Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXV-956,720 ROI (5,952 deaths) 452,946 NI (3,002 deaths) (08/01) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,852 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Ficheall wrote: »
    Aye, they'd set up outside our house for an hour every once in a while - never saw anyone being turned around, mind you. Can't recall anyone on boards saying that been turned around either, afaicr? - seems like the type of thing that would surely have been mentioned.

Maybe at that stage people were just saying they were going to a grave.

For some bizarre reason the “follow the science” crew decided that was a perfectly legit reason to go travel around the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Back in April, over 20000 people had been fined.
    Fair enough then - I will concede that there were disincentives to some inter-county travel. Apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Back in April, over 20000 people had been fined.

Its beyond pathetic, people using the "But they weren't really enforced excuse".
    Some people will go to any lengths to defend being restricted and baying for more of it.

I see a friend of mine has just tweeted that he rang three pharmacies about the J&J rollout, saying that the pharmacies only found out about it from people ringing them to enquire... Hopefully not true, but would not be wholly surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

the kelt wrote: »
    Jaysus i cant unsee that now.

Bishop Brennan and the new Czar of Ireland Tony H, theyre definitely related, in everything the more ye think about the role Bishop Brennan played (dont dare question me)

?s=fatherted&e=S03E06&i=S03E06-J4xioBhi&t1=DON%27T%20CALL%20ME%20TONY,%20YOU%20LITTLE%20PRICK!&t2=I%27M%20THE%20CHIEF%20MEDICAL%20OFFICER!

• Advertisement

robbiezero wrote: »
    Its beyond pathetic, people using the "But they weren't really enforced excuse".
    Some people will go to any lengths to defend being restricted and baying for more of it.
    Devastated to hear your opinion of me is low, dearest internet stranger.
    Some other people will go to any lengths to bray about how oppressed they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Ficheall wrote: »
    I see a friend of mine has just tweeted that he rang three pharmacies about the J&J rollout, saying that the pharmacies only found out about it from people ringing them to enquire... Hopefully not true, but would not be wholly surprising.
    It's hot off the presses so how would they know? It wasn't known here until a couple of hours ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

is_that_so wrote: »
    It's hot off the presses so how would they know? It wasn't known here until a couple of hours ago!

You would think pharmacies would be briefed before it came to national attention . Another gaffe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

I find it incredible that anyone would think that. THere was checkpoints all over the roads. All data shows that we were locked down longer than anywhere else.

I'd have to wonder what some would consider strict enough.

Even if everyone's doors and windows were bolted shut there'd be people on here saying it wasn't strict enough.

Klonker wrote: »
    Even if everyone's doors and windows were bolted shut there'd be people on here saying it wasn't strict enough.
    No, I think people would agree those actually were very severe restrictions. As opposed to "you have to eat _outside_ the pub, or prove you're not going to infect anyone else, and you can't go to the hairdresser".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

NPHET out giving interviews to the media:

1. Dr Tony is concerned & wouldn’t rule out more restrictions & lockdowns.
    2. Cillian DeGascun tried to claim on Claire Byrne - a less deadly more transmissible version of Covid which we now have in Delta is somehow worse than a more the original virus in which we had indoor dining with last summer & no vaccines.

Where is our exit strategy? Why on earth would NPHET be threatening schools as soon as they’re closed when there was no issue with them being open since March. Children are not severely affected by Covid & teachers will be vaccinated.

More thinly veiled threats & trying to crank up the fear.

What’s disappointing is the general IQ of our population and people who actually swallow this.

The North is on our island & doing a completely different strategy, so is the U.K. So is mainland Europe & also the US which we now have comparable vaccine numbers to.

Our Government have failed the citizens - they have failed to halt our devastating cycle of closures, lockdowns & threats of more. This is going to devastate our economy & way of life. We need Paschal D out now talking about tax increases, austerity, debt levels, IMF visits, corporate tax harmonisation effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

Delta having absolutely no real effect on UK hospitalization numbers. This is all but over.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1190335/covid-19-daily-hospitalizations-in-the-uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭crossman47

zackory wrote: »
    Nobody is denying there is a risk, but a lot of people are incapable of learning to quantify this risk.

How about this for an idea. Open indoor hospitality. Educate people on the risk of unvaccinated people using these.

Introduce a voluntary code of asking unvaccinated to continue eating and drinking outside.

It's called being mature, grown up and adult about it.

I guarantee the majority will comply and the risk will mitigate substantially.

I would have no confidence that a voluntary code would work.

You would think pharmacies would be briefed before it came to national attention . Another gaffe
    Not really, the media were leaking this anyway. There was always going to be a time lag while official approval was confirmed and the HSE sorted out logistics. Realistically Monday next is the earliest it could have happened anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,537 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

24 hours now since my first vaccine and i'm feeling great no side effect at all as of yet ,

Although i do all of a sudden seem to have 5G signal on my phone.....joke

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

is_that_so wrote: »
    Not really, the media were leaking this anyway. There was always going to be a time lag while official approval was confirmed and the HSE sorted out logistics. Realistically Monday next is the earliest it could have happened anyway.

So you don't think the Health Minister should brief pharmacies before announcing it on national radio ?

Seems crazy to me .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭crossman47

So you don't think the Health Minister should brief pharmacies before announcing it on national radio ?

Seems crazy to me .

It would have been in the media the very minute he started to brief them.

Seems crazy to me .
    Announcing something just means it's happening. Pharmacies will get those details from the HSE.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭OwenM

As much as I dislike Donnelly, this isn't really a gaffe - you can't inform a couple of thousand pharmacies of this news in advance because it will leak in seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭Nermal

JP100 wrote: »
    The best thing they could do is just announce the income tax increases now instead of later.

How pleasant it would be if the burden could be placed exclusively and entirely on those who supported this madness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

TefalBrain wrote: »
    Delta having absolutely no real effect on UK hospitalization numbers. This is all but over.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1190335/covid-19-daily-hospitalizations-in-the-uk/
    Hospital numbers in the UK have doubled in a month.

It's considerably more suppressed than previously, but to say "no real effect" is not correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,815 ✭✭✭timmyntc

OwenM wrote: »
    As much as I dislike Donnelly, this isn't really a gaffe - you can't inform a couple of thousand pharmacies of this news in advance because it will leak in seconds.

The pharmacies haven't even agreed to it yet - you don't announce on National broadcaster about a deal, when said deal hasn't even been ratified

The banks overcharged the public and then took them off their trackers which was criminal, and still they fought paying it back tooth and nail.
    The HSE and simon harris knew they did huge damage with womens lives and still they fought tooth and nail to keep it out of the public domain and tried but failed to secure gagging orders on victims.. They did the same with Pandermix, currently going through the courts, they were seen this year obtaining information illegally on children..it goes on as long as it goes deep.

These folks are all cut from the same cloth. As it has HEATLH in the acronym, folks think that they care, they don't..it's a business model, like the yanks and like the banks should be there slogan. add in a trough full of feckwit political snouts and what do you expect.

timmyntc wrote: »
    The pharmacies haven't even agreed to it yet - you don't announce on National broadcaster about a deal, when said deal hasn't even been ratified
    https://www.rte.ie/news/primetime/2021/0628/1231859-pharmacies-ipu-vaccines-johnson-and-johnson/

I appreciate that some pharmacies feel a bit caught out, but that's more to do with people clamouring for appointments than anything else. We've been talking about this all week.

As mentioned above, there really isn't any scope to give this information to all pharmacies at once; they're independent businesses, you can't gather them all into a room to make the announcement.

Once you talk to the IPU and they send an email to all their members, it'll be in the media five minutes later and people ringing up their pharmacist to book an appointment before they've even opened the email.

Annoying as it is for some pharmacies, a national announcement is really the only way this could be done to avoid mass confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭muddypuppy

I've seen so many graphs cut at april/may 2021 so that the very small increase right now looks horrible...

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Lyle

If you have a look at it in the graph form, it's by no means at all exponential growth to match the case explosion, but there is a visible change from 8 weeks ago in daily admissions. If it gets any worse it's going to spook our lot quite badly.

20210702-121040.jpg

EDIT: Does anyone actually know what our daily admission rate is here at the moment? Or is that data lost to the attack?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,537 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Lyle wrote: »
    If you have a look at it in the graph form, it's by no means at all exponential growth to match the case explosion, but there is a visible change from 8 weeks ago in daily admissions. If it gets any worse it's going to spook our lot quite badly.

20210702-121040.jpg

EDIT: Does anyone actually know what our daily admission rate is here at the moment? Or is that data lost to the attack?

Number of cases doesn't matter anymore
    All that matter is people going to hospital,

Reporting cases is like reporting how many people have a sniffle ,

8 members of my family where confirmed cases at Christmas and there wasn't as much as a single cough among them ,That was ranging form from 11 months to 74 year old

Number of cases doesn't matter anymore
    All that matter is people going to hospital,
    The graph he posted is people going to hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,759 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

timmyntc wrote: »

I'm not following this thing about the pharmacies not knowing/not having signed up.

Am I misinterpreting this on HSE website - it's been there for a few days?

Find a pharmacy giving the Janssen COVID-19 vaccine

Many pharmacies are now offering the Janssen single-dose COVID-19 vaccine to people aged 18 to 34 and 50 or over. Find a pharmacy to book your vaccine appointment.

https://www2.hse.ie/Apps/Services/PharmaciesServiceList.aspx

Is it that they are talking about 35-50 age group?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,072 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Lyle wrote: »

Very low. Average around 6 or 7 per day for the last month with similar number of discharges.

https://covid19ireland-geohive.hub.arcgis.com/pages/hospitals-icu--testing

Advertisement