Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2021 General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,296 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Fog is here again this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Horrible fog here in Firhouse D24!

Cool and damp.

I'm betting it's glorious sunshine in Arklow though, Marine Layer 😁😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭compsys

Awful fog in Dun Laoghaire. It does seem to be ever so slowly burning off on the satellite though.

It's literally in the exact same place almost as last year when most of Leinster was under cloud while the rest of the country basked in sunshine.

The sea fog is knocking on the door here 2kms inland of Arklow

Feeling quite cool in the breeze blowing in off that fog

• Registered Users Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭pad199207

The fog bank is about a half a mile from my house at the moment. Thankfully I’m on the good side. Cheers mountains 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,099 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Clear sunny and warm here in Castlebar.

Thats probably the overnight inland fog,not sea fog

Its the stuff rolling in off the Irish sea to roughly 4 or 5kms inland at times is the problem this spell

• Registered Users Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭pad199207

Looking at the satellite it’s streaming in from the east around the mountains. 🤷‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭snowgal

literally all burned off here within a half hour and now beautiful sunshine in Meath

The cloud might be but the fog isn't

The day actual sea fog gets in to Naas,we are all in trouble

Meanwhile, the suns poked out here,so I'll stop complaining 😅

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Sun and blue sky has poked through the fog in Greystones. Felling warm now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭pauldry

After 24c yesterday its currently 21c so far today in Sligo

Last year we had a warm spell in Sligo so 2 August's in a row now

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Fog and low cloud has broken here too in Howth at last, beautiful out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Thursday looking like the hottest day of the week with 27c possible

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Beautiful sunny day in Kerry, been drawing in seaweed from the coast this morning, feeling warm, car reading 23C.

Ireland has the best weather in the world ( well today anyway 😁).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

a beautiful day here in Meath, currently 21C and bags of sunshine. It's nowhere as warm as the July spell but far more comfortable so perfect conditions for all leisure and work related activities.

Great day out. A pleasant 24 degrees here in Castlebar with clear blue skies.Lots of butterflies etc on the move. Nice to see

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭External Association

The seaweed reminds me of a famous film scene.

'Gwan Bull tis your field' 🙂

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Lovely afternoon in Greystones now with the mist well out to sea.

25 degrees at Newport at 3pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,181 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

We often moan about the weather here, and I do too, but I was just thinking myself earlier that when we have days like these, Ireland really is one of the top places to be.

We never get scalded like Spain, Portugal, Italy, Oz, etc.

We never get totally froze.

We have no mad storms that wreck the place.

We have no earthquakes.

We have no biblical rain (well, very rarely).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭mcburns07

It's a great place to avoid the damage and inconvenience that weather can cause.... but not great if you have an interest in extreme weather.

Late 2017 - mid 2018 will take some beating for me down in Cork. Ophelia in Oct, Beast from the East end Feb/Mar, an amazing night of lightning in May, then that brilliant hot and dry spell in June. We were truly spoilt for that 9 month period.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭sporina

its just stunning on The Copper Coast Co Waterford.. on staycation - not been here before - can't believe I wanted this long.. its absolutely divine and esp in this weather

Hearing today that the massive thunderstorm we had here near Arklow last Saturday caused a lot of damage on the hill a few kms behind us including a land slide and a flash flood

One farmer had 10's of 1000's of euros worth of damage done to a field and his milking parlour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Beautiful day in D5. Superb looking week ahead

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Noticed that too as did some of my work colleagues, came home this evening and loads of Small Tortoiseshell Butterflies on the Marjoram .

Got up to 23.9C in all day sunshine and still over 18C , what a stunning day.

Ironically I saw the Documentary ' The Real field ' last night on RTE but not a subconscious decision to go there as was pre planned 😀 but yeah was thinking that collecting seaweed was such a big part of improving the land along the coasts in years gone by, they certainly worked very hard and going back to the Bull it is no wonder land was so treasured and protected.

Very fine day and even warmer to come !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭External Association

I watched the documentary too!

The land runs deep away. The historic hunger for land. In my upland area in Laois it's amazing the bidding for poor parcels of land.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Just checked the temperature of the sky above with a laser thermo and it is exactly 0c. Hopefully it'll lead to a coolish night.

New Moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭highdef

At what elevation does the laser take the measurement? Is it dependent on certain weather conditions at the time? At what height above ASL would your 0° have been at today?

Advertisement