Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2021 General Discussion

Options
1101102103104105107»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

For Dublin summer 2021:

June 8/10

July 9/10

August 5/10

overall summer 7.5-8/10

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Goldfinch8

Thank you loughside and sincere apologies for my very belated reply. I was having some issues with the new site when I tried to reply initially to your query and then things became very busy for me so I ended up giving up trying to post for a while.

Unfortunately when it comes to taking photos of the weather or evening and morning skies that I like, I am a total amateur. I am all enthusiasm and zero technical proficiency! The 'gear' that I have used for the past number of years is the basic camera on my smartphone. It is great because it is so convenient and can capture a scene at the drop of a hat which is handy for a quick changing skyscape but it is also sometimes limiting at times in terms of quality or at picking up real detail.

I find with morning or evening skies, that I could take more than a dozen images but sometimes I might only be pleased with how one or two turn out. The light and colours in these skies often change by the minute so it often involves a bit of patience and indeed luck to capture them at their most magical. I also keep an eye out for conditions such as a nice bit of altocumulus or cirrus near a setting sun as it can sometimes be a precursor to a nice evening sky.

l actually take many pictures of sunsets, sunrises or cloud types and have done so for many years purely out of personal interest. In fact my own weather records of past seasons and years are mainly pictorial ones. That is why I am very appreciative of the posters on this forum who regularly provide statistics or charts on weather events and seasons past and present.

I do hope to get a proper camera in the future and would like to learn how to get the most out of it. I also know that there are a couple of regular posters on this forum that seem to be very competent photographers and have good technical expertise in this area. I might pluck up the courage to pick their brains for some advice to help point me in the right direction also. You asked do I use 'RAW mode'. This indeed is new to me so as you can see I could not be starting from a lower base!!

I am keen though and I never tire of observing the sky both day and night and the changing weather patterns.

Thanks again and apologies for a long overdue reply.

Advertisement