Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,376 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I'm suffering badly from ballitch due to the hot weather. 2 showers a day doesn't come close to easing it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Those passive aggressive, guilt tripping donation request messages have appeared on Wikipedia again.

Also the so-called "voluntary" contribution requested by schools from parents. It's basically the school saying "you don't have to give the money but we very strongly insist that you do". Just stop the insincere passive aggressive bullshit and just impose a fixed yearly school fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,528 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I’m sure I mentioned this recently on another thread, CJ, but Lush’s ‘Silky Underwear Dusting Powder’ works wonders for ball itch and “ire”.

The tide is turning…

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

• Registered Users Posts: 8,575 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Left a pile of clothes on the bed this morning and said "ill put them away in a few minutes". 12 hours later I go to jump into bed and of course there's a massive pile of clothes on bed that I forgot about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Worse is when you change the bed ....leave mattress/ duvet to air.....rock up hours later, bone tired and no shaggin sheets on the bed

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I was looking for a mention of someone's birthday among my text messages (android 10, google text app - I should've known better, I know). Not only did that word "birthday" not come up, but whole threads of messages started disappearing, then some of my contacts, too. They disappeared in front of my eyes. Either I've a virus, or some of the phone settings have gone wonky. Or it's something to do with the permissions the phone has that I can't block (e.g., and I'm sure I've mentioned it before, why should my calendar have access to the body sensors and be able to connect to the internet or make calls without my permission?). They're not archived, by the way. If anyone has any suggestions, please do let me know. Now I'm off to the web to see if I can find a way of retrieving them. I'm so pissed off!! 🤬😡🤬🤬🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

[b]Ellen's Game of Games[/b] - omfjaysus, how much drugs is that studio on? All the arm-flailing, screechy-screaming, hands-to-faceness. I get that the audience should be engaged but faaaaaack it's [i]insufferable[/i]. Pity, 'cos the games themselves are good for a giggle.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

It takes on average 60 days for users to get accustomed to a revamped website. Been there a number of times. Threats of burning the office down followed later by "actually, I overreacted a bit, I quite like the new layout". People are generally averse to change/insecurity/having to invest time and effort into learning something new.

But wow, yeah. There's people whose only life is boards.ie and whatever they don't like and/or agree with, has to be made known in the most vociferous manner.

It is what it's.

A stingy eye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I've said this before, but stopping way back from the line at a red light.

On my way back from Nexttownover yesterday I saw a woman in a van stopped almost a car length back from the line, waiting to turn right. Sadly for her, and the three vehicles behind her, there's a sensor in the road and the light won't go green unless there's a vehicle over it. I wonder how long she was there, and/or if she ever figured it out...

Quick poll - how should we solve this issue?

A : Put a sign next to the lights informing people "The light won't go green unless your dumbass stops above the sensor at the line."

B : Give in to the dumbasses and put a second sensor further back.

I suspect B would work better....

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭honeyjo

I've a very generous eye I'll have you know.... 👀😆

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I have seen people get out of their cars to go up and tell the drivers to move forward. Dopes.

My TA is the amount of drivers who don't stop before the ASL and block a crossing or other traffic.

Also a TA of mine is that inflicting violence is frowned upon when someone does a dangerous manoeuvre in a car

• Registered Users Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Bit more than trivial, but I'm pretty sure people who live in my estate have moved out and left their cat in the house. I've been keeping an eye on the house for the past week or so while I walk my dog. Haven't seen a car outside the entire time, downstairs windows are taped over with plastic bags but the one in the kitchen is all shredded at the bottom and the cat is sitting on the windowsill looking out more often than not. Going to have to call to the door and possibly both next doors too and see what's going on.

I think I've yawned a thousand times today. 😴😴😴

An update: I went around there a while ago and the cat was in the window again but still no other sign of life. Knocked on next door on the left and they didn’t bother their hoop answering, even though they literally walked right past the front door and up the stairs while I was standing there. Tried the other side and a lovely woman answered. Said the family that had been there for years moved out a month or two ago and two girls have moved in. They don’t have a car, hence there’s never anything parked outside and she said she’s not sure what’s going on with the plastic over all the downstairs windows. But anyway, all’s well that ends well.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Anyone else get annoyed with trying to separate coffee filters?

Same with stickers when they don't have a cuts in the backing for easy peeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭honeyjo

TA by a work colleague who every time I ask him for help (he works on a help desk) the reply is I don't deal with that or I don't know or I'm not getting involved in that. How he got the job I haven't a clue . Grrr

The smell of lilac. And it's growing like triffids everywhere around here at the moment.

• Advertisement

It's wet, hot, sticky and durrrty..... I'm talking about the weather. 🙊🌦️🌦️🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭Be right back

Have been in the same job for nearly 10 years. It's really annoying when someone just in the door tries to tell me how to do certain aspects of my job!🙄

That all the trees on the right side have been cut down. More than TA.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭Archeron

I got a takeaway Caesar salad and when I got home, realized they put rocket in instead of the crunchy cos stuff. Rocket is grown under Satan's toenails and is not a food.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That's downright criminal and heartbreaking, too. During nesting season, as well. I hate people.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,812 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

People who go to supermarkets to browse, look at stuff and chat and clog up aisles and access to shelving / products...

i have a list, I go, I choose, I buy and get the fûck out of there...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,812 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

From experience they do their training, get shown the right way to do it... all enthusiastic, can’t make head nor tail as to why their new (old) colleagues might be tempted or forced to be taking a different method to achieve the desired results...find themselves in a team of 6 people, should be 9 or 10 and they realize very quickly that if the employer doesn’t put much importance on them being adequately staffed and supported, they are not going to give too much of a shît as to the methodology and best practices as relates to delivering the same results. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,575 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

There's a specsavers ad with thin lizzys dancing in the moonlight in it, everytime I hear it on the radio I think the station is playing the song then I get disappointed when it's only the ad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

PsychoPete just wondering, do you know PsychoPaul from BBC3's Ideal?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Advertisement