no places given up for April :( So I’ll be on the May course also!

• Advertisement

Do we think they will do calls for July next month or June?

Advertisement