Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter 2021/2022 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,376 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I’d love a nice fall of snow but over the years snow and storm don’t really go together... so I wonder will we be facing more of a sleet, incessant cold rain event along with the winds.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,938 ✭✭✭OldRio

Well the garden is coming to life. First daffodils are up. Bulbs are all pushing up and growing.

Therefore, IMHO, this wind and snow can just feck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭TheSegal

I have daffodils, snowdrops, and crocuses all over the garden with tulips starting to develop (magpies destroyed half of them last month the feathered dickheads). While i'd love a bit of snow for something different I don't want the plants to die like happened last year during two nights of sharp frost in late February/early March from what I remember

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Artane2002

A blustery snow and sleet shower has just passed here in Dublin 5. We had a wintry shower of mainly hail but also rain and snow earlier too.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Heavy snow falling right now a good three inches of huge fluffy flakes so far, more than what fell last night.

SE Sligo 255m

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Lots of reports of snow falling in the NW at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

Biblical rain in Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

• Registered Users Posts: 15,339 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Absolutely lashing here and 3C, must be blizzard conditions in the Wicklow mountains, I wonder if Roundwood is getting buried.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭NMB

Dusting of snow in Mullingar- love it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

A lot of snow falling across North Connacht this morning. Pushing in to Ulster, I think some snow falling in North Leinster as well. Edit- Midlands too, Mullingar snow recorded at 7am. Some current road conditions

• Registered Users Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭malinheader

Looking like Very severe damaging winds for Sunday evening and early Monday morning for the north and north west of the country. A good while now since I have seen over 10 metres of a sea swell forecast

@Dazler97 Carrick on Shannon

• Registered Users Posts: 16,668 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Wow!! I just looked out the window to see a decent covering of snow!! After yesterdays let down I dismissed any chance of us getting any snow last night, especially as the forecast said snow in Ulster and on high ground in the North West.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭cowana

Light snow, roundwood co wicklow

So the icon nailed this one for this morning. I should have known the minute I turned my back on snow what would happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭littlema

Gentle flakes still swirling down.

S Sligo 152asl.

Ballyhaise, Finner and knock recording snow at 8am.

Beginning to thaw rapidly as was to be expected. I don't think this is the last bit of snow we will see this Month going by the models. We won't have ice days, that ship sailed long ago. A couple of hours of settling snow will do!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭pauldry

Snow in Sligo Town

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

I don't hold up much hope for the rugby pitch looking at this.

Not a bad view from our Cottage Fenagh, Co. Leitrim

And another looking towards the loch

Fenagh, Co. Leitrim

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Lovely photos of the north midlands and Connacht snowfall! Lucky you!

Going by my Davis station records while I slept, it snowed for a while but the mild air has well moved in and thawed anything before I awoke!

Currently 7.6c and partly cloudy in southern Laois. Rainfall 8.6mm since 9am yesterday.

Some view you have in the morning when you wake up!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

WunderMap® | Interactive Weather Map and Radar | Weather Underground (wunderground.com)

Fine line between the 0c and 1c areas and the 4c to 8c areas! Edgesworth town to Mullingar a case in point... just 18 miles apart!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭highdef

Indeed, it's 0° at my house, a little bit SW of Edgeworth's town and there's a covering of snow. That location looks to be at the very edge of snow territory, apologies for poor quality of the image, moisture on the lens.

Like a morning from heaven for a weather nerd like me.

Sundog left part visible

Also a snowbow(very rare)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭vid36

North East Co. Galway at 7.30AM

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement