Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Friend 43, Croke park, next Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Not that I know of! There are many, many people more in need and deserving of the vaccine than me. I just stood out because Cork is going so quickly and I didn't really know of anyone even two or three years younger without an appointment, let alone anyone my age unvaccinated. But plenty 1976s and older still unvaccinated in North Dublin, Louth, Meath, etc. Mine was a first world problem, but it was my first world problem!

OK, sorry you just seemed a bit panicked ...

• Registered Users Posts: 25 gfarnan

Got the same thing, Rang them its a mistake/technical issue, you should probably ring them and double check
    Thefact wrote: »
    43 registered on 1st june just got my text for UCD 14th.
    AstraZenca

• Registered Users Posts: 15,218 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

NIMAN wrote: »
    Apparently still a high number of no-shows across the country.

4.1% I believe the HSE said it is and they say that isn't high. They believe its not accurate either due to the inability for the system to recognise if someone has been vaccinated by a GP and has registered on the portal that it can't cancel the portal apointment

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

On the no show issue , friend of mine never received a text and only for he checked the portal and rang he would have missed his appointment.
    I also think some people are not seeing the texts..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭busterjones

Age 43
    Registered on the 3/06/21 (officially, actually did it when opened early on the 1st)
    Apt notification: 10/06/21
    Vaccination date 17/06/21
    Aviva
    Vaccine Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Thefact

gfarnan wrote: »
    Got the same thing, Rang them its a mistake/technical issue, you should probably ring them and double check

I just checked back on the portal and the appointment has now been removed. Looks like a mistake. Would be happy to get anything at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Pat_bottom

Thefact wrote: »
    I just checked back on the portal and the appointment has now been removed. Looks like a mistake. Would be happy to get anything at this stage.

Nah even if you waiting another week or so on your appointment you will still have pfizer quicker then AZ. IF they didn't text you to say its cancelled you could go in with the text like i did and play dumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

I logged into the portal a few times today. I get the SMS PIN to login which pops up so I can type it in. I see that it is still "Awaiting Appointment 1". Then I put the phone down.

I pick up the phone again an hour later and see the unread text icon at the top. I get fierce excited and then realise it's the PIN from an hour ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭alanzo27

Vaccine Type: Comirnarty (Pfizer/BioNTech).
    Vaccine Notification Date: 04/05/2021 via telephone.
    Vaccine First Appointment Date: 06/05/2021.
    Vaccine Second Appointment Date: 03/06/2021.
    Vaccination Location: Local GP Surgery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Hmm if there are 40 year olds being done in some sites then they need to open registration for 35-39 sooner. Can't hold up Cork or Kilkenny so Dublin and Meath can catch up.

If 40+ are done in Cork and KK, then send the vaccines to areas where they need to catch up, if an area is “ahead” it’s not because it’s better it’s because they are being given more vaccines per head than the other sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    If 40+ are done in Cork and KK, then send the vaccines to areas where they need to catch up, if an area is “ahead” it’s not because it’s better it’s because they are being given more vaccines per head than the other sites.

Don’t know about other places but there are still plenty of people in their forties in Cork waiting to be called. There are over half a million people in County Cork. It can seem like lots of people are being vaccinated when people are posting on boards but the progress might be the same as elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

Appointment text: 10 June
    First dose appointment: 14 June
    Centre: Punchestown
    Vaccine: Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭spannerism

trying to logon to the portal this evening and am getting this

__MISSING LABEL__ PropertyFile - val TemporaryError not found in section SmsVerificationStartUi

is anyone else getting this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Hmm if there are 40 year olds being done in some sites then they need to open registration for 35-39 sooner. Can't hold up Cork or Kilkenny so Dublin and Meath can catch up.

It was the same in Cork in other cohorts. Progress isn't strictly aged based at all. After 5 days of the 45-49 cohort I had 45 year old friends getting appointments but it didn't mean they were nearly finished the cohort. There were loads of 49 year olds still not done at that stage. Same now no doubt. Just because they are doing 40 year olds doesn't mean there aren't plenty of 41s, 42s and even 43s and 44s yet to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

It was the same in Cork in other cohorts. Progress isn't strictly aged based at all. After 5 days of the 45-49 cohort I had 45 year old friends getting appointments but it didn't mean they were nearly finished the cohort. There were loads of 49 year olds still not done at that stage. Same now no doubt. Just because they are doing 40 year olds doesn't mean there aren't plenty of 41s, 42s and even 43s and 44s yet to do.

Indeed. 49 - 45 was done in Douglas and then they moved to the 49 - 45 in Togher.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Indeed. 49 - 45 was done in Douglas and then they moved to the 49 - 45 in Togher.

Im pretty sure it wasn't that geographic either from all the asking around I was doing over the last few weeks. I'm douglas direction myself. East Cork seemed to be the place to be from what I could see.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Yellowboglady

spannerism wrote: »

__MISSING LABEL__ PropertyFile - val TemporaryError not found in section SmsVerificationStartUi

Yeah I am getting that too !

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I logged into the portal a few times today. I get the SMS PIN to login which pops up so I can type it in. I see that it is still "Awaiting Appointment 1". Then I put the phone down.

I pick up the phone again an hour later and see the unread text icon at the top. I get fierce excited and then realise it's the PIN from an hour ago.

I’ve registered since June 1st but never got any login details for anything?!!!

Drumpot wrote: »
    I’ve registered since June 1st but never got any login details for anything?!!!

You would of mate you can't register in portal without getting email to reset your password.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NTC

spannerism wrote: »

I am getting it as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Yeah I am getting that too !

Me too

Went to get my vaccine today after registering last week but after been ask several questions when i got there they wouldnt vaccinate me because i got covid back in May and i am not a month out of isolation yet. Fu@king frustrating. Have to wait another few weeks

Went to get my vaccine today after registering last week but after been ask several questions when i got there they wouldnt vaccinate me because i got covid back in May and i am not a month out of isolation yet. Fu@king frustrating. Have to wait another few weeks

Not really any difference in my opinion its a waste giving vaccine to recent cases if they have immunity for six months or so.

Why is it so frustrating? Based on recent data you have a minimum 9 months immunity and as a recent positive case will benefit from the equivalent of vaccine bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ClosedAccountFuzzy

Van.Bosch wrote: »

I can assure you 40+ is not done in Cork. I've 44 year old friends who've only just got appointments for City Hall next Wednesday and know 41 and 42 year olds who've yet to receive any appointment.

There's over 542,868 people and I think we're just hearing the outlying cases here in terms of age.

Why is it so frustrating? Based on recent data you have a minimum 9 months immunity and as a recent positive case will benefit from the equivalent of vaccine bonus

Look i know i will get the vaccine eventually but It was frustrating that i had to take time off work and drive an hour down the road to be told i cant get the vaccine for another few weeks

Agree here. If they skipped all the people that had it since start of the year they be way ahead now.

Pat_bottom wrote: »
    Not really any difference in my opinion its a waste giving vaccine to recent cases if they have immunity for six months or so.

I am sure if the HSE system had been back up working after it being hacked a few weeks ago i would have been waiting another while to get the vaccine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Mellon_Collie

Age 43
    Registered on the 3/06/21 (officially, actually did it when opened early on the 1st)
    Apt notification: 10/06/21
    Vaccination date 17/06/21
    Aviva
    Vaccine Pfizer

Wow, a full week's notice! That's the longest I've heard of. The logistics seem to be going well at the Aviva. Best of luck for it.

Advertisement