Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭airy fairy

forestgirl wrote: »
    Its great you have a doctor that will give you the vaccine,there must be an awful lot of vulnerable people not getting vaccine and vulnerable and probably 20yrs older.
    I am very happy for you.Are you athlone

My doctor stopped vaccination clinics once the over 70s were done. He forwarded those in cohorts 4 and 7 to the HSE which ended up being called according to age anyway apart from a few younger people who were only done a few weeks ago.
    Some GPs are openly having lists of those who want a vaccine now, without health issues. €€€€€

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

airy fairy wrote: »
    40 days after the 1st jab seems to be the norm next week in Cork

Of which vaccination?

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

had second yesterday, up in Citiwest, very busy there too.. It was 30 days exactly after my first jab.

Feel knackered this morning and head is banging, assume its the jab as this is what it was like the last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

airy fairy wrote: »
    My doctor stopped vaccination clinics once the over 70s were done. He forwarded those in cohorts 4 and 7 to the HSE which ended up being called according to age anyway apart from a few younger people who were only done a few weeks ago.
    Some GPs are openly having lists of those who want a vaccine now, without health issues. €€€€€
    My GP did similar, he did the over 70,s and a small amount of vulnerable people and then stopped.
    It’s a bit of a pain as the other local GPs are still vaccinating . I am a full time carer and had asked to be kept in mind for an earlier jab but he said I should register with HSE . A lot of my friends and relatives are fully done through different GPs who seem to have plenty of spare vaccines .

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭pedrozeno

miezekatze wrote: »
    I'm 41 and husband is 40, neither of us have heard anything either, we're in South Dublin. Dublin must be way behind a lot of other areas judging from this thread, it's frustrating how the resources weren't allocated a bit more evenly.

Myself and my wife, both 40 and in South Dublin are still awaiting our appointment too.

I should have put down my parents address in Wicklow, as Greystones seem to be flying it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 cryptcrapto

Text received: Thursday, 24th June (today)
    Appointment: Wed, 30th June
    MVC: Cork City Hall
    Vaccine: Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭eimaj18

mioniqa wrote: »
    I got a call from my local MVC from a mobile number. They had leftovers.

Hiya, can I just ask - are you in the age cohorts that are being vaccinated and so, on the list? I live close to a vaccine centre and would be happy to get a last minute phone call but just wondering how it works. Am 39, 40 in two weeks time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Text received: Thursday, 24th June (today) - no text, was on the portal
    Appointment: Tuesday, 29th June
    MVC: Cork City Hall
    Vaccine: Pfizer

Edit: Text received at 11.28!

Good to see some areas flying along.

It seems they haven't provided enough capacity for Dublin. Two and a half times the population of Co. Cork but with one less vaccine centre. I get that Cork is a large county in terms of area but still. Maybe Dublin should have had at least one extra centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Idioteque

ray7777 wrote: »
    40yrs old, west Dublin, it's 24 days now since I registered. Most likely for Citywest. Nothing so far. I called the HSE line, they said they can escalate but said even then no guarantee of when. Seems like if you're lower 40s based in parts of Dublin you're gonna suffer the longest wait. Why they don't stick to their own rules and schedule everyone within the 3 weeks or let us know the progress

In the same boat waiting longer than other cohorts but I guess we're not as at much of a risk in comparison to older ones - looks like Citywest is doing dose 2 of Astra this week for older cohorts so I don't begrudge them that.

Also, if you're 40, the date they allocated for registration was 6th June, so even though you registered early, according to that you're 18 days waiting not 24.

Maybe allowing people to register earlier is just adding to frustration given it apprantly doesn't get you there any sooner. Also, seeing others in lower age-groups getting vaccinated in other parts of the country just adds to the frustration as well as lack of clarity clear/official comms on why the delays.

By all accounts it looks like Citywest will be ramping up for 40's from next week so hopefully most will be sorted soon.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Flying Fox wrote: »
    Good to see some areas flying along.

It seems they haven't provided enough capacity for Dublin. Two and a half times the population of Co. Cork but with one less vaccine centre. I get that Cork is a large county in terms of area but still. Maybe Dublin should have had at least one extra centre.

Would the Dublin capacity centres not be bigger though? I think Helix can do 5k a day, Aviva, City West, Croke Park and UCD? They are all decent sizes I would think? They have to be staffed so I suppose they can only do so many places. Anecdotally my GP is only getting 30 doses every two weeks now they said, (when I was getting my second jab a week ago they said they were doing 180 that day!)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

pc7 wrote: »
    Would the Dublin capacity centres not be bigger though? I think Helix can do 5k a day, Aviva, City West, Croke Park and UCD? They are all decent sizes I would think? They have to be staffed so I suppose they can only do so many places. Anecdotally my GP is only getting 30 doses every two weeks now they said, (when I was getting my second jab a week ago they said they were doing 180 that day!)
    Afaik, the Dublin MVCs were amongst the first and many people in the 50+ categories were brought relatively long distances to get jabbed in Dublin. Probably down to reasons of training and continuity, they're now doing all the AZ second doses in the same place the first ones were administered, while the newer MVCs outside of Dublin are only doing Pfizer/Moderna.

This has led to the Dublin capacity being temporarily consumed by second doses.

I could be totally wrong about that, but this is my guess based on what I've gleaned here and elsewhere online. Next week first doses in Dublin should start rocketing along again.

pc7 wrote: »

The first three are large but Croke Park is under 1,000 a day and as far as I know UCD is about the same.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

seamus wrote: »

This has led to the Dublin capacity being temporarily consumed by second doses.

Helix is doing first doses for 40/41 year olds last few days, I've had 3 friends get sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,125 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Received a text message on Tuesday saying my 2nd appointment was in Citywest this coming Saturday, which would have been 27 days after my first jab, however received a follow up text a few minutes later saying my appointment had been cancelled and I'd be recontacted in the coming 'weeks' re: a new appointment... a tad surprised at that as now It'll clearly be more than 4 weeks between pfizer jabs if I've to wait a few weeks for the 2nd one.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

Registered June 21st.
    Appointment confirmed June 23rd.
    Appointment June 28th City Hall Cork.

I was very surprised at how quickly it went but glad it's finally happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Qrt

The first three are large but Croke Park is under 1,000 a day and as far as I know UCD is about the same.

I find it a bit odd that there’s no MVC in D15, that’s a massive area. Not easy to get from there to the Helix or Citywest either.

Qrt wrote: »
    I find it a bit odd that there’s no MVC in D15, that’s a massive area. Not easy to get from there to the Helix or Citywest either.

As someone living in D15 I fully agree!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭JojoLoca

Any there any 40-43 years old in Dublin still waiting for their first appointment?

I have a 42 year old hubby waiting for 3 weeks now. Called HSE twice already, each time they said it's an automatic system and is making appointments based on your date of registration.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

Qrt wrote: »

True - you'd think they could have got a venue in the IT or Abbotstown maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

The number of individual venues is irrelevant but the capacity of those venues.

I've no clue of the venue sizes, but if each venue in Dublin can do twice the no. of doses than the Cork venues then it evens out.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭toodelies

JojoLoca wrote: »
    Any there any 40-43 years old in Dublin still waiting for their first appointment?

I have a 42 year old hubby waiting for 3 weeks now. Called HSE twice already, each time they said it's an automatic system and is making appointments based on your date of registration.

Still waiting, 41, Dublin south… most people in the 40-44 cohort I know are still waiting. A couple have got vaccinated in the Aviva yesterday and today

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Aquals

Appointment: June 30th
    Venue: Cork City Hall

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

I've no clue of the venue sizes, but if each venue in Dublin can do twice the no. of doses than the Cork venues then it evens out.

Plus Cork are taking people from other counties, aka a large amount of West Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭JojoLoca

toodelies wrote: »
    Still waiting, 41, Dublin south… most people in the 40-44 cohort I know are still waiting. A couple have got vaccinated in the Aviva yesterday and today

Thanks, Avivia is the closest to us, but he will go to any other centre if needed. I hope the next round of appointments for this age group will be done in the next couple of days.

In Cork, City Hall and PUC each have capacity of 3k per day. The other four centres are smaller, so it's probably fair to estimate about 1k each. That's 10k per day for Cork overall.

In Dublin, The Helix and Citywest can do 5k per day each, Aviva 3k and Croker and UCD 1k each. That's 15k for Dublin overall.

So from my rough calculations here, Dublin has 2.5 times the population of Cork but only 1.5 times the vaccine capacity. Add in the previous issues with neighbouring counties Louth and Meath being underserved, and it's no wonder Dublin is so far behind. Seems to me this could have been planned out a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭revelman

Re Dublin being slower, there are two other issues in the mix.

The average age of the population is lower in Dublin than in other parts of the country. Many young people move to Dublin for work. So there are more people to get through in Dublin who are under 50 years of age.

Second, in rural areas, many GPs have been vaccinating all of their patients, no matter what their age. Anecdotally, this is not happening to the same extent in urban areas. So in many rural areas, a significant proportion of young people will all ready have been vaccinated. This means MVCs in rural areas are working though the ages quicker.

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Plus Cork are taking people from other counties, aka a large amount of West Waterford.

Dublin is doing that too. The Helix had to clear the Louth/Meath backlog, and up until very recently people in north Kildare were being sent to Citywest.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭buzsywuzsy

Husband
    Text received: 24th June
    Appointment: 27th June
    MVC: Athlone IT
    Vaccine: Moderna

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭questionmark?

What's people's guess on opening 30-34. End of next week based on how some of the 35-39 are getting flown through at the moment (discounting dublin areas reported here).

Advertisement