Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Racke

Sounds like the ref was a bit generous but the water carrier shouldn’t be so bold.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Its up there with throwing away a lads hurley after they’ve lost it after being fouled. Bad sportsmanship.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭brookville

After losing yesterday and this morning to the boro the village will ne delighted to get one over their city rivals. Boro looked the better team for a long time and village relied on frees but with ten mins to go and before browne got the goal I could only see one winner. Andy gaffney missed a pressure free to level it but village had all the momentum. Working like savages and putting their bodies in. Fair play to the village I thought the boro would of won that but they'll be bitterly dissapointed when it got into the trenches they had no answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,872 ✭✭✭blackcard

Agreed and I have no sympathy for the water carrier. I just wasn't aware that the team could get penalised for the actions of a water carrier

Has Cody anything to do with the increased fight in the Village team? Ballyhale still the team to beat. I can see Darragh Corcoran getting another shot with the county. With David Blanchfield maybe in an entire new half back line. If Shane Walsh plays well, he should be in with a chance in the forwards. Bill Sheehan played well today, doesn't always end up scoring as much as he should or creating as many goals as he should but is a real summer hurler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Afaik anyone on the team/panel/management etc etc can be sent off and I guess if they interfere with the game it should be a free. Remember a few years ago the Dublin selector caught a free by tj after running onto the pitch. He was banned for 4 weeks subsequently.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 chg1980

I was speaking with a referee leaving the match yesterday evening who was adamant that the referee can't move up or cancel a free because of team officials /outside interference. He can apparently can send the water carrier out of the pitch but that's the extent of it. Referee yesterday makes his own rules

Maybe it's a coincidence but great fight in the village especially in the last ten minutes when the game was in the melting pot.

I would of said the bridge and boro had better players but the village outworked both of them when it mattered most. Even the ball from defence was mostly long and has Cody's fingerprints all over it. Browne took a chance standing off for the goal and it broke lovely to him. The boro will be dissapointed he was left free but they were very wasteful when on top. Buckley was also a big loss for the boro.

Its a young enough boro squad with plenty of lads coming but they will know this was a missed opportunity to get to a final when its so hard get to one. Shine got a lovely point and this will hopefully stand to him he looks a very good prospect.

The shamrocks just seem on another level. Mullen is in great form and himself and cody must of got 1-13 between them. They seem very hungry and hurt from last years defeat. It will take something huge to beat them but if they beat tullaron, traditionally the village always put it up to them but so do clara and look what they done to them today.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Nedflanders02

Another easy win for Shamrocks today. They were able to go through the motions in the second half and still win comfortably. They’ll be delighted to get another 60 minutes into Joey and Colin who looked better the longer the match went on. Eoin Cody and Adrian Mullen looked sharp in attack and Roman Corcoran and Paddy Mullen went well in midfield and Paddy Mullens injury will be a worry ahead of next week. I agree with an earlier poster I thought Darragh Corcoran was outstanding and will hopefully get a good run with the county next year.

The second game was a far tighter game. Dicksboro looked like more likely winners for a lot of the game but you have to hand it to the village when the going got tough they really stood up and out fought the Boro. Eoin Guilfoyles goal was very well worked and a great finish. Conor Browne had a quiet game but popped up and took his goal well. Brassil and Kenny started slowly but came into the game when the Village needed them and in the last 10 minutes there backs and midfield worked really hard. Boro will be disappointed the game was there for the winning but they couldn’t get over the line. Tom Kenny and Eoin Fennelly played well and midfield and Liam Moore and Bill Sheehan played well up front. I thought Harry Shines cameo near the end showed the great potential he has. The Boro are a very young team and I think there inexperience went against them today when the village made it into a battle. On Liam Moore what was the reason we wasn’t with the U-20’s this year was it a falling out with Derek Lyng? Is it likely to go against him with regards getting a run with seniors in the future?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 oneeyefromthebog

Totally incorrect from ref water carrier should have been sent off and free taken from original position.from one of if not biggest hurling counties referring seems bottom of list of county boards list of improving .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭The_Ghost

Will take something very special to beat the shamrocks this year the way they are going, I think they’d be the first team in KK history to win 5 in a row at club but could be wrong. After winning the last two games by 15 points I think, just a level above everybody else but if anybody is to beat them it’s tullaron who have been very impressive but it’s hard to see.

the rower vs thomastown final would be a great game, the team who went down against the team who can’t win it but the best 4 teams are remaining so who knows. Wally with a disappointing red in the junior game, looks like that game a few weeks ago was the worst thing to happen to Tullagher, who are serious bottle jobs anyway. Whoever wins KK in any grade will fancy themselves in Leinster and beyond.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

It mightn't be in the rulebook but I would 100% agree with the refs actions in the case described above, I absolutely hate that shyte of non players trying to have an influence on the game. In fact I would almost go a step further and say a team should be awarded a penalty for that type of unsporting behaviour, backroom staff or subs shouldn't be interfering with players on the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭KK36

There was no squirting. As Richie lined up the free, the water carrier walked in front of him to give a player a drink. Quilty told him not to walk in front of the player so the water carrier walked behind him on his way back off the field. Quilty then made up his own rules by bringing the free forward even though the water carrier did exactly as told.

Not that it was going to injure Richie or anything like it but he definitely squirted water at Richie, it happened directly in front of me. Lad maybe thought he was helping his club but I don't think he will be doing it again

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Marrooned

Next Saturday Dicksboro play Mooncoin in Ballyhale @ 11.00 in the U15A semi final and Windgap in the junior semi final @ 12.00 in Nowlan park, does anyone out there have a lend of a time travel machine for the weekend or could the county board possibly switch with the other junior final.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

Kilkenny City Community radio being told they cannot broadcast games anymore is a real pity. They provided a great service, in particular regarding underage and schools games that nobody else wanted to broadcast.

Time for a pirate radio station?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Neewollah

Ridiculous, KCLR's sports coverage for years has been a joke

I think pressure should be put on the GAA to overturn this but unlikely to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Comerman

Agreed, young Liam Kelly O'Rourke has an excellent knowledge of the teams etc and never gets flustered during commentary

Agreed

Great coverage and the lads are good. I think its disgraceful what kclr done. Their coverage is very poor. The lads covered everything and mostly all volunteers. Hope something is done

For anyone who hasn't seen the statement.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CRKC1/status/1577593345731346435

Post edited by brookville on

Could anyone give me the date for the senior hurling final this year. Many thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Neewollah

16th of October

• Registered Users Posts: 14,366 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

What’s to stop them commentating live on Twitch/YouTube etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,831 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Pretty sure that would be infringing on copyright or whatever it's called. The gaa have a right to sell broadcast rights and if anyone can just broadcast the matches anyway that would completely undermine that right.

Not saying shutting them out is right, just I'd be fairly sure the law is not on their side here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 rathmineslad

while some might say to broadcast on you-tube or stream on twitter , the vast majority still listen on the radio and may not have access to social media devices to be involved in listening to matches / i would say there is some limitations regarding this avenue of use / also by doing that,the CRKC team would be giving in to the other broadcasting station in the county. CRKC station covered all grades , if you were a junior/intermediate/senior team in kilkenny, the station took an interest in your games and had a contact or reporter at the match to give a report or update - the also covered colleges-schools matches much to the delight of parents/grandparents/family who sometimes were unable to attend the matches. camogie/ladies football also is always well catered for with reports as well / they also give coverage to rugby/athletics/hockey/soccer/greyhound racing/horse racing/golf/boxing and anything else of interest to the public - if it is to return it will be only if there is enough of people who get on to there local club boards who in turn might highlight there concerns to the county board that there free media outlet for GAA promotion of games in the county is being seriously curtailed in broadcasting live matches and match updates from other venues (they also cannot give match updates live on air as this infringes as well) The other avenue is to directly text KCLR and just highlight your annoyance that there station has taken this decision in relation to match broadcasts - KCLR will have to step up to the plate and up there coverage of the GAA matches - but coming to the end of the season it will not be too perturbed at the moment

CKRC sports team is all volunteers and you can hear the passion/knowledge/enthusiasm they bring to the table- genuinely hope this can be resolved

There’s nothing stopping anyone doing just audio though, if they’re a paid entrant

I suppose it’s avenues the guys can look at anyway. Obviously free entry/lugging gear in wouldn’t be easy then etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,831 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

I hope you're right but as stated above, you really do want them on the radio to reach a good audience

Ya true. It’s lousy either way. Hope there’s a lot of push back

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Marrooned

is someone having a laugh with the Dicksboro v Mooncoin U15A semi final on Saturday morning, this is the third time in four days that the venue has been changed and it’s getting further south all the time.If the venue remains as it is in Kilmacow then the Dicksboro supporters will not get to see the junior team playing Jimmy Walsh’s windgap at 12 noon in the park, this is some joke.Why are we denied a chance to see both matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭hogans heroes

Good final in store, thomastown are the 1 team capable of going toe to toe with the boro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Fred Daly

Good to see two genuine junior clubs qualify for the junior final .

Advertisement