Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

TA I'm on hold to HSE for 40 minutes waiting to get my Covid cert' sent out to me (I got my second vaccine in June, I think).

I have been on hold for so long, I was able to recite every single thing the woman says on the automated voicemail.

"If you have already requested a Digital Covid Certificate, the processing time is normally 5 days.

Please check your junk folder and spam folder if you are awaiting your Digital Covid certificate.

Please note this may take a bit longer in some instances.

If you registered for your vaccine through the HSE Online Portal. You should receive your Digital Covid Certificate 5 days after full vaccination by email.

Please check your junk folder and spam folder if you are awaiting your Digital Covid Certificate.

If you are vaccinated through another route, for example by your GP, a paper version of your Digital Covid Certificate will be posted out to you.

You do not need a Digital Covid Certificate to travel, but it does make travelling within the EU easier.

It is impor-- Thank you for calling. Your call is very important to us and will be answered in the order it was received."

I noticed she says "Digital Covid Certificate" six times, and tells me to check my spam and junk folder twice, word for word, in the same speech...

She then gets promptly interrupted by an American at the end.

At no point during the "hold" process should I be able to memorise anything -- that's how you know you're on hold way too long.

Also, for anyone who's had to sit on this phone call; what the hell was your one using to say this? The phone/microphone sounded muffled and every annunciation she used almost burst my ear drums. Put your mouth away from the device and speak clearly, or invest in a pop filter, you melt....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Poor things, they feel the need to mark their territory...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I shouldn't have to chase you up by email twice and text you once to remind you to give me a quote for a job. 😕

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

I worry about solicitors. I recently had to send them some documents. I had to send the same documents 3 times. Seriously. Documentation is your bloody job!

• Advertisement

I'm starving and doing the weekly shop and I'm embarrassed by the depths of my tummy rumbles. I was at the olives a minute ago and did a loud and long 20 second job. I'm at the crisp section now and it's like bloody bagpipes in me stomach. Bleedin scarlah 🤤🤤

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I rang the Helpdesk 3 times yesterday and was told each time they would phone me back in 10 minutes, a day later and I’m still waiting for the call back.

Rang them again this morning and explained that I was waiting on a call from them and I’d like an answer now and again I was told I would receive a call before lunch today and guess what I’m still waiting on a call back. If it wasn’t important I wouldn’t be phoning you in the first place you absolute joke of a service 😡😡

• Registered Users Posts: 24,887 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Open some crisps and start eating as you shop..

when security come, show them you are keeping the packet to be scanned so you can be charged... but that in the interest of hygiene and health and safety you’d appreciate if they could find someone to follow you around with a mop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Oh my god I came on here to post about this! Not only all of those things you posted, but who thought it was a good idea to play over and over the same message that is of no use to people who are on hold for more than 20 mins.

Its 2 months since I got my second vaccine, so that is why I checked the portal to see if there was an issue, and there I got a message to say they couldn’t send my cert out as they are missing details so please ring the helpline, so I don’t need to be reminded to check my spam folder or wait 5 days. And even allowing for other people who may need to check, or wait I would imagine the message is so annoying that anyone who hadn’t checked would have hung up and gone to check after 40 mins of hearing the same thing over and over. And they ask do you want to talk to someone inirish or English and even if you press 2 for English, they proceed to give you the message in Irish as well. And after thay go through all that, they tell you the helpline is closed 🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 13,517 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I do that all the time , crisps, biscuits, whatever. Eats i shop and scan the packet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,517 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

TA is my phone is showing 3 unread emails but for the life of me I can't find them !

• Registered Users Posts: 15,850 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Yes, this does not look weird or controlling at all.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0811/1240317-chinese-schools-teaching/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

My stomach is telling me I'm starving but my brain is telling me I'm not hungry at all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

My body is telling me it wants more coffee but I already had 2 cups this morning and know I will feel rotten if I have another.

Booked in at the gym class but I cannot be arsed which is rare.

last day the trainer was in easy going enough and ‘normal’ mood but that means today it’s the ‘other dude’ as they alternate who is on what day and in afternoons/mornings... ‘other dude’ seems to want to get us in shape for the Olympics but hmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,423 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

This bipolar weather. Met my sisters for lunch and was absolutely sweltered in the car driving home. Left the windows open a crack when I got home and went upstairs to change. The rain started while I was changing and I closed my windows as soon as I was dressed. Housemate then asked me for a lift down to the pub for her car and when I sat back into mine, the seat was absolutely wringing. Had to change again when I got back, my clothes were actually soaked through at the back. And now the sun is splitting the stones again.

Having or wanting to use this thread too often these days....

The fitness company which im a client of is expanding throughout the city and country.... all or most of the experienced staff and managment are temporarily (im guessing temporarily) redeployed for weeks to work in the new locations... where i go its skeleton staff all be it great staff just not enough of them... its frustrating as where i go... ie. their startup location would have contributed to their ability to expand yet while thats happening .. we are loosing

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

And to follow on from this rang them again this morning and said I need to log in and all I got was I’ll ring you back in 10 minutes and I said no I’ll stay on the line as I need to do this now. Poor guy hadn’t a clue what to do and I basically talked him through what he was to do and voila it worked, I became my own Helpdesk 😂😂

TA people you just don’t know the basics

And when you spend 5 minutes Qing up at a mcdonalds drive thru to order 3 signature items of theirs... McFlurrys...they dont have any... you have to Q for another 5 to get out.... can they not have a fùcking manager put up a sign on a piece of cardboard... ' sorry, no ice cream, machine broken '

• Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

The moth that was caught last night in the web in the corner of my bathroom is now gone. What sort of gigantic monster spider is living in my bathroom to eat a whole moth overnight? 😬

• Advertisement

No time to find out Molly. You know what you have to do.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'm beginning to think that my love or pizza is becoming a problem.

I'm cooking dinner and have a glass of wine and a mug of chicken stock on the worktop. I've lost count of the number of times I've nearly taken a swig of of the stock by accident.

It’s stopped in the last five minutes but there is a neighbor who is trying to do some DIY mechanic job on his car... tapping and hammering from about 6.30 this evening... no biggie but then for the last 30 minutes revving fûck out of the engine constantly.... it’s a 9 year old Mercedes C class... he is an electrician by trade but I wouldn’t trust him to wire a plug the way he’s trying to destroy the engine of his car... Friday night, neighbors trying to chill, peace, quiet, warm, windows open... a cacophony of noise, revving Ronnie can fück right off, cûnt...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Getting a new fireplace fitted in the room behind this one and fitters drilled right through the wall 🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

It's up to the fitters to get it repaired and repainted as good as it was before their handwork.

I've just realised that the cartoon guy on the "Bin the Poo" poster has poos for eyes.

Traumatised.

They cemented it and a bit of polyfilla.

I've paint leftover from recently painting it so I'll give it a sand and touch up.

I'm just glad they didn't go hit the chair.

This is the trivially annoyed thread, you need the traumatized thread! 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Peoples general lack of awareness of the world around them.

I saw a lady in an almost new (211) Kia jeep/mammy's taxi who seemed to want to play chicken with a bus yesterday. I was about twenty yards back and could see the bus moved out early because there was a car parked on his side of the road. The Kia had plenty of room to move over but was stuck to the white line for I swear seven seconds after she should have reacted, before braking and swerving at the last second. I swear she just didn't see the bus. A **** bus! Right in front of her!

I'm half thinking of saving the dash cam footage and posting it - you almost can't believe it's happening.

Advertisement