Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

frink wrote: »
    Registered Monday and got text there for appointment next Wednesday.

Wasn't expecting such a quick turnaround. Bit of a buzz to be honest!

Based in Cork city

Ah guys, ye are killing me!! Where's my text!! Don't tell me I am going to be the next Rebelbrowser :D

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭trihead

mloc123 wrote: »
    What is the status on Citywest, anyone have an accurate wait time or know what age groups they have worked down to?

They are on 44 on average - some 43 have been called but very few.

3 week wait time since registration at the moment.

According to tweet mentioned above - not starting again till next Monday as this week second jab for other cohorts.

So frustrating!! when there are other centres close enough that people are willing to go to eg Punchestown

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

trihead wrote: »
    They are on 44 on average - some 43 have been called but very few.

3 week wait time since registration at the moment.

According to tweet mentioned above - not starting again till next Monday as this week second jab for other cohorts.

So frustrating!! when there are other centres close enough that people are willing to go to eg Punchestown

Yeah, I am in Kildare but it seems maynooth, celbridge and leixlip are being sent to citywest. Punchestown for me is as easy and maybe easier to get to.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭jimosterberg

Yeah, I am in Kildare but it seems maynooth, celbridge and leixlip are being sent to citywest. Punchestown for me is as easy and maybe easier to get to.

Some people in Celbridge who are 42 posted the other day saying they had received appointments for a 1st dose in Punchestown

• Registered Users Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭daheff

there were a number of people from north kildare around 43/44/45 who were due to go to Citiwest which were eventually notified to go to Punchestown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,920 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

42, second az on the 30th, via disability services

Also D15 people were mostly being sent to Citywest, but over the last week or so they're going to the Helix. I'm hoping the new centre at Fairyhouse will take some pressure off too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

GBX wrote: »
    I got a call asking could I get to Citywest in 20 minutes. I live close by but was travelling back from Cork when they called. That was on 13th June. Still awaiting an appointment. Hopefully this week?

On what type of phone number were you contacted? Landline presumably? I have 2 missed calls from mobiles today but with the amount of spam calls lately i’m not inclined to answer/call back!!

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

sunshinew wrote: »
    42, Dublin south, still waiting on appt. 41 year old friend just got called by his GP for next week. All 40-41 year old friends in Wicklow/Galway have got their jabs....not just appts.

Whereabouts in Dublin South are you - which centre are you expecting to be assigned to? Sorry to see you have been waiting awhile.

Super to hear of people down in their 30's getting on with it in other parts of the country like Cork & Gorey & Mayo.

I'm 35 and registered on Monday, but in South Dublin - Dun Laoghaire area. I am guessing people from that area get sent to the Aviva? Does anyone have any info about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

A friend is 50.
    Just got a text for his 2nd pfizer at the Helix on Saturday. 30 days after jab 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Whereabouts in Dublin South are you - which centre are you expecting to be assigned to? Sorry to see you have been waiting awhile.

Super to hear of people down in their 30's getting on with it in other parts of the country like Cork & Gorey & Mayo.

I'm 35 and registered on Monday, but in South Dublin - Dun Laoghaire area. I am guessing people from that area get sent to the Aviva? Does anyone have any info about that?

Not sure how they get assigned, but isn’t there one in UCD which would be closer from Dun Laoghaire?

With regards to Aviva, I think there is a bit of wait for people who are 35. There are people in their early 40s still waiting for a first appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Degag wrote: »
    On what type of phone number were you contacted? Landline presumably? I have 2 missed calls from mobiles today but with the amount of spam calls lately i’m not inclined to answer/call back!!

Exact same here

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭toodelies

I am in D18. Next door neighbours sent to City West. Another friend in D18 sent to the Aviva and saw a few on here sent to UCD so think it can be any of them depending on capacity!

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭ekevosu

Text received: 22nd June
    Appointment: 24th June
    MVC: Punchestown
    Vaccine: Pfizer dose 1

Bit of a trek to punchestown to be honest but I'm happy to go anywhere at this stage. Luckily I have a car to get there. I'm in North Kildare for anyone else in those areas reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭airy fairy

revelman wrote: »
    Pfizer doses were initially spaced to 12 weeks in the U.K. and effective. To be honest, I think people are obsessing too much about having to wait a few days,

Not obsessing at all. Just prefer to have it done and dusted and within a reasonable time frame. If an appointment date was given for 2nd shot, regardless of when in the future, it would dispel a lot of anxiety both in terms of immunity (new variant) and some thinking they've been put off the system due to a glitch.

Text received: Now
    Appointment: 1st July
    MVC: PUC
    Vaccine: Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭aidom

I got a call from Citywest last week and it was an 086 number.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

GBX wrote: »
    I got a call asking could I get to Citywest in 20 minutes. I live close by but was travelling back from Cork when they called. That was on 13th June. Still awaiting an appointment. Hopefully this week?

Text received: Now

Ah great :) I'm 36, in Cork City also, still nothing :(

leahyl wrote: »
    Ah great :) I'm 36, in Cork City also, still nothing :(

That’s for cheating the system :D

• Advertisement

That’s for cheating the system :D

Ah now, don't be mean to your fellow Corkonian :(:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jaffleywaffley

Text received: 23rd June
    Vaccine: Pfizer dose 1

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Will23

called the HSE just now, 21 days since registration on June 2nd... new story is it's 21 days after you should have registered (6th) as i'm 40. will not escalate the case until 21 days from the 6th June. Dublin south. Trying not to let it get to me, but quite frustrating all the same.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Will23 wrote: »
    called the HSE just now, 21 days since registration on June 2nd... new story is it's 21 days after you should have registered (6th) as i'm 40. will not escalate the case until 21 days from the 6th June. Dublin south. Trying not to let it get to me, but quite frustrating all the same.

How? You haven't hit the 21 day metric, your age group was advised that June 6th is the registration date. Just because you registered early doesn't change the fact its not 21 days yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭D. Coughlan

Text received: June 23rd
    Appointment: 2nd July (10 week gap)
    MVC: Cork City Hall
    Vaccine: AZ Shot 2

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Will23

pc7 wrote: »
    How? You haven't hit the 21 day metric, your age group was advised that June 6th is the registration date. Just because you registered early doesn't change the fact its not 21 days yet.

i don't disagree, but on experience of friends and family (and based on this thread) there are only a few locations being held to this metric. i know i have to get over it and i will!

you won't get a call from a landline. I work in a vaccination centre and we only use mobiles. All of these centres are temporary locations, gyms, concert halls, race centres, football stadiums, hotels etc........none of them have landlines the HSE can use to ring people....we are all using mobile phones. If you ignore them they cannot contact you for an appointment, changes or the chance of a cancellation appointment with a window of a few hours before the vaccine expires. They simply move on to the next number.
    (Also we are completely inundated so phones will rarely be answered if you ring back!)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭RedPaddyX

Text received: June 23 (next day)
    Appointment: June 30
    MVC: Pairc hi chaoimh

Pretty impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 11,923 ✭✭✭✭GBX

It was an unknown number. I answered anyway as I was waiting on a call. If it was mobile and unknown to me, I wouldnt answer.

• Advertisement

pc7 wrote: »

To be fair,they don't seem to have any problem with vaccinating people at some mvc's now way younger than the poster

Advertisement