Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 neverbet

The minors showed real bottle. Outstanding set of backs. Well done to Niall Bergin and all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭BQQ

backs were well on top throughout

forwards were trying to do all themselves, but Jake Mullen looks outstanding

Soft goal for Dublin made it look a bit closer than it was

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭jamesbond2022

Nice win for the minors great display of the skills of the game from both teams

Would be great to win the semi final and get into an all Ireland as there are some really skillful hurlers particularly in the back line

I would nt take any notice of parents grumbling in there eyes there little Johnny is always the best player and should be on the panel or starting every game whereas in reality management see the players more often in training and should be left to do the job to pick the team etc

On tomorrows game the team picked is a bit strange but I think the bench is looking stronger

If we don’t put a wall across our half back line to stop the Wexford runners we ll be in big trouble

It’s a shame j Molloy isn’t fit as he would be ideally suited to tracking some of wexfords speedsters

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Tipp 77

Hello Enda McEvoy wrote a great article in the Examiner today highlighting the blight of throwing in the game. Since ye are one of the few counties who perform legal handpasses some of you might be interested in checking it out

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Marrooned

there was a good KK crowd in Portlaoise today to watch our minors win the Leinster final. I thought Larry Phelan was outstanding as were the backs as a whole. Jake Mullen is exceptional he was our only forward to score in the first half the other forwards came into it more in the second half but after they scored the goal by Ollie they went completely backwards, and could count themselves lucky to survive an onslaught from Dublin in the last quarter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Marrooned

two Munster teams knocked out of the minor championship today.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Topcat32

Galway easily beat Waterford, Wexford give Cork a good beating, competitive final between Kilkenny and Dublin, all round just a great day for Leinster sport

• Registered Users Posts: 4,795 ✭✭✭kksaints

😄

Not entirely sure if the last sentence is an intentional dig at a certain team in blue but it's still funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭conor05

I don’t suppose anyone has two spare juvenile tickets for the Ardan Breathnach stand?

I have an adult ticket, just need to take the two kids with me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭conor05

I just need one juvenile ticket for the Ardan Breathnach actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Senditinlow

Can we move on from conversations bout throwing the ball, it's rife in the game unfortunately and not gonna be sorted here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Well done to the minors. Clearly meant a lot to them judging by the reaction at the final whistle and nice to see the form stack up with Galway and Wexford winning their games.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 10,863 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

I only caught the second half of the minors (drive for nine hours yesterday and the match started very early here) but I thought they looked very assured in the second half, touch was good and Doherty and Mullen were fantastic. Did I hear Shiner Brennan's son was playing for Dublin? Can someone confirm does that mean he was playing against his cousins today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Charlie69

Shiners son Eoin was playing wing forward for Dublin but no relation to the two Brennans from Comer playing for KK today. The two KK Brennans are grandsons of Mick cloney Brennan that won four All Irelands with KK in the late 70s and early 80s.

James Shiner Brennan was originally from Comer and won two All Irelands with KK before going on to play for Dublin for a number of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 upnorth

and heartiest congratulations to Niall Bergin and the minor management who steered the players to the 2024 Leinster title.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Village87

Congrats to the minors and in particular Niall Bergin and Paddy Hogan who are together 3 years now, they will have some team next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,863 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Thanks for clarifying. Shiner was a ref in Dublin when I was playing there, actually the best hurling ref there in my experience. Although he has a funny habit of giving a running commentary on the match as you were playing. "Great touch to get it into the hand! Oh and he made a balls of the strike then!" Yeah thanks shiner I know I did...

🤣 Played with and against him…. Great bit of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭Field east

we know the way the media - print , Tv, etc- looks for adversarial content in order to justify their existance/keep up their viewing numbers/ individual reporters/presenters trying to make a name for themselves. Why then does RTE -A PUBLIC BROADCASTING SERVICE not show , IN SLOW MOTION, a good sample of these apparently thrown balls in hurling matches especially since it’s such a controversial issue. What is it afraid of. Don’t tell me that RTE is ‘imbedded’ in the GAA or that it is in the GAA’s pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭Comerman

Brothers, their older brother Michel is with the U20's

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭usualstripes

Excellent result for the minors yesterday. Since the 1st round against Galway they suffered a few heavy setbacks and got some deserved criticism here but they've managed to turn things around and land themselves in an all ireland semi final. They've learned a lot and picked themselves right up again. Great to be in this position.

Looks like there will be a big crowd in the park today. Could be a big platform for us but we need to be clinical. Wexford will be coming to get the win and they will bring a big crowd. We need to make a big statement today. Best of luck lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 longcovid

It's great to see a reporter from a national paper finally commenting on this issue. Excellent article. Hopefully it will create a wider debate.

Looking forward to the game today it should be tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭dzer2

Some traffic already

• Registered Users Posts: 4,795 ✭✭✭kksaints

Thundery downpour here in the city atm. Could be a very greasy pitch.

John's Street is packed, parking is very limited since 12ish

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Conversations 3

Where's best place to park?

Might go straight to canices for the old stand,

The boot factory is open from 2 to 6 but I don't know how they are about parking for matches

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

It's going to be hopping in here today, great buzz of anticipation already

Advertisement