Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭osullic

Unfortunately, this seemed the most likely outcome the other night.

I hope he has a speedy recovery. These ACL injuries are happening far too frequently nowadays. We’ve certainly had our fair share in Tipperary.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

Munster Under 20 Football Championship                  

Full Time 

Tipperary::: 2-6(12)

Limerick::: 0-12(12)

Wexford v Tipp moved to 6:45pm and will now be played in Ferns Centre of excellence. St Patrick’s Park unplayable.

Christ above. Tipp vs Wexford is called off tonight. Ferns unplayable as well as Enniscorthy. Tipp supporters who made the trip are very disappointed. 

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Rearranged

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Clare vs Tipp semi final next Sunday at 4pm in Portlaoise.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Decent performance today in tough conditions in a tough place to go. Early result turned this into a dead rubber so wasn't expecting much, still would prefer to see some of the younger lads putting their hands up but it's not happening.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Some people saying the pitch will be under pressure to host it. Fingers crossed.

I wouldn't be expecting too much from someone going through their first year of inter county training and then having to play on heavy pitches. But I would be expecting more from Sean Ryan at this stage.

An okay performance in a poor game in poor conditions, I think sums it up.

If Paul Kelly survives this and is manager next year he’s some man. Seems like a nice man but these results are stink.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Atrocious. You can appreciate to an extent the state of the panel but I completely agree with you.

He seems disinterested in the players in their later twenties and up. You can't just go with youth. They need guidance on the field and as well as off it.

Anyway, only a matter of time before it corrects itself. Too much talent around.

Post edited by evolvingtipperary101 on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Paddico

Brutal results. He got a 3 year contract.

Waterford could take Tipp in the first round.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭1373

Ŵas talking to someone who watched them training one day . He said " I don't know what they were doing but it certainly wasn't football "

• Registered Users Posts: 11,487 ✭✭✭✭klose

Considering Drom&Inch are not even fielding a team in the football championship this year and results the last couple years for the footballers it’s a bleak outlook for the future. 2016-2020 was great but we are where we deserve to be at the moment.

Hope we see a lot more of Darragh, Billy, and Sean H and Sean K against Clare. Be a very important experience for them. I think Darragh has the type of passing we could do with down the line. Be a good game for Danny and Cathal Q to get as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

the friends of tipperary football were doing a collection in quilty today for the football in the munster u20s

we generously donated our entire second half to Tipperary as a result (seems that we are friends ) i will be hoping ye return the same favor tomorrow !!!

We’ll down tools in the 2nd half today and ye can return the favour at Thurles. Be grand

Good bit of sand on the pitch

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

An absolutely shocking performance by tipp. Its not that they weren't trying to hurl they simply were appalling. Not acceptable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Seadin

• Registered Users Posts: 44 KClon11

Couldn’t see us winning 1 match in Munster after that performance

Agreed. Time to call a spade a spade. Losing the match is not the issue it's the woeful hurling they produced that is what is shocking.

Was absolutely desperate stuff , biggest problem being the young players that have come onto the panel in the last few seasons just aren't good enough.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,325 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Only saw the second half but Tip were not able to hurl at all, for whatever reason. Their shot selection and free taking were fairly abysmal. They will find it hard in the coming months to win games. Clare played well but looked like they could have played better had the need arose - they will be tough come championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

What can be done to improve players coming into squad though?

By the time they come onto the senior team it's probably too late. Certainly need to look at structures at developmental level. What are they focusing on? Modern hurling is about a lot more than just hurling ability.

We've had a problem with pace and players who can't run for about 10 years now, that can't all be a coincidence. I don't think there was 1 Tipp player today who was faster their Clare opponent, maybe Morris but that would be it. Unfortunately the younger players don't seem to be much better in that regard and physically we're a long way behind.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Ah lads, ye're throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

It was bad today. 19 wides. 10 from frees. I was actually laughing at how bad the frees were at the end, they were so chronic. Some of the worst frees I've ever seen. I think I can safely say we've no ball work done yet. But it would be worse if we were creating no chances.

Jason Forde had a shocker - very unlike him in terms of accuracy. He doesn't go from 1-4 from play against Limerick to that bad. It doesn't work like that. An off day.

19 wides. 10 from frees. It was bad. But we've five weeks to get right now. Give them a few grand and tell them to tare the arse out of it for a week. Let them bond away from the pitch. And go back at training then.

It's gonna be a long, long Munster championship yet. Of that, you can be assured. Judge them on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

i think tipp had only 5 starters today that started the all ireland 1/4 final last year against galway , i wouldn't be overly worried about it , but as said above , this today was pretty much two teams with alot of young fringe players being picked , the performance of some of the youner lads would be the worry , sean ryan had a very poor game after he was brought on for example

Advertisement