Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Getting a message now when I try to log into the portal “we can’t send you a verification code right now, please try again later”. Sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 1 OptionSomeNone

Text received: June 23
    Appointment: July 27
    MVC: Tralee (and living in Tralee)
    Vaccine: Pfizer

I was going to call HSE this weekend if I hadn't received anything, as I know of others with similar age done much sooner in Tralee & Killarney.
    But received SMS this morning, 18 days after reg.
    Appointment will be 22 days days after reg.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Mellon_Collie

Physical proof or just asked you and they took note? Im in waterford

Physical proof isn't needed. I had mine jotted down on a piece of paper that I could show at registration and to the vaccinator.
    It was a tip I saw on here actually to have name, address, PPSN, DoB written down and it was handy, both ladies said they appreciated it. It saved having to call out personal details through the mask, screen etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Rket4000

I was asked for mine yesterday in Punchestown

I was asked for it about 3 times when I went for 1st vaccine bit but not all for 2nd dose

Just to clarify I was just asked what it is, no physical proof required

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Qrt

Do i need pps number wit me when gettin vaccine? Text says i dont thought i read or someone told me i did need it. Cant remember. Text just says phone photo id and face covering

I thought everyone knew their PPSN. Just have it to hand anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭JPup

Qrt wrote: »
    I thought everyone knew their PPSN. Just have it to hand anyway.

I'd be surprised if even 5% of the population knew it by heart, but maybe some people need to use it way more than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭mioniqa

Degag wrote: »
    On what type of phone number were you contacted? Landline presumably? I have 2 missed calls from mobiles today but with the amount of spam calls lately i’m not inclined to answer/call back!!

I got a call from my local MVC from a mobile number. They had leftovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,048 ✭✭✭prunudo

Will23 wrote: »
    called the HSE just now, 21 days since registration on June 2nd... new story is it's 21 days after you should have registered (6th) as i'm 40. will not escalate the case until 21 days from the 6th June. Dublin south. Trying not to let it get to me, but quite frustrating all the same.

Tbh, I don't buy that, they're covering their arses, the portal opened on June 2nd for those aged 40-69. On the 45-49 age group it dropped a year a day but for whatever reason the 40-44 were all allowed to register from day one. Donnelly said it was a day a year but the portal registration system didn't tally with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,406 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

billyhead wrote: »
    Aged 40. Living in North County Dublin. Registered on 6th . Haven't heard a dickybird yet.

Similar for me except South County Dublin and registered on the 1st. Nothing on the portal or text.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,406 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

prunudo wrote: »
    Tbh, I don't buy that, they're covering their arses, the portal opened on June 2nd for those aged 40-69. On the 45-49 age group it dropped a year a day but for whatever reason the 40-44 were all allowed to register from day one. Donnelly said it was a day a year but the portal registration system didn't tally with that.

45 year olds could register on the 1st day too, the same as 49 year olds. Plus, the portal usually opens a few hours on the day before for the super eager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,048 ✭✭✭prunudo

45 year olds could register on the 1st day too, the same as 49 year olds. Plus, the portal usually opens a few hours on the day before for the super eager.

I can only go off the pages which I was following which were saying apply if you are eg 47 this year, the following day it was 46 etc etc.
    When I logged in for my own registration, it was definitely 40-69.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Darwin

My wife and I had 10 days notice of our second Pfzier jab in Portlaoise which I thought was a bit strange as most people get 3 or so days notice. Sure enough got a cancellation text today and that they would be in touch again in the coming *weeks*. Our vaccination day would have been 32 days since the first jab, I'm now wondering wtf is going on? The HSE helpline was a waste of a phonecall.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Darwin wrote: »
    My wife and I had 10 days notice of our second Pfzier jab in Portlaoise which I thought was a bit strange as most people get 3 or so days notice. Sure enough got a cancellation text today and that they would be in touch again in the coming *weeks*. Our vaccination day would have been 32 days since the first jab, I'm now wondering wtf is going on? The HSE helpline was a waste of a phonecall.

I have yet to hear anyone say they got any satisfaction or information from the helpline
    What on earth is it for I ask ?

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I have yet to hear anyone say they got any satisfaction or information from the helpline
    What on earth is it for I ask ?

Yes indeed...I think the helpline is just to regurgitate what is on the various HSE leaflets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

38. Registered on Monday morning at 9am. Appointment text today around 2.30pm. Vaccine next Monday 10.30 Cork City Hall and Pfizer vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

If you still have original text just go get it and act dumb to getting a cancellation text ..

harr wrote: »
    If you still have original text just go get it and act dumb to getting a cancellation text ..

That's my exact plan as for various reasons I will be unable to wait for another appointment in the weeks ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

That's my exact plan as for various reasons I will be unable to wait for another appointment in the weeks ahead.

Keep in mind Portlaoise are doing different vaccines on different days so fingers crossed for you that they are doing the vaccine you need on that particular day.

Cousin:

Age 49
    First dose: Sat 29th May
    Second dose: Sun 27th June
    Helix
    Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Cb12345

Flying Fox wrote: »
    Cousin:

Age 49
    First dose: Sat 29th May
    Second dose: Sun 27th June
    Helix
    Pfizer
    Ohhhhh ! I'm 49 and was done on 29th May too in the Helix.
    Thanks for the post.
    Cheered me up lots. Even if I don't get done same day at least shows progress being made.

• Advertisement

harr wrote: »
    Keep in mind Portlaoise are doing different vaccines on different days so fingers crossed for you that they are doing the vaccine you need on that particular day.

Would be pretty likely the reason is they switched to AZ clinic that day.

Cb12345 wrote: »
    Ohhhhh ! I'm 49 and was done on 29th May too in the Helix.
    Thanks for the post.
    Cheered me up lots. Even if I don't get done same day at least shows progress being made.

No worries, yeah you should be up soon. Her appointment is quite late so she's probably one of the last ones that day.

Do check the portal as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Mullinabreena

I'm 39 and registered on Sunday I haven't heard anything yet but my brother is 37 and registered Tuesday and is getting his first Pfizer jab tomorrow. A guy at work registered on Tuesday and is getting it jab on Sunday. We all live in the same area

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭orlaxxx

23, no underlying health conditions, got a call for GP, believe it is because Delta variant is rampant in the local area maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭forestgirl

Its great you have a doctor that will give you the vaccine,there must be an awful lot of vulnerable people not getting vaccine and vulnerable and probably 20yrs older.
    I am very happy for you.Are you athlone

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Daisy03

Daisy03 wrote: »
    My uncle got his first dose on 20th in Pairc Ui Chaoimh and is also still waiting on text for his 2nd.

Just an update that 2nd appt has been received and will be 40 days after 1st dose. Pairc Ui Chaoimh Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭airy fairy

Daisy03 wrote: »
    Just an update that 2nd appt has been received and will be 40 days after 1st dose. Pairc Ui Chaoimh Cork.

40 days after the 1st jab seems to be the norm next week in Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

you won't get a call from a landline. I work in a vaccination centre and we only use mobiles. All of these centres are temporary locations, gyms, concert halls, race centres, football stadiums, hotels etc........none of them have landlines the HSE can use to ring people....we are all using mobile phones. If you ignore them they cannot contact you for an appointment, changes or the chance of a cancellation appointment with a window of a few hours before the vaccine expires. They simply move on to the next number.
    (Also we are completely inundated so phones will rarely be answered if you ring back!)

Ah ffs I’ve been dodging spam/unknown numbers last few days and live near 2 MVC’s. I’ll have more reason to be disappointed when I answer now and hear it’s a criminal investigation into tax fraud :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ray7777

40yrs old, west Dublin, it's 24 days now since I registered. Most likely for Citywest. Nothing so far. I called the HSE line, they said they can escalate but said even then no guarantee of when. Seems like if you're lower 40s based in parts of Dublin you're gonna suffer the longest wait. Why they don't stick to their own rules and schedule everyone within the 3 weeks or let us know the progress

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

ray7777 wrote: »
    40yrs old, west Dublin, it's 24 days now since I registered. Most likely for Citywest. Nothing so far. I called the HSE line, they said they can escalate but said even then no guarantee of when. Seems like if you're lower 40s based in parts of Dublin you're gonna suffer the longest wait. Why they don't stick to their own rules and schedule everyone within the 3 weeks or let us know the progress

I'm 41 and husband is 40, neither of us have heard anything either, we're in South Dublin. Dublin must be way behind a lot of other areas judging from this thread, it's frustrating how the resources weren't allocated a bit more evenly.

Advertisement