Advertisement
Private Profiles - an update on how they will be changing here
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,932 ✭✭✭ Wolf359f

But those nanoparticles can lead to dangerous side effects, especially if a patient has to take repeated doses over months or years.

This was when they were focusing on treatments, quite possibly a jab every week to suppress a disease or as a regular treatment etc... so repeating weekly jabs weekly over months or years could lead to dangerous side effects.

Due to that, they moved onto vaccines, which as you know can require up to 3 jabs in a year (MenB, PCV etc...)

Do you not see the difference between the 2?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 61,390 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭ Beasty

From the OP

Discussion of vaccination and vaccination certs in the context of restrictions is on topic. Discussions of the efficacy of vaccines and impact on different cohorts in the community belongs in the vaccine megathread thread, not here

• Registered Users Posts: 9,758 ✭✭✭ raind

Is not paracetamol that you take 3 times a day. 3 doses over 6 months with no wide ranging effects noted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭ The_Dazzler

It's intriguing you feel the need to put a profession down. I would hate to have an attitude like yours where you get enjoyment from belittlement. Such a tragic mindframe to have.

It's the exponential growth that is the worry. Why do you think you UK have backtracked? They are spooked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ M_Murphy57

Back tracked/spooked? They have vaccine passports and wfh.

Not even close to the bedwetting going on over here.

For side effects, Yellow card scheme in the UK is the only real-time record of side effects of medication. Far better than clinical trials. Surprised somebody like yourself and your clinical wouldn't be aware of this.

I'm above putting people down others on based on their jobs. It's a bad personality trait. Alas, I do work directly with patients, sorry to break your myopic view of how hospitals work. How else would medicines reconciliation work? Who do you think are the experts on medications in hospital. I'll freely admit in Ireland I don't have diagnostic skills. But in the UK, I worked in an advanced pharmacy practioner role so actually was triaging patients in A+E. It's intriguing how somebody can appear so bitter on an anonymous forum. Anyway hope you are getting some satisfaction in your sneering 👍

So you think that this isn't a deadly pandemic? Somebody should inform the WHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ watchingfromafar

I'm front line essential according to the government.

I work in a factory that makes icu ward items...

I haven't set foot in a hospital in 2 years though.

But I could drive where ever I wanted during the 5km shite as I had a nice hse letter.

We got a thank you letter for our work. I am a real hero :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭ salonfire

Oh, so you wander into an ICU ward full of Covid patients, them on ventilators maybe with a hood over their head for a quick chat about their medications with them hardly unconscious or catching a breath.. I did not realize this was possible.

You're a real hero !

I don't work in ICU but have in the past. Not all people in ICU are ventilated. Also patients who present to ICU tend to have spent a few days on a ward and deteriorated on ward despite high flow oxygen.

Alas, I'm not looking to be a hero. I'm only a humble public worker serving for the public good.

Also, bizarre that you think medications wouldn't be an important aspect of hospital care. Strange strange personality traits.

I also wish I had your confidence to speak with authority on things you obviously havent a grasp of.

We salute you salononfire.

Post edited by The_Dazzler on

• Registered Users Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭ astrofool

All have been used as human shields for Boris (and I include the excessive beyond other countries care home deaths in that).

• Advertisement

From the guardian:

South Africa has reported nearly 20,000 new Covid-19 cases on Wednesday, a record since the Omicron variant was detected, and 36 new Covid-related deaths.

A total of 19,842 new cases was reported by the National Institute for Communicable Diseases, a daily change of 50%.

I fear omicron will drag us back to Jan 2021. Frustrating.

Vital to get boosters into everybody before this thing runs us over.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭ MilkyToast

What's your source on the cumulative effects of lipid nanoparticles only coming from "a jab every week or so"?

The article states "repeated doses" so what additional information do you have?

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ~C.S. Lewis

• Registered Users Posts: 7,034 ✭✭✭ Penfailed

Boris Johnson is a fúcking joke. He's a liar and a charlatan. He got very little right apart from the initial speedy vaccine roll out which we ended up overtaking them with by a long way.

Gigs '21 - Stendhal Festival (July), Stendhal Festival (August), [s]Liam Gallagher & Idles[/s], King Kong Company, Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs, The Undertones, And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '22 - And So I Watch You From Afar, Teenage Fanclub, Mogwai, Stendhal Festival, The Fratellis, Clutch, Kurt Vile & The Violators, The Cure

• Advertisement
Advertisement