Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,972 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Attacked by a bee at the outdoors dining area at a pub earlier for a good 5 minutes it just kept hovering around us and our food and we couldn’t seem to swat or kill the nimble annoying fûck, then attacked by another one 10 minutes ago in my kitchen as I was grabbing a coke... thankfully stung neither time but jeez, whoever invented bees and wasps was an evil fûckwit...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

My designated spider catcher failed in his duties last night and only managed to slap the spider off the wall so it could scurry under the skirting board in the ensuite. So that's out of bounds for me now for at least a week.

Boards saying my gif is one character short no matter what gif I use where giphy was fine before. Another glitch maybe or is it thread specific? 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 13,103 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

No, the new site seems to need at least 2 gifs for a post to be valid.

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You've to type three extra characters in the post, e.g. ... but for some reason <3 <3 <3 (which is 6 characters!) won't work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,115 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Why do we indulge so many people in the 'entertainment' industry? In the pub earlier, and there was this fella who is a musician hoping to get back gigging. But he is so up his own hole- about 50, wearing a bowler hat into the pub, band t-shirt on and basically thinking he is still in his 20s. I heard him play before and he is an aquired taste. Surprisingly enough, he hasn't an actual job.

And there are so many of his ilk in that field that think because they can do a killer version of 'INSERT CLASSIC TUNE HERE' that they are musicians. They need a dose of reality.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,334 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I keep getting clips of Derry Girls in my Facebook feed. How could anyone listen to a whole programme?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,938 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Rock stackers.

You hike out into what you would hope is wilderness untouched by man only to find some numpty stacked up rocks for their pretensious Instagram pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,717 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

• Registered Users Posts: 15,938 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Apart from it being stupid new age bullshyte, a lot of critters hide and live under them so making a stack out of them kind of deprives them of shelter. You could disturb nest sites of ground nesting birds building your stupid connecting with nature rock pile too.

I've seen idiots having taken stones off archeological sites to create mini piles and spell out their dumb names.

Take photos, leave only footprints...leave no trace, something we as a nation are really poor at.

• Advertisement

Dion Dublin. He annoys the sh!te out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

siunds like she’s trying to get ye to move out, possibly so the darling brother might stay there and not be tempted to go again, if that’s his intention.

The smoking TA reminded me of my neighbour. I quit snoking 4 months ago after 13 years. I’ve been out loads and enjoy the smell of it but luckily I’ve not really been tempted.

But I hate the smell of weed and my neighbour smokes it everyday morning to night and it goes straight in my bedroom window on the ground floor. He has this awful bark of a cough too and I’m fairly sure he’s only early twenties. Really TAs me, the stank from the weed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

People retelling or resharing old jokes on Twitter first, and now on TikTok and then using Whatsapp or signal.. 🤬

I'm not on either twitter or tiktok, but get sent old old jokes from people in groups by people on either twitter or tiktok pretending or implyng that it's their original material, or else the send a clip of an old comedy show with

"TRY TO WATCH THIS WITHOUT LAUGHING 🤣😂🤣"

or some other similar crap title.

Or when they rob a joke that was original 2 months ago and went viral, they slightly reword it and pretend it was theirs... as they think they are the only people who saw it when it went viral the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

A young smoker at the bus stop in the mornings who couldn't be more than in his early 20s. Once he finishes one smoke he immediately lights up another. That's a worrying sign in someone that young. A lad I went to school with died at 34 from lung cancer and this fella is heading in the same direction if he doesn't get a grip.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I need 3 x C size batteries, not really a commonly used size but Tesco usually have them.

After much searching of the battery shelf I found two...Grrrr...I'd nearly prefer I found none 😃

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Nepotism

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭honeyjo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Agree. Worked in a place where I had to train up the owner's thick son. He's still there, I'm long gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Door-to-door salespeople and charity signer-uppers calling in during the day. I'm working, fcuk off.

Actually, calling in any time but it particularly annoys me during working hours because they know full well loads of people are still working from home.

I don't know why I bother answering the door but I'm always just paranoid it'll be a neighbour stuck for something or some other genuine caller so like a sap, I always answer.

What pisses me off even more is that my housemate commandeered the box room as her office so because I'm downstairs I'm ALWAYS the one stuck trying to get rid of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Feels more than trivial but take-the-piss colleagues, this evening one will be late, hadn't the courtesy to text me, apparently it's a given.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,334 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I would love to get this but I think you would be considered somewhat of a crank with this on your front door

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

What about getting a bear trap, Pawwed Rig? That should be self-explanatory for any unwanted caller, but just to make it even clearer you could set it, have an arrow that points to it, and a sign that reads, "Please, do step inside".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

First time back at the cinema since early 2020 last night. We had:

• People not wearing masks in the foyer areas
    • Literally every other person in the screen with us showed up late. We got all excited when we thought we'd have the cinema to ourselves.
    • A group of clearly not 15 year olds right at the back row (went to see suicide squad which is rated 15 in NI)
    • The lads took it in turns to go to the bathroom in the middle of the show, which cast massive shadows on the screen - poor design of the cinema seating
    • The seats either side of us were blocked off by the cinema when we booked our seats but not the seats in front of or behind us - because we know that Covid doesn't work in 3 dimensions and can only move horizontally.
    • A girl in the group beside us talked insistently the whole way through. Loud enough for us to hear her going 'oh my god this is my favourite part!'.
    • One group behind us insisted on taking photos during the movie. With the flash turned on. So much so that after the 4th or 5th time my friend turned around and asked them to stop.
    • But taking the absolute biscuit are the other group behind us who brought A BABY to the show. Literally no more than a year old. Who fussed and whinged and cried during the entire movie. What selfish cnuts.

I love the cinema, but I think I might be done with it after that sh1tshow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

YouTube has become almost unwatchable lately. I don't remember it being this bad with stoppages and forced advertisements.

That when I was booking Monday off I didn't book Tuesday aswell. 😩😩

The covid threads. Just popped in to have a ganders at one there and swiftly left again. It's just a vent chamber for people losing their sh!t about covid.

There's a fair amount of people losing their sh!t about other people not losing their sh!t like them. 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 5,838 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

The covid threads have been toxic since the start!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,838 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

People thinking requests don't apply to them.

School requested only one parent per family to bring child to school.

About 50:50 divide on one parent and both parents......then the ones that had both parents some had grandparents, both sets, some had older teenage siblings......oh ok it's a family day out for you!

School asked not to bring dogs onto grounds.....ffs tying them to the narrow one person gate for every child (causing distress in some children who are already overwhelmed) to walk past them is not what the school had in mind.

Ok you want to cycle but for the love of Jesus will you park the shaggin bike at the bike railings and not bring it into the already overflowing school yard.....

between buggies (can't be helped) extra parents/grandparents (totally avoidable) dogs (no matter how friendly they are I don't think they should be around groups of unknown children), keeping social distancing (impossible) the whole thing is so overwhelming for young children starting school, which is why the school asked you not to do it you feckin numpties!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement