Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Good win in rough enough conditions. Lot of nice hurlers in that team, will be interesting to see how they develop as the season goes along.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 4,052 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

Tis very possible, especially given the absence of Seanie and now Creedon.

How close to a return is Sweeney?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

on the bench, but I’d heard he wasn’t close. So surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Paddico

Add Russel and O'Brien into that mix.

Also the 3 or 4 that could be playing but for what ever reasons, aren't or choosing not too.

• Advertisement

nightmare for the ground staff. Bad time of year with games coming for that many shoes to be on the field

https://x.com/smallerfishgaa/status/1776703504825929984?s=46

When a management set up doesn’t know how to play with a gale force wind … it doesn’t look good

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭KClon11

They haven’t a clue

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭supernova5

some fall from grace in 3 and a half years, are ye sending out under sixteens to represent the senior team?

am I right in saying that the Manger that Football Board picked was not good enough. Need a new management and football board?
    They should get in the commericals board and get them to do a root and branch review.

They kept Waterford to one point in the first half? And can’t manage a win from there?

• Advertisement

2020 Munster champions
    1 Evan Comerford
    2 Colm O'Shaughnessy
    3 Alan Campbell
    4 Jimmy Feehan
    5 Bill Maher
    6 Kevin Fahey
    7 Robbie Kiely
    8 Steven O'Brien
    9 Liam Casey
    10 Brian Fox
    11 Michael Quinlivan
    19 Colin O'Riordan
    13 Colman Kennedy
    14 Conor Sweeney (c)
    15 Conal Kennedy
    Substitutes:
    26 Liam Boland for Colman Kennedy (51 mins)
    21 Paudie Feehan for K. Fahey (54 mins)
    12 Emmett Moloney for B. Fox (61 mins)
    20 Pádraic Looram for R. Kiely (63 mins)
    23 Philip Austin for L. Casey (71 mins)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

How right you were Pad. As a Waterford man I couldnt see it happening even though Waterford were at home and how poor Tipp have been going. We've had an absolutely lousy league(hammerings more than losses) and there are 7 or 8 better footballers sitting at home who didnt commit this year for various reasons. Having said that its nice to get a win even though its more down to Tipp not being at it. I think we'll get a proper beating from Clare next day out, and that's just being honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭KClon11

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Paddico

Very disappointing for the Tipp lads, still in shock myself but well done Waterford. Its been coming.

Time to get rid the that management team and re-start

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Shelly and Hogan is no difference at all so wont make any improvement, Cahill has as much as admitted the same with his reluctance to pick one and stick with them, unfair on both keepers to be fair, a keeper needs to have the full trust of his manager.

Barrett and Kehoe are the only other two likely starters, and from what I hear the former is unlikely.

McGraths are max 20 min men at this stage. Tynan may start at a push. Cadell is one sided and weak, kennedy is out for the year and Seymour has never played senior hurling for Tipp.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 8,128 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Hogan is conservative on puck outs. Shelly is the opposite of conservative. Huge difference. Shelly can put a long range free over the bar - another difference.

I must have been seeing things when Seymour played against Galway, Antrim, and Westmeath.

U20 Munster Hurling Championship game v Limerick this Friday moved from the Gaelic Grounds to Mick Neville Park. Throw in remains 7pm. Some **** show. Sly enough to move the match to where they train though 🤣

Football team for Wednesday.

Post edited by evolvingtipperary101 on

Munster Minor Football Championship
    Full Time Tipperary: 1-14(17)
    Waterford: 0-9(9)

Great win for the minors. Looked like Waterford were gonna do us again mid way through the second half. Tipp had built up a big lead but Waterford brought it back to a point before Tipp found a another gear again.

First time ever a Durlas Og player is playing minor with Tipp this year. North board would want to get up off their arses now and provide opportunities for lads and girls to play football.

Sour taste leaving though as several boys training tops were stolen from the dressing room. Unique tops which only this squad have. Bad form.

Post edited by evolvingtipperary101 on

• Advertisement

It was in reply to the silly post suggesting that Tipp had 'at least' 6 to 8 players to come back.

I honestly don't see any difference in both keepers puck outs, seen a fair few of Shelly's going out over the sideline if that's classed as the opposite of conservative great! Hogan has also scored many frees for his club, Shelly has scored 2 pts in 13 appearances for tipp, I don't think its a deciding factor, there is nothing between the two.

I meant Championship which is fairly clear to anyone reading the context of the post and the one I was replying to. So are you trying to tell me that Seymour will start against Limerick cos that's what the post I replied to was suggesting.

Prove me wrong, name the 15 that will start against Limerick including 'at least 6 to 8' players that didn't play against Clare in the league semi final.

And no we are not flying it, we are rubbish, if Colm Bonner had have been over that Semi Final performance the knives would have been out but for some reason Bevan and Cahill seem to walk on water, we are no further on that where we were two years in, that is a fact!

we’re not two years in. Haven’t even started the second championship. 40 players played in the league. Good structures put in place. A good job is being done.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ballers86

Considering they are under pressure to have the Gaelic Ground's ready for senior championship makes total sense to move it. Their u20s from what I'm aware are doing most of their training in UL North Campus as academy have office kitted out with all equipment for GPS trackers and other equipment in there. Footballers do all their training in Rathkeale.

I heard there was a drainage pipe put down the length of the side of the mackey stand and the field is still fairly water logged. And the grass is struggling to grow back where the pipe was laid down…

There's still a lot of rain forecast for the next week… we're due a dry spell so it should be alright.

Good win for the minors. It's a young team and squad, a lot underage again against next year. Waterford made a comeback but every time they got within a goal, Tipp were able to get the points to keep them at bay.

The under 20 side are the same, at least ten of the under 20 team and most of the squad are underage against next year. They're good hurlers but might have to be patient with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭CorkFenian

Thurles Gaels you mean which is great as well…..Yes plenty of Durlas Og\Sarsfields players have done it over the years…..Also guys from Thurles Kickhams (club before Gaels amalgamated) played minor as well…….Its a real shame with football in Thurles,Durlas Og put 32 points on Commercials 2 years ago in U15 county semi, then put 15 pts on Arravale Rovers in the final, that Durlas Og team was exceptional, won the u15 Feile na nGael A hurling and did well in the Feile Peile as well that year

If Thurles even took it 10% seriously they would be contesting Senior titles, they just don't care which is a sad thing to see (they actually go out of their way not to compete) Paudie Maher won two football county minor A titles with Sarsfields for instance and they see football as a big distraction, ignoring the team building and fitness benefits, hurling will always be number one in Thurles, but they could at least look at a decent dual alternative look at Loughmore only a few miles away on the best way to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭CorkFenian

Guys like Mark Sheahan, Kevin Coonan in the past were brilliant, I remember Robbie Tomlinson underage as well , Mid and North Tipp are full of very good footballers who are above average hurlers but not county players, in this age of data and sports science Tipperary should be managing all this much better. Only 15-30 can be in the Tipperary panel, 24-25 on matchday.

There are guys who are literally wasting their career trying to play senior hurling for Tipperary, (its their choice and thats fair enough but it never works out, Steven O'Brien for instance being a prime example) the lack of overall management and the non dual playing minor status is a big reason why last Sunday happened in Waterford, 5 years ago we were literally within a kick of a ball of Division 1 football, I think we had to draw with Meath etc open to correction here, Thurles Sarsfields is the biggest culprit, perennial underachivement with hurling when you see the players Durlas Og give them, fantastic playing base. Should have won more countys, Munster AI in the past, just amateur hour at that club throughout unfortunately.

Regarding county football,minor All Ireland win and appearing again, beating Cork and Kerry underage regularly since 2010 to time of the dual change , beating Kerry in Tralee for instance in U-21 (how many counties in Ireland could do that) . All of that momentum has been lost and will affect ability to get a decent coach in there. I suspect a lot of "hurling" people are delighted and the county board as they won't have to pay for anything etc

Post edited by CorkFenian on

Advertisement