Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2021 General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭compsys

Deal - I'd love a few days of 25º+!

(Dun Laoghaire BTW)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,296 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Lovely in NCD now but I can see what looks like some awful sea fog out towards the Irish sea. Hope it stays out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Tis warm out !

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Shakey_jake

Glorious glorious sunshine!

BBQ on and beers in the fridge, Lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,282 ✭✭✭✭fits

It’s cloudy in the south east 😟

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

It has come onshore here in Greystones. After a fine morning, foggy now. 16.3c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭lolie

Beautiful warm day out.

Long may it last.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Dazler97

I can't find them anymore so maybe he's not saying the weather

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Looks like tomorrow till Friday will be warm, 25c possible in Midlands or southwest, the east will be cooler

Fog's arrived here 2kms inland of Arklow also in the last half hour

This is looking west,away from it

I'd say its got about 4kms inland which is a pretty strong bank of seafog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Clouds broken up here this afternoon leaving a lovely partially cloudy day with temperatures around 23°c. Almost no wind. West Clare

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Sitting outside in Balmy Tralee waiting for my Burger🍔 😁 very mild and humid with milky sunshine. Might have to take the fans back down from the attic as the week goes on.

Lovely evening now in NCD

• Registered Users Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭pad199207

Beautiful warm day in Kildare

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Sea fog starting to retreat in Greystones and sun is peeping through.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Majestic in the garden right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Thick fog along the coast here in west cork, but a few seconds inland and blue skies.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I luv fog 🙃

• Registered Users Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭pad199207

Gorgeous evening in Kildare

Heavy fog now in NCD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Torrential fog in north Dublin and it's sticking 🤪

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Got up to 21.9C here near Tralee today, Overcast slow to break up but did so as the day went on to reveal milky blue skies. Very mild and humid 17.3 now. Fog showing up on Satellite around the coasts.

NASA EOSDIS from today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭External Association

Beautiful late summer's evening in Lovely Laois. That lovely balmy warm air that you can wear your shorts in at 10 or 11pm.

The daylight drawing in and the realisation that season's change is approaching. I love this time of year with the blackberries, hawthorn ripening in the ditches. Either working on the land or out kicking a football or hurling until the last of the twilight finally fades.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

The past 2 days have been lovely and a real change after almost 4 weeks of fairly cool and often very wet weather. The coming week looks decent as long as we can keep it sunny most of the time with some late summer warmth. In terms of warmth this spell is similar to the June warm spells with low twenties making it feel very pleasant. A few places could see 24C or possibly 25C around maybe Shannon over the next few days.

There’s not a lot of weather you do like. Sun and cool, perhaps. I like that myself but it’s not going to happen in late summer.

anyway max temp for this week for me, coastal Dublin, is 17-18. Max in Cork = 21. Kilkenny hits 25 tomorrow. 22 by weekend. Galway maxes out at a whopping 23 tomorrow

i think we’ll survive

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Yeah compared to the July 'heatwave' this warm spell is far tamer. High teens to low twenties for the majority and one or two places may get to 24 or 25C before it gradually turns cooler again from this weekend. A very comfortable spell of weather good for bbq's, gardening, walking, outdoor activities and probably the last bit of warmth before next summer. This spell has the potential to last into the first week of September too.

Also worth noting this is probably the first warm spell we've had during August in well over a decade.

Yeh. Which is why I normally hate august. This august was crap too - until now.

Fog is stunning in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Max of 23.7°c in West Clare today, lovely day and became almost entirely sunny my evening. Haze set in early but no real fog arrived until about 20 minutes ago.

Accidentally got a bit of sunburn today, didn't think the strength was still there.

• Advertisement

After one of the worst Mays I can ever remember (172mm rain), we've had a lovely summer here in Cork city and the rest of August promises to be nearly perfect. When the weather broke down in late July/August we fared far better than other areas of the country and rainfall for the three months of summer should come in just over 60 per cent. Haven't worn long sleeves or been out of the shorts since May.

Advertisement