Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,849 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Neighbouring farmer demolishing trees and hedgerows just to get what, 3 feet more land? Fcuking needless greed in a climate crisis.

Ugh

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 24,884 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

People who ring you around 13.00-14.15.... the vast majority of people are preparing lunch or sitting down, eating lunch at this time so can it wait ? can they not just WhatsApp asking to call them when I’m done...

“ hi Strumms, when you get get finished with lunch can you give us a shout about xyzzz...”

• Registered Users Posts: 40,211 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I made a terrible mistake at the weekend. Instead of buying soft ice cream Cornettos I bought the regular kind. they just aren't the same.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I took a days annual leave today but forgot to disable my alarm clock so was woken up at 5:30am anyway

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That's the worst, Pawwed Rig, commiseration.

My TA is that eeeeverything web-related is crawling, despite having very decent speed. What gives? Boards crawls and doesn't load its pages properly, Lidl is all out of focus, RTÉ won't let me watch the news... come on!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,464 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Muppets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

There's a really good friend of mine who always tends to ring me at the most random times during the day when I'm bang in the middle of work. He feels put out then if I'm too busy to answer him. My Dad also does this, often ringing at the worst possible time and asking me to order something online for him 😅

Anyway this morning's rant is about the revolving door at the entrance to my place of work. It regularly goes out of order and it goes into an abrupt, shuddering halt if you move too close to the sensors with a "PLEASE STAND BACK FROM THE DOOR" automated message. I always use my swipe card to get in via a smaller door beside it so that I can avoid using it.

Post edited by Sgt Hartman on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

"If you have any other queries or concerns, please feel free to contact us again/shove them up your hole, you whiny bollox"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,517 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That Bob Dylan has been caught up in a child sex claim. Please NO ,not Bob !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,884 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Sounds weird, she’s suing him now, 56 years after the alleged crime happened ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

She was waiting for him to make a few pound first

• Registered Users Posts: 6,071 ✭✭✭Be right back

The people parked up at a petrol pump while eating their lunch and plenty of free spaces and benches in the petrol station.

Jesus christ it's just turning into one of those days. Do you not think if you've agreed something with someone, you'd need to let me, the person who does all the work, know about it? Thanks colleague for making me look like an idiot in front of a customer. There's not enough rolly eye emojis in the world to properly convey how I feel about this woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,099 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

The absolute disgrace of the passport backlog . People waiting to see family and no passports to travel because of the sheer incompetence shown by the passport office

• Registered Users Posts: 13,419 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

When the last person to use it doesn't squeeze out the dish sponge so when you pick it up, it trails water all over the place.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I actually went into a garage one day and asked politely, if whoever owned a car parked / abandoned at a pump could please move it. She was inside sitting down having lunch. 🙄

There was a huge fuel tanker trying to get in, onto a busy forecourt, and I was trying to get out. She stood up, verrrrrry slowly and said 'no problem' in really sarcastic tones.

I went back out, the fuel tanker driver had managed to move, so I was able to get out. She still hadn't appeared by the time I left. Selfish, inconsiderate bitch.

I had a very similar experience with a prison service van and three staff members having a leisurely lunch in the Circle K at Citywest. Not one fcuk was given between the three of them when I politely said it to them. Dickheads.

Split the arse on me jeans getting off the bike today.

Of course, I pulled me jeans up and me coat down, locked me bike, and went in to the shops regardless. That is the heroic part.

What irritates me is the injustice of it all. It's not a long journey, like. Those jeans could have held out til I got back to the house and then split away as much as they wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I emailed the NDLS two weeks ago looking for a Driver Statement, which is a record of penalty points on your licence. In the email I specifically referred to a “Driver Statement” and provided all the information they need (name, DOB, PPSN, driver number from licence.

Two weeks later I get a reply, informing me that the document I’m looking for is a “Driver Statement”, that they’ve generated it, but that it can either be sent by email or post, and I have to tell them which one.

Why the fook are they telling me the name of the document I asked for by name, and why the fook didn’t they just email it to me instead of creating this unnecessary rigamarole?

• Advertisement

You may be looking at this wrong. They do it because they don't want to be sitting around all day doing nothing and because doing useless sh1t is an underappreciated form of productivity.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,849 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Those Irish "stranded abroad" articles beloved of local rags. Where do they find these attention seekers?

Whining about missing pints and their mammy's cooking. Nobody cares.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

My anxious mind actively looking for potential hazards in the house just before I was due to walk out the door this morning.

A Home Insurance ad that popped up on my phone earlier showing some fella asking people what would they fear losing most of their house flooded along to some jolly music. "My hair straightener" answers the first woman 🙄 It's a bit of an insult to those who have had their homes destroyed in flooding incidents.

Yet ANOTHER home/house related show on RTE yesterday eve called Goodbye House. RTE just loves showing these types of programmes lately, especially in the middle of a housing crisis.

And lastly, Tabloid newspaper websites. If the screen engulfing cookies consent message doesn't clog up your phone the pop up ads and clickbait articles will.

Ahh it's nice to get all that off my chest 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Couriers that just leave a parcel at the door

Like a fool, I pruned my tomato plants while wearing white tracksuit bottoms (straight out of the wash, of course). You can imagine how that ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭AxleAddict

TA'ed by 'two-for-one' offers rather than just offering the item at half price. I'll decide if I want two (or more) thankyouverymuch!

Geez. They are piling up.

I cracked two eggs into a bowl to make an omelette this morning. All good. Cracked a third and this watery black mess fell into the bowl. Egg was rotten and the smell? Indescribable... but a lot like rotten eggs, I suppose :D (I had never actually encountered a rotten egg before, not in all its glory).

Other eggs ruined. Omelette abandoned. Sinuses still recovering.

Thinking of having an exorcism performed on the bin and moving house.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,211 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

the incompetence of others is causing me so much anxiety I have a pain in my chest

Had a blood test this morning. Have had a headache ever since. Bleh. Also the doctor has asked for a urine sample to test my kidney function. I've never had any indication of issues with my kidneys before so not sure why this is required all of a sudden. Is this what happens when you're old? Just random tests for no apparent reason? I don't think I've had to give a urine sample in close to 20 years.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

At least your GP is doing prevention... there are others who only test you if you've active symptoms, by which time it could be too late.

Advertisement