Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

• Registered Users Posts: 6,071 ✭✭✭Be right back

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭stopthevoting

The use of "12 pm" and "12 am" instead of 12 noon and 12 midnight; such as this example on the RTE website "The closing ceremony begins on Sunday at 12pm Irish time". In this case I just happen to know it refers to noon, but in many other instances there would be no way of knowing the intended meaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

My weight. It varies so much during the year that I have clothes in three sizes. The joys of middle age.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,419 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The fact that Lidl have started practically vacuum packing their pitta breads. They're so compressed it's basically impossible to find the pocket now. Mangled pretty much an entire packet the other day trying to open just one enough to fill it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Mod: You're welcome, Crowded House. 😁😎

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

TA disappearing posts 😃

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

TA at people who are never happy. 😋

• Registered Users Posts: 13,419 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Christ on a bike, why do pre-teens feel the need to scream so much??? It sounds like a pig abattoir on the green near my house most evenings. And the lads are way worse than the girls, ime. Just shut up!

I ordered a hardback from Book Depository, it was advertised as being a signed collector's edition, and was obviously dearer than the normal version. I got it this morning - not only is it not signed, but the spine also shows signs of damage. I've already written to them, let's see what they come back with, but I'm not a happy bunny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,089 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

How come every time I am caught short in the middle of a walk on a nature trail, with seemingly not another walker in sight, as soon as I chance going for a pee in the woods, people always appear out of nowhere (usually with a kid or two in tow too)?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Went to bed early yesterday eve with the intention of getting a good night's sleep but instead ended up watching anime on Netflix until 11.30pm. I'm like a zombie this morning as a result 😴 I also woke up with a tiny but painful blister on my tongue.

Also I'm having to get the 6am bus these mornings. This is because there are far too many people at the stop for the 6.20am one meaning there's a bigger chance that I wouldn't be allowed on the bus if it's full. The 101X bus at 6am takes a big chunk of the passengers at my stop so there's always plenty of space at 6am on the regular 101 bus for me to grab a seat. Still though I'm losing out on 20 extra minutes in bed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Goodigal

Drivers who wait til the very, very end of the on-ramp joining a motorway to actually get onto the motorway TA me. I know they're perfectly entitled to do so, but when I see someone tip along til the very end even when the inside lane is free (cos I have moved out for you!), it really irritates me. It really shouldn't, but it does!!

I feel peculiar.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Gary Scrod

At least they aren't catching you doing a poo.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,849 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

More than a TA, the fact that I have to 'plan' a pee or a poo around urban areas with the lack of public toilets, esp after many places close in the evening. It's an absolute disgrace in a rich, first world country. I was in an urban public with no cover and had to resort to peeing in a bottle in the back of a van and discreetly disposing of the contents afterwards. The one nearby pub where there might have been a toilet was predictably closed. Can't even have portaloos or permanent public toilets as the usual suspects would wreck them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I could've written this post. I think I even said to Mr Molly yesterday evening that it sounded like the children in the road were being murdered. They just scream CONSTANTLY.

EEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEENAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

EMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

• Registered Users Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Yes?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

I'm sure ye were extremely quiet children yerselves once upon a time that didn't make too much noise for fear of upsetting the dear adults 😜😆

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

When your cutting some bread and the slice of bread decides to break into about 12 different pieces

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭honeyjo

Same problem in my estate but the kids just emit ear piercing screams.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,849 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Being an only child in the arse end of nowhere I think my parents would have me committed for screaming randomly about the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I'm getting married next year, and my sister-in-law to be is known to be very stringent on correct terms for things, often to the point of it being really annoying.

I got a birthday card from her last week, and in the birthday card along with all the usual niceties, it said "only another year til you're [son's] uncle in law!"

Seriously? Uncle In Law? Can't you just use the term "Uncle"? Who even uses that term in casual conversation?

I'm TA at the idea that after next year she's gonna start introducing me to people by saying "this is Dave, this is [son's] uncle in law"...

Just makes me feel a bit left out despite the fact I've been in that child's life a lot since he was born and I've been in this particular family since 2012. It'll be our ten year anniversary next year and I'm always around, yet because I'm not married, I'm still the extra bit hanging on.

"Uncle In Law" for ****'s sake......... I had to look it up to see if it was even in use and it says it's "nonstandard" which basically means it doesn't (or very seldom) get used.

Honest to god, like..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Went to make a steak sandwich from some steak I'd cooked yesterday for my lunch today. Wanted to melt a slice of cheese on top.

Decided to try to melt it in the air fryer (coz I'm in my mobile home and the gas grill isn't the best), so I fired it up and put in a slice of bread, with the steak on it an a slice of cheese on top. Let it do it's thing for a minute, and then opened the fryer up to find the steak sitting bare on the bread, with no sign of the cheese. On closer inspection, I find a liquid pool of cheese under the air fryer's plate. Turns out the fan from the fryer blew the slice of cheese off like a hurricane as soon as I closed it up.

TAd that I have to contend with aerodynamics and fluid mechanics when making a simple sandwich.

Post edited by Gregor Samsa on

• Registered Users Posts: 11,089 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Could hear kids fecking around downstairs in work earlier and then a bit of a commotion when the alarm in the lift started going off. Went down to investigate (I was caught up serving other visitors) to discover that two of them had managed to trap themselves inside the damn lift.

My attempts to reset the system via the safety switch didn't work, and I could see that one of the two kids was getting increasingly agitated. Rang security when that didn't work, and they eventually managed to prise them free with a special key that unlocks it from the outside. All in all, about a fifteen minute ordeal all told.

But the TA is that the auntie of the kid that was getting a bit agitated made things more difficult when we were keeping our composure to fix the problem. She was demanding WHY THE TECHNICIAN HASN'T ARRIVED YET and HOW COULD WE LET THIS HAPPEN. She was googling the number of the local fire station despite us telling her that the emergency key was on the way. Did she thank us after we managed to free the kids? Did she feck. I sense a complaint coming- even though there is a sign on the door that states no unsupervised children are allowed in the lift at any time, she essentially allowed them run amok unsupervised while she shopped or whatever, and it turns out the kids accidentally locked themselves in by pressing the emergency button (technician confirmed there was no issue with the lift)- so we are entirely blameless.

What a day 😫

• Registered Users Posts: 24,884 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

A load of them around here...they don’t seem to be of the ability to have a conversation just roaring and shrieking... where I live is directly on a route to both primary and secondary schools , two boys schools and at 8.25 am just hordes of them shrieking like piglets at each other passing my place...this wasn’t a thing when I was going to school...wtf is going on with these little imbeciles?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,071 ✭✭✭Be right back

And not a hint of adult supervision ( in my estate anyway)!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

There's a phantom toilet seat pisser in my department. There's one small gents toilet outside my area. Every day this week when I had to use it I've seen that the previous user has neglected to lift the toilet seat up and pissed all over it. They didn't even bother to flush the toilet either, and from the colour of what they left behind, whoever it is really needs to start drinking more water. I'll be watching it like a hawk today to try and find out who it is. It's gross and selfish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

The running bra/top combo.

Why is it such a pain to put on.Struggled with it this morning,have it on and now realised its inside out.It can stay like that,im putting a jacket over it anyway.😂

Advertisement