Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Mellon_Collie

Day 23 and finally got the text (first morning I didn't look at the portal ironically)

DOB - 1976
    Location - Cork City Hall
    Date - Wednesday 16 June (6 more days)
    Flavour - Pfizer
    Mood - Worn out but relieved. I'm afraid the elated ship sailed about 10 days ago...

In fairness I can confirm the existence of the escalation team. I got a call from HSE live about 60 seconds after receiving the text to see if I had. Did have a brief discussion. He is on that team. He was the 4th HSE person I spoke to, 3 of them very helpful the other less so but still fine. I asked if there was any way of going sooner given there are MVCs doing Pfizer with a few km of me today and tomorrow but he said no. Fair enough (but still not sure why they can't slot one person in). So 6 more days it is, but I will take it at this stage. Awfully stressful few weeks, my heart goes out to those older than me still waiting. Horrible feeling of helplessness.

Hopefully this whole spell in our lives will be but a mad memory this time next year.

Brilliant news Rebelbrowser! It's a pity they couldn't slot you in sooner but at least you have your appointment now and won't have to keep checking the portal/your texts for an update.

So there wasn't any reason given for why you were waiting longer than others you know in the area?

It seems to be that some are randomly unlucky and do go to the 3wk limit without hearing anything so I'll have to try to be patient... I'm just one week now post-registration.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭mugwumpjism

is_that_so wrote: »
    What tweet? That sounds like they'll work their way down through a list, not that a whole load of people just show up. Frontline/Group would be AZ and are being done.

Yes they are required to have a standby list following National guidelines, I was just wondering who is on the list, is it people that indicate they are available at very short notice or ( as I presume) people who are frontline or group 4/7 who are still waiting for some reason....from the the article I read it seems to be the latter....but there are a few people on this thread that mentioned they 'got a call from a vaccine centre' to see if they could attend straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

@Rebelbrowser just curious, are you in a vulnerable category ?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭purplestar77

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I've scrolled back for today's comments & haven't seen anything about City West. A listener texted Pat Kenny today giving out about a 90 minute delay and I think pat said they were expecting longer delays as the day went on
    I was at Citywest last night. Appt 18.20. Only got to park my car at around 18.20 after 25min traffic to get into CW. 90 mins of queuing. Got the shot in my arm at 19.55. Was delighted to sit down finally when I got the shot !

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Pat_bottom

mollser wrote: »
    Following this with great interest, I'm due tomorrow with the exact same circumstances - I'm hoping all goes well this evening... please do report back!

Just to update

I turned up but they could not find me on the system but they kept waving me through for the next person to check. Eventually got in front of registration desk armed with my text and she chevked my pps on data base it said I'd declined to attend.

She scoffed and said its a glitch and registered me and all was done within 15 mins of driving In. Only registered online this day last week and I should of only registered on Sunday.

all the girls and staff were so nice am delighted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭raclle

37 South Tipp

Got a text from my Local GP last night to book an appointment for my first Pfizer jab tomorrow (such short notice) but I'll be attending a funeral so booking next week instead

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

TomSweeney wrote: »
    @Rebelbrowser just curious, are you in a vulnerable category ?

Not that I know of! There are many, many people more in need and deserving of the vaccine than me. I just stood out because Cork is going so quickly and I didn't really know of anyone even two or three years younger without an appointment, let alone anyone my age unvaccinated. But plenty 1976s and older still unvaccinated in North Dublin, Louth, Meath, etc. Mine was a first world problem, but it was my first world problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭mugwumpjism

D3 seems to be moving now, appointments going out so fingers crossed the other centres are also going well

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

1977 / 44 yrs
    Registered 1st June
    CityWest (from North Kildare)
    Sunday 13th June
    Pfizer

must resist giving consent online...

• Registered Users Posts: 38 clarsax

Yay!! Just checked the portal.

Registered 8 days ago
    Dublin 7
    Croke park
    16/6
    Pfizer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,147 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

"The public are being advised not to 'turn up and hope' at vaccination centres seeking a 'spare' vaccine."
    - HSE
    So officially no walk-ins !

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1402989293602148352?s=20

Good, the staff have enough to be dealing with there supporting and helping those who arrived on time, on schedule to get vaccinated as opposed to people trying to chance their arm...

There was one this morning looking to skip in who I suspect or well I could tell was a drug addict giving the the staff a bad time, no vaccination card, or knowledge if he had an appointment or didn’t ...and me behind him getting my vaccination card out he turns stands two feet in front of me and starts shouting , “hey bud tell them, you don’t mind if I”.. ..nice... :confused:

Fuçk it, I’m vaccinated so yassssssssss

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭screamer

Age 41
    Registered 5/6/21
    Appointment notification 10/6/15
    Vaccination date 15/6/21
    Centre Kilkenny
    Vaccine Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Boozybee

Age 42
    Registered on the 3/06/21
    Apt notification: 4/06/21
    Vaccination date 9/06/21
    Centre Roscommon
    Vaccine Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

deise08 wrote: »
    Thanks tea and coffee, been watching for weeks.
    40, and just registered there now.
    Just being able to do that much is a weight off.
    One step closer to being vaccinated.

Wohoo just got my appointment text.
    Registered around half eleven at night on the 1st.

Age 40
    Registered on the 01/06/21
    Apt notification: 10/06/21
    Vaccination date 15/06/21
    Centre Waterford.
    Vaccine Pfizer.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,988 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Strumms wrote:
    There was one this morning looking to skip in who I suspect or well I could tell was a drug addict giving the the staff a bad time, no vaccination card, or knowledge if he had an appointment or didn’t ...and me behind him getting my vaccination card out he turns stands two feet in front of me and starts shouting , “hey bud tell them, you don’t mind if Iâ€.. ..nice...

Id have thought drug addicts would all have been vaccinated long before now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

clarsax wrote: »
    Yay!! Just checked the portal.

Registered 8 days ago
    Dublin 7
    Croke park
    16/6
    Pfizer
    Waiting for mine but I've noticed a few of ye saying that ye checked the portal. Can you check the portal for your date or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Waiting for mine but I've noticed a few of ye saying that ye checked the portal. Can you check the portal for your date or something?

https://vaccine3.hse.ie/s/login/ and click on "already have an account" at the bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 clarsax

Yes, and the appointment was there. Got the text around a hour later

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Thefact

43 registered on 1st june just got my text for UCD 14th.
    AstraZenca

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Thefact wrote: »
    AstraZenca

Are they giving Astra now to the 40s?

• Advertisement

PopTarts wrote: »

That's unusual alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,649 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

PopTarts wrote: »
    AZ is available for under 50s if there's no alternative available

• Registered Users Posts: 33,380 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

OH was 25min from arrival to leaving today, including the 15min wait after the jab.

Fair play Letterkenny, well done.

NIMAN wrote: »
    OH was 25min from arrival to leaving today, including the 15min wait after the jab.

Fair play Letterkenny, well done.

It's great ain't it. I was less then 30 mins and that included them having to look for me haha

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

44, Limerick City, have the Pfizer jab on Monday 14th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Hmm if there are 40 year olds being done in some sites then they need to open registration for 35-39 sooner. Can't hold up Cork or Kilkenny so Dublin and Meath can catch up.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,380 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Apparently still a high number of no-shows across the country.

What is wrong with people?

Why register if you aren't going to show up?

Spoke to a local chemist in Donegal today, they reckon it'll be 3 weeks before they can administer jabs, with booking through HSE website as usual.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Apparently still a high number of no-shows across the country.

What is wrong with people?

Why register if you aren't going to show up?

Spoke to a local chemist in Donegal today, they reckon it'll be 3 weeks before they can administer jabs, with booking through HSE website as usual.

Wonder is a number of these down to glitching? If I didn't go along today I would of shown up as a no show and declined vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭appledrop

Thefact wrote: »
    AstraZenca

Very strange they said no AZ for under 50s. 8 wouldn't be surprised if your appointment gets cancelled.

That's what happened to some under 50s due to get J&J.

Are you going to take it? Could end up not been fully vaccinated until Sep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭appledrop

Pat_bottom wrote: »
    Wonder is a number of these down to glitching? If I didn't go along today I would of shown up as a no show and declined vaccine.

Yea that's what I think. My husband registered with portal, but in meantime he got a call from GP and got it that way.

Eventually got app few weeks later through the portal, so rang them to explain and cancel the app.

20mins later another app texted to him!

He has to ring again to cancel.

Some people wouldnt be bothered ringing up twice to cancel.

Advertisement