Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

Quick question someone may be able to help with!
    I registered under my marriage name but i haven't actually changed my passport or drivers license into my marriage name!!
    For ID, will explanation be sufficient?
    Also, when it comes to travel, will it also pose a problem?
    I wonder if they could change it to my maiden name in the vaccine centre?

Tried to register again under my maiden name and used a different email address but it's not sending me the confirmation link presumably because it is seeing that the mobile number is used already

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

To be fair,they don't seem to have any problem with vaccinating people at some mvc's now way younger than the poster

It totally depends on the area etc. I have friends early 40's still waiting, it is what it is. Being frustrated because you registered early just seems a waste of frustration to be honest. It's the largest vaccination programme in the history of the State and bar some blips and some anomalies of people falling through the cracks (or cohort 7 people being delayed due to GP's not doing them), its been a massive success with 300k plus now getting jabs be it first or second a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Akabusi

41 years old, I registered on the 5th of June, got called for the 9th but had to cancel it as I was in hospital undergoing a minor procedure that day. I have heard nothing since but my wife who is 38 registered Monday got a text Tuesday and has just been vaccinated today. The MVC is Longford, should, i contact them? I get that I'm put back into the que but to move onto vaccinating the the next grouping is not get another call is very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭revelman

I registered under my marriage name but i haven't actually changed my passport or drivers license into my marriage name!!

Tried to register again under my maiden name and used a different email address but it's not sending me the confirmation link presumably because it is seeing that the mobile number is used already

Just ring the HSE hotline and they will change the name for you. Im pretty sure that they can also do this in the centre itself but I know the HSE hotline works.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Will23 wrote: »
    called the HSE just now, 21 days since registration on June 2nd... new story is it's 21 days after you should have registered (6th) as i'm 40. will not escalate the case until 21 days from the 6th June. Dublin south. Trying not to let it get to me, but quite frustrating all the same.
    It's bull****. They've obviously been told there's a backlog in Dublin but don't tell people that, just find a reason to get them to call back later.

I mentioned in another thread, my wife turns 40 this year and was told by the HSE line that she shouldn't have registered until Sunday just gone and therefore will have to wait 3 weeks from then. It's nonsense.

If you're in Dublin and under 50 I wouldn't waste your time ringing until next week.

• Advertisement

revelman wrote: »
    Just ring the HSE hotline and they will change the name for you. Im pretty sure that they can also do this in the centre itself but I know the HSE hotline works.

Excellent, thank you!
    Stupid thing to do!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Text received: June 23
    Appointment: July 1
    MVC: PUC
    Vaccine: Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

you won't get a call from a landline. I work in a vaccination centre and we only use mobiles. All of these centres are temporary locations, gyms, concert halls, race centres, football stadiums, hotels etc........none of them have landlines the HSE can use to ring people....we are all using mobile phones. If you ignore them they cannot contact you for an appointment, changes or the chance of a cancellation appointment with a window of a few hours before the vaccine expires. They simply move on to the next number.
    (Also we are completely inundated so phones will rarely be answered if you ring back!)

Got another call from an unknown mobile there. Answered it with great hope.

Spam caller again. Bastards!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Degag wrote: »
    Got another call from an unknown mobile there. Answered it with great hope.

Spam caller again. Bastards!

This. Is. The. Department. Of. ....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

radiospan wrote: »

Ah here, surely I'll get text today!! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

Great to hear. So hopefully in the 20 age group by end of July

• Registered Users Posts: 17,739 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

My MIL just got an appointment for her 2nd Aztra, she lives in south county dublin but is being sent to greystones?

Rang HSE, changed it for me no problems!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,604 ✭✭✭billyhead

Aged 40. Living in North County Dublin. Registered on 6th . Haven't heard a dickybird yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

billyhead wrote: »
    Aged 40. Living in North County Dublin. Registered on 6th . Haven't heard a dickybird yet.

What does it say when you log in at https://vaccine3.hse.ie/s/login/ ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭gipi

Age 59
    !st vaccine (Pfizer) Fri 28th May Dundalk
    Just checked portal, 2nd appointment scheduled for Monday 28th June, also Dundalk. Didn't get a text.

I'm not available that day at all so have asked to reschedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,604 ✭✭✭billyhead

What does it say when you log in at https://vaccine3.hse.ie/s/login/ ?

Can't log into the portal. Was meant to be send a reset link to my email and never got it. Farce of a system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭KBurke85

billyhead wrote: »
    Can't log into the portal. Was meant to be send a reset link to my email and never got it. Farce of a system.

Did you check your junk mail it could have diverted to that

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭DSN

Age 48. Just got txt for 2nd dose Moderna, Lmk Racecourse.
    30 days after 1st.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

GBX wrote: »
    I got a call asking could I get to Citywest in 20 minutes. I live close by but was travelling back from Cork when they called. That was on 13th June. Still awaiting an appointment. Hopefully this week?

I would love this call! I live nearby (would be there in 10 mins) and working from home, so would drop everything instantly for a jab right now. But I am still waiting on an appointment (age 40).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭larchielads

Do i need pps number wit me when gettin vaccine? Text says i dont thought i read or someone told me i did need it. Cant remember. Text just says phone photo id and face covering

• Registered Users Posts: 16,098 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Do i need pps number wit me when gettin vaccine? Text says i dont thought i read or someone told me i did need it. Cant remember. Text just says phone photo id and face covering

No they ask mobile phone number , date of birth , address and mothers maiden name

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭moshea

I was asked for my PPSN number, both by the checkin person, who was just confirming that I had it (though offered to write it down for me if i didnt), and then by the nurse who actually used it to find my record on the system.

I was in the Helix.

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    No they ask mobile phone number , date of birth , address and mothers maiden name

Thanks

moshea wrote: »
    I was asked for my PPSN number, both by the checkin person, who was just confirming that I had it (though offered to write it down for me if i didnt), and then by the nurse who actually used it to find my record on the system.

I was in the Helix.
    Physical proof or just asked you and they took note? Im in waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭ittakestwo

36, just got first Vaccine of Pfizer today. Got an unexpected call from GP yesterday to come in today.... delighted, off to Spain for a holiday in the middle of August which now means I wont need PCR tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭airy fairy

Finally husband got appointment for his 2nd Pfizer next week, 1st July.
    It'll be Day 40 in PUC (after 1st, in Cork City Hall).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,771 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

its very confusing the don't specifically say you need your PPS but then suggests alternatives if you don't have one https://www2.hse.ie/screening-and-vaccinations/covid-19-vaccine/get-the-vaccine/going-to-a-vaccination-centre/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

I was asked for mine yesterday in Punchestown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

Received my 2nd Pfizer in Cork City Hall today.

Whole process took 25 mins, no queue outside..inside was eerily quiet.

Advertisement