Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,866 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Age 44
    Registered 03/06
    Sent appt 08/06
    Appt 11/06 PM
    Helix, Dublin.
    Pfizer.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

spannerism wrote: »
    trying to logon to the portal this evening and am getting this

__MISSING LABEL__ PropertyFile - val TemporaryError not found in section SmsVerificationStartUi

is anyone else getting this?

Refreshing the page apparently fixes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

gozunda wrote: »
    Refreshing the page apparently fixes it.

Yup, worked for me too

• Registered Users Posts: 16,948 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Look i know i will get the vaccine eventually but It was frustrating that i had to take time off work and drive an hour down the road to be told i cant get the vaccine for another few weeks

Did they not ask about recent covid on the online portal? I thought I was asked this question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

Age 36
    Registered didn't, GP
    Sent text 01/06
    Appt 10/06
    Gorey
    Pfizer.

Took 20 minutes in total from time I was in until I was out. Very efficient. Back the 8th of July for the second dose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Lumpy.Monkey

Age 51
    Registered 11 May

SMS received 19 May
    Appointment 22 May, Aviva, Janssen. Nurse refused to vaccinate me after a panic attack.

SMS received 09 June
    Appointment 12 June, Aviva, Pfizer. Let's see if security refuse me assistance again.
    Three weeks to the day from my first appointment !

I want to go to Aviva when they open tomorrow, to stand the best chance of getting jabbed this time.
    Does anyone know what time is the first appointment?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭tippingpoint

My sister is 40.
    Registered 2nd June.
    Text received yesterday, the 10th.
    Appointment Monday 14th in Castlebar.
    Vaccine - Moderna.

I'm 31 and hoping registration opens for my age group next week :D

Does anyone know what ages are currently being vaccinated in Carrick on Shannon? Thinking I might be quicker using a Mayo Eircode!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Is drogheda/Bettystown area still really slow? Is 1-2 weeks standard waiting period?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭omega man

Drumpot wrote: »
    Is drogheda/Bettystown area still really slow? Is 1-2 weeks standard waiting period?

One week for me, drogheda.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭sideshowbob321

Larbre34 wrote:
    Age 44 Registered 03/06 Sent appt 08/06 Appt 11/06 PM Helix, Dublin. Pfizer.

Hi whats your DOB / year of birth ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭twomonkeys

Look i know i will get the vaccine eventually but It was frustrating that i had to take time off work and drive an hour down the road to be told i cant get the vaccine for another few weeks

It clearly says on the HSE website that you should not get a vaccine within 4 weeks of having covid, if you’d bothered to read it, so why did you register?

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭NTC

Is anyone getting texts in Galway, i am 44 and still no text. My wife got hers (a month older than me).

Rang the helpline, and they told me about the issue of younger people getting the vaccine before older people and that this is being "investigated". They also told me to wait the full 3 weeks! And that i could get the text "very soon" :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Who can I report my experience getting the vaccination injection to? I don't believe unprofessional people should be allowed to administer the vaccine.

Or just being an asshole shouldn't be allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Champagne Sally

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    Who can I report my experience getting the vaccination injection to? I don't believe unprofessional people should be allowed to administer the vaccine.

Or just being an asshole should be allowed.

It’s not clear from your post who the asshole was, you or them!

It’s not clear from your post who the asshole was, you or them!

The person saying shouting 7 meters away come down here come down here and I'll inject you with my big long needle is part of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭HalfAndHalf

Age 42
    Registered 1st June
    1st vaccine 6th June Cork City Hall
    Pfizer

Has anyone else’s card not got the 2nd Jab date on it? Do we get another text or do I need to speak to HSE?

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

How were they unprofessional for starters ? Did you leave with the vaccine in your body?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,104 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

44. Missed my appointment this morning.:(

Registered last week and hadn't been monitoring my texts because I lazily assumed it would be at least a couple of weeks before I got word.

How soon am I likely to be rescheduled?
    Been rescheduled for Monday morning, so hopefully little harm done.

Moderna vaccine in Castlebar.

Have turned 45 since above!:P
    My sister is 40.
    Registered 2nd June.
    Text received yesterday, the 10th.
    Appointment Monday 14th in Castlebar.
    Vaccine - Moderna.

Will say hello if I see her;)

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Pat_bottom

The person saying shouting 7 meters away come down here come down here and I'll inject you with my big long needle is part of it.

Did you get the injection?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JDD

Pat_bottom wrote: »
    Did you get the injection?

In fairness the lad has a point. Lots of people - in fact probably most people - have a fear of needles to a certain extent. Trying to joke about it/take the piss out that fear isn't the most professional way to go about things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

There's a guy called Joe Duffy. He can be contacted on 1850 715 815. (Queue diddly aye music).

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I don't think that's poor behaviour TBH, just someone attracting your attention. Vent to your heart's content by all means but then just let it go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Age 42
    Registered 1st June
    1st vaccine 6th June Cork City Hall
    Pfizer

Has anyone else’s card not got the 2nd Jab date on it? Do we get another text or do I need to speak to HSE?

Mine did not have a date on it for the 2nd jab, but received a text for the 2nd jab a few days before the 4 week due date .. so i would just hold fire and wait for the text

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Pat_bottom

JDD wrote: »
    In fairness the lad has a point. Lots of people - in fact probably most people - have a fear of needles to a certain extent. Trying to joke about it/take the piss out that fear isn't the most professional way to go about things.

That person was probably working many hour shifts and could of been 5 or 6 people per hour at least for most of them hours?few days a week? I think they can be cut a little slack if they find some little humour to keep themselves somewhat functional.

Maybe it wasn't perfect but it's hardly gonna ruin anyone's life.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Fracking Cylon

Why not say it to the person who said it at the time, they may not have thought about it from your perspective.

Why not say it to the person who said it at the time, they may not have thought about it from your perspective.

That wasn't the only thing, I don't really care, I went for a vaccine shot and I came away with one but their manner I could see being distressful for other people I don't want to go into it here on boards I just asked is there somewhere I can report my experience and then maybe they can have a word with the person to be more professional.

I don't understand the need for personal probing questions (Except security and medical history) this isn't a doctors appointment it's to get a vaccine shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭HalfAndHalf

Robxxx7 wrote: »
    Mine did not have a date on it for the 2nd jab, but received a text for the 2nd jab a few days before the 4 week due date .. so i would just hold fire and wait for the text

Thanks very much. Didn’t think much of it at the time as thought it’s a bit much to expect the lads to do the questions, inject ya and then schedule your next appointment. But then saw a few cards there on the news the other day with 2nd appointments on them after the first jab.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,342 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I think you are being a bit precious, put yourself in their shoes, injecting people all day long , day in day out. He/she probably thought you looked normal enough to have a bit of banter with..

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

That wasn't the only thing, I don't really care, I went for a vaccine shot and I came away with one but their manner I could see being distressful for other people I don't want to go into it here on boards I just asked is there somewhere I can report my experience and then maybe they can have a word with the person to be more professional.

I don't understand the need for personal probing questions (Except security and medical history) this isn't a doctors appointment it's to get a vaccine shot.
    Call HSE Live and ask them - 1800 851 500

• Advertisement

NTC wrote: »
    Is anyone getting texts in Galway, i am 44 and still no text. My wife got hers (a month older than me).

Rang the helpline, and they told me about the issue of younger people getting the vaccine before older people and that this is being "investigated". They also told me to wait the full 3 weeks! And that i could get the text "very soon" :(

43 - got my text for Galway yesterday, the day after 2 people I know who are also 43 but born the following year. I think how early you registered on the day it opened plays into the queue as both of those registered first thing when 40-44 opened, whereas I didn't get in until the afternoon

Advertisement