Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭mugwumpjism

Hurrache wrote: »
    There's plenty of people in Dublin travelling that distance, beyond their nearest centre, for their vaccinations.

I was of the understanding that you were linked to your closest vaccination centre and was putting down the delays in Dublin 3 to something wrong in Croke park, so you can be assigned anywhere in Dublin? Doesn't explain the delays in D3 then.

Also is it common for them to ring to say they have spaces after cancellations, I have never heard this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

I was of the understanding that you were linked to your closest vaccination centre and was putting down the delays in Dublin 3 to something wrong in Croke park, so you can be assigned anywhere in Dublin? Doesn't explain the delays in D3 then.

Also is it common for them to ring to say they have spaces after cancellations, I have never heard this

You seem to get linked to a vaccination centre at some point in the process (but before you have an appointment so you are unaware). It's then pot luck how quickly the list there moves / whether it is primarily doing first doses or not, etc. I got Cork City Hall, my wife got PUC. Not pre determined by location it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

It seem more complicated than that and may be down to vaccine allocation at the various centres. Croke Park is small in comparison with the other larger centres and don't forget there are second doses to be done. That means a specific vaccine for the day. Doubt that second one is true but it's not unusual for GPs to call much younger age groups.

is_that_so wrote: »
    It seem more complicated than that and may be down to vaccine allocation at the various centres. Croke Park is small in comparison with the other larger centres and don't forget there are second doses to be done. That means a specific vaccine for the day. Doubt that second one is true but it's not unusual for GPs to call much younger age groups.

Yes it seems like people who got assigned the AVIVA got appointments really quickly, none of my friends got Croke park and they would be near enough....it would seem to make more sense to just do it strictly by DOB and an available centre within the the boundary of your County therefore you would not have the bottle necks in particular centres due to demographics etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

43, and have an apointment for 16 June (living in Spain), I think it's the J+J one , so one jab.

• Advertisement

Yes it seems like people who got assigned the AVIVA got appointments really quickly, none of my friends got Croke park and they would be near enough....it would seem to make more sense to just do it strictly by DOB and an available centre within the the boundary of your County therefore you would not have the bottle necks in particular centres due to demographics etc
    The Aviva can do about 4K a day, Croke Park, maybe a quarter of that. I reckon it's a backup to the Helix which should be 5k+ a day now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Nah, it's probably more about allocation, availability and scheduling. People in the same house have been sent to centres on different sides of the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Top quark

Day 23 and finally got the text (first morning I didn't look at the portal ironically)

DOB - 1976
    Location - Cork City Hall
    Date - Wednesday 16 June (6 more days)
    Flavour - Pfizer
    Mood - Worn out but relieved. I'm afraid the elated ship sailed about 10 days ago...

In fairness I can confirm the existence of the escalation team. I got a call from HSE live about 60 seconds after receiving the text to see if I had. Did have a brief discussion. He is on that team. He was the 4th HSE person I spoke to, 3 of them very helpful the other less so but still fine. I asked if there was any way of going sooner given there are MVCs doing Pfizer with a few km of me today and tomorrow but he said no. Fair enough (but still not sure why they can't slot one person in). So 6 more days it is, but I will take it at this stage. Awfully stressful few weeks, my heart goes out to those older than me still waiting. Horrible feeling of helplessness.

Hopefully this whole spell in our lives will be but a mad memory this time next year.

Delighted you are sorted now Rebelbrowser . I felt your pain too .

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ClosedAccountFuzzy

They better have a bulk deal on those text alerts for the portal. I know a few ppl who are checking several times a day at this stage as they have been waiting over a week.

A comfort message just saying that “Your are registered. We are processing your appointment and will be back to you soon.” might be useful if it goes beyond say 7 days.

I just know one person who is getting worried that they’ve possibly inputted a wrong ppsn or that there’s some glitch or reason that they’re not being given a date for a jab, while others, younger than them, are.

They better have a bulk deal on those text alerts for the portal. I know a few ppl who are checking several times a day at this stage as they have been waiting over a week.

A comfort message just saying that “Your are registered. We are processing your appointment and will be back to you soon.” might be useful if it goes beyond say 7 days.

I just know one person who is getting worried that they’ve possibly inputted a wrong ppsn or that there’s some glitch or reason that they’re not being given a date for a jab, while others, younger than them, are.

A week is nothing and the system actually says within 3 weeks. You can see that comfort message every time you log in to check! As always supplies dictate the speed and you'll be called when you are called.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Lumpy.Monkey

"The public are being advised not to 'turn up and hope' at vaccination centres seeking a 'spare' vaccine."
    - HSE
    So officially no walk-ins !

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1402989293602148352?s=20

A week is nothing and the system actually says within 3 weeks. You can see it every time you log in to check! As always supplies dictate the speed.

I just mean they’d save themselves a lot of phone calls to their 1850 number if they just sent out "you're successfuly registered and still in the queue."

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Edgarfrndly

Vaccine : Pfizer
    Getting my 2nd jab on the 22nd of this month. First jab was 2 weeks ago. I got mine through my GP though. They seem to be way ahead of the HSE. Although I was part of the vulnerable list.

I just mean they’d save themselves a lot of phone calls to their 1850 number if they just sent out "you're successfuly registered and still in the queue."
    I think some people have the number on speed dial! Everyone will be done and fairly soon. TBH it's great to see people so antsy and so eager to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭mollser

My appointment for tomorrow, Friday, at Citywest was cancelled when I completed the medical questions online on Tuesday. I was all ready to rock on up tomorrow armed with just a text, but now just received a new appointment by text for Sunday afternoon, so the appointment was 'rescheduled' to within 2 days of the original appointment.

So I'll save myself the hassle of turning up tomorrow.

Interstingly, when I log in to the portal (NOT to complete the medical questions lol), it is now saying the medical questions have been answered! So it seems to have accepted the originally answered questions which led to the appointment being cancelled??

Anyway, there's definitely a glitch in the system somewhere but alls well that ends well - unnecessary bother though!

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭FaganJr

Vaccine : Pfizer
    Getting my 2nd jab on the 22nd of this month. First jab was 2 weeks ago. I got mine through my GP though. They seem to be way ahead of the HSE. Although I was part of the vulnerable list.

I hear there can be some strong flu like side effects after 2nd Pfizer for some, how did it effect you?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭freida

mollser wrote: »
    My appointment for tomorrow, Friday, at Citywest was cancelled when I completed the medical questions online on Tuesday. I was all ready to rock on up tomorrow armed with just a text, but now just received a new appointment by text for Sunday afternoon, so the appointment was 'rescheduled' to within 2 days of the original appointment.

So I'll save myself the hassle of turning up tomorrow.

Interstingly, when I log in to the portal (NOT to complete the medical questions lol), it is now saying the medical questions have been answered! So it seems to have accepted the originally answered questions which led to the appointment being cancelled??

Anyway, there's definitely a glitch in the system somewhere but alls well that ends well - unnecessary bother though!

Thats great news

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Edgarfrndly

FaganJr wrote: »
    I hear there can be some strong flu like side effects after 2nd Pfizer for some, how did it effect you?

Not sure, don't get my 2nd one for two weeks. I heard the same. Some are fine with it. I had no problems with the first one, outside of a sore arm for a day or two - but was otherwise fine.

I don't care if I feel a unwell for a day or two after the second one, so long as I'm protected. :) Just keen to get it so I can relax a little. Have too many health problems as it is, don't need that on top of it lol

Saturday 12th
    Galway
    Moderna

• Registered Users Posts: 16,986 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Clearest evidence yet that rejecting the 1st appointment puts one 21 days behind/ignored Longer or maybe forever if not chased

It totally depends on the centre itself and what vaccine they are giving out at any particular point in time. I cancelled 5 or 6 appointments and I had another offer within 24 hours at Hilex. This was about 2 or 3 weeks ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭FaganJr

Not sure, don't get my 2nd one for two weeks. I heard the same. Some are fine with it. I had no problems with the first one, outside of a sore arm for a day or two - but was otherwise fine.

I don't care if I feel a unwell for a day or two after the second one, so long as I'm protected. :) Just keen to get it so I can relax a little. Have too many health problems as it is, don't need that on top of it lol

Apologies, misread, I thought you had got 2nd dose
    I have 1 dose of Pfizer also, so just waiting for 2nd appointment.

Goodluck

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

Husband:
    registered Monday 7th, vaccine this Friday 11th
    Tullamore Court

• Registered Users Posts: 16,986 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I've scrolled back for today's comments & haven't seen anything about City West. A listener texted Pat Kenny today giving out about a 90 minute delay and I think pat said they were expecting longer delays as the day went on

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

Got second Pfizer jab today through local doctor. 42. Bar a sore shoulder for a day or two, no side effects after the first jab.

"The public are being advised not to 'turn up and hope' at vaccination centres seeking a 'spare' vaccine."
    - HSE
    So officially no walk-ins !

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1402989293602148352?s=20

How do you get on this spare list!! Is it for people who are in the older groups who missed out or anyone over 40? Also how are people getting GP appointments, mind said any spares are only going to over 70s or vulnerable ( which is fair enough)

I've had my 2 by the way, it is the Mrs who is waiting and a few mates in the D3 area

One of my family members, born in 1977 got offered Pfizer/BioNTech at Cork City Hall on Wednesday, 16 June. Roughly a week after registering.

How do you get on this spare list!! Is it for people who are in the older groups who missed out or anyone over 40? Also how are people getting GP appointments, mind said any spares are only going to over 70s or vulnerable ( which is fair enough)

I've had my 2 by the way, it is the Mrs who is waiting and a few mates in the D3 area
    Very likely to be turned away at an MVC and the GP appointments seem to be pure luck, unless you are in Groups 4 or 7.

Very likely to be turned away at an MVC and the GP appointments seem to be pure luck, unless you are in Groups 4 or 7.

It says in the tweet that there are 'standby lists in place' I am just wondering who is on these lists, is it frontline/vulnerable etc who are still waiting or can you request it and say ' I'll be there like the roadrunner if I get a call!'

It says in the tweet that there are 'standby lists in place' I am just wondering who is on these lists, is it frontline/vulnerable etc who are still waiting or can you request it and say ' I'll be there like the roadrunner if I get a call!'

Just read an article, seems to be frontline and group 4 who are on the lists that missed out, fair enough.

• Advertisement

What tweet? That sounds like they'll work their way down through a list, not that a whole load of people just show up. Frontline/Group would be AZ and are being done.

Advertisement