Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Loud dance music blaring through every speaker on the bus. I was the only one who got up and asked the driver (politely) to turn it down. Thankfully the driver did.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

Y'know what bugs me? Bug zappers. The ones with a protective grill. To stop one zapping one's own fingers. The problem is, same said grill is too small for the likes of bluebottle floes to fit through. I [i]swear[/i] it was mocking me, "MISSED ME AGAIN, YA DAFT TWAT!"

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pgj2015

People wearing coats in really sunny hot weather, its 25 degrees out there today and I have seen at least 15 people wearing big winter coats and jackets.

same goes for people wearing shorts and flip flops when its snowing in winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I don't live near the sea, but there's about 200 seagulls flying randomly around the unused field behind my house, and I can't see why because there's houses in the way. I want to know what the seagulls know.

Drove to Kerry last week, stopped in Portlaoise for a coffee and juice for the car. Filled the tank, decided to park her up to avoid exactly what you're talking about i.e. blocking the pump while paying, and I spot the only free parking spot near the entrance. Drive over towards the space with my indicator on and some gimp in a Golf almost crashes into me cos he's trying to put on his belt, and drive, while typing a whatsapp or something on his phone.

I stop, and give him the nod to go ahead, as it's usually better to be behind these idiots. Douchebag looks at me, then at indicator, then back at me, then at the parking spot, back at me, pulls into the space and refuses to make eye contact again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Probably rubbish. Unless it's been recently ploughed.

Road, nay, parking spot rage, here, would be entirely justified.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Fecking bug on the leapcard website and support not being helpful. I've forgotten my password, so tried doing a reset, but it says 'no account exists with that email'. So I tired registering an account, and it says 'an account already exists with that email'. Contacted support, and they gave me a number to ring because of 'security'. Sod right off! I'm not phoning and spending ages on hold, then probably explaining the issue five times to get to whoever might be able to help. Fix the **** bug! This shouldn't need me to do anything.

While I'm here - why can't you change notification settings on your lottery.ie account? I really don't need an email on a Saturday night to tell me the 'exciting news' that I've won €2. Really, it can wait until the next time I log in. Why can't there be a slider and an 'Only notify me when I win x amount or more'?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,518 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

A bird that must be approximately the size of a pterodactyl going by the size of its "leavings" has taken to cropping in my garden. I'll be able to go into the guano business at the rate he's going.

Fcuking gross.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Bringing the kids for a haircut.12 o clock,and they didnt start till 12.30,when the other son should have been done.

Why have an appointment system if you are not going to use it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,717 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Always get that one fella that needs something fancy done, holding the whole place up. I thought most places would be back to walk in by now. The 4 or 5 nearest to me are all walk in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,612 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Annual motorcycle insurance rant time.

As usual the main gripe is being unable to get quotes online. Most providers' website pretty much just has a phone number to call. It's 2021 ffs! They provide car insurance quotes online - why not bikes? I'm old and have loads of no claims bonus so I'd be lucky to save €20 by spending half the day on the phone either on hold or giving them the same information I can type myself faster. I just can't be arsed.

The biggest provider in the market does have an online quote engine, but after putting in all my details it crapped out and told me to phone for a quote. IIRC, it did the same last year. That's even more annoying than not having an online quote engine, so there's a fair chance I won't bother with them at all next year.

Bonus mini-rant on my bank's new security measures and general incomprehensible slowness when processing electronic transactions. Thanks to SCA I now have to register my credit card in my online banking account before I can use it online, but there seems to be nowhere on their website that tells me how to do this. I eventually found it under a menu you wouldn't expect it to be under, and I get a message telling me it can take up to five working days to take effect. Five days! My **** insurance expires in four! How the **** does an electronic transaction take five working days?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,978 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

When you spend 40 plus grand on a car.... you ensure as part of the deal via verbal agreement that they give you a proper spare in the boot as opposed to one of the runner wheels or whatever they are called to get you to the garage... week later we get a puncture or maybe the origional wheel has a dodgy valve... look in the boot... no proper spare.... a runner job...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I got a Chinese takeaway on Friday eve which was dreadful!! My OH got lemon chicken which turned out to be breaded bits of chicken floating in a gloopy lemon sauce. I got house special curry which contained so much MSG that my tongue was on fire. It used to be a pretty good takeaway but I'll never get anything from there ever again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭Archeron

I said it as a TA before but ice cream machines appearing everywhere. I love ice cream and it's a great happy thing but if you run a petrol station with only one cashier and ten kids turn up looking for unicorn swirly specials, you will end up with a very long queue of annoyed people.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,968 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Just had a very loud aircraft overhead, they don't usually get that loud over South Dublin at night. FlightRadar24 tells me it's a UPS Freight 767 heading for Cologne, which took off from Dublin Airport, circled over here, and hit about 20,000 ft by the time it crossed the coast. The pilot must be bursting for a wee or something - he was haulin'.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

When i go to the latest new post on any of my followed threads on a browser, it opens the with the tops lines cut off. What's that all about?

Smokers!

Most Sundays I do a few hours work downstairs. In the summertime, it's nice to have the window open and have a bit of air. Every Sunday without fail the same arsehole will come along and sit in the same corner of the smoking area of the pub next door and smoke disgusting smelling rollies. This means I have to go close the window because I don't want to breathe in his second hand carcinogenic smoke. I can't be at home with my window open because of that prick's disgusting habit.

I've said this before but I think smoking should be banned in public at this stage. I shouldn't have to avoid second hand carcinogenic smoke - I should have to go out of my way to encounter it. No doubt smokers won't agree, and those old enough to remember pre-smoking ban eras would feel even more persecuted, but TS. It should be banned in public and limited to designated smoking areas where there's little to no chance of non-smokers being affected.

The word “eatery”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭sporina

have a pain in my head - well, its more like really bad tension.. feel a bit dizzy too - and my eyes feel a bit funny.. maybe I am starting to get vertigo?

It should be banned in public and limited to designated smoking areas 

Like the designated smoking area the "prick" from your story was having his cigarette in on a Sunday at the pub?

It's a compelling excuse to give but occasional fleeting exposure to a lit cigarette difused across distance in the outdoors on a Sundaily basis is just not going to materially affect your health or your chances of getting cancer at all. The smell argument is fair enough as an annoyance, but that's all it is - an annoyance. I find the smell of fish to be disgusting and I dislike being near people eating it but I wouldn't try and ban their enjoyment of it either. It also annoys me when I can't open my window while reading my book on a Sunday afternoon because of the racket from my neighbours lawnmower - doesn't mean I'd want them banned either. Live and let live.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,116 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Bitchy comments from my mam directed towards myself and the GF, and designed to stir ****.

We have been living in an apartment in the basement of the house since March, keep to ourselves and are self-sufficient. Hardly even go out at weekends let alone stay up late at night. Two weeks ago she alleged that my GF in particular was too noisy after a night out. Today she claimed that the place is filthy- if it is (it isn't), it's our own business. Both times it upset my GF to the extent where she went to bed in tears. Completely not on.

What's worse, she makes sure to say it in front of her darling son, home from abroad, hoping he will take her side and thus make me feel worse. But he never does, so at least I have support there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

This is as trivial as it gets: Norma Foley's hairdo annoys me.

It’s 2am....my neighbor who drives a motorbike has just upgraded to what looks like a 150cc I think, arrived back now from wherever, puts the bike in the parking out front, starts revving the engine, turns the engine off, then on again, 3 times.... as I type he starts it again and despite no more revving it’s still running and he’s now having a conversation, a loud one so he’s heard by whoever over the engine noise, not too far from here... 2AM... he comes from a family of gimps and obviously he’s continuing in the tried and tested family tradition... problem with your bike ? Fix / troubleshoot in the morning you fûckin ignorant dweeb.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Supermarkets (specifically Aldi) usually a woman or a couple in the queue for the till wait until the first item is scanned to declare that they have 'forgotten' to get other items and head off to get them. If it's a couple, the husband heads off and everything is usually scanned in well before the time he gets back, if it's somebody alone everything is usually scanned before they realise they forgot something. The most polite ones usually speakwhisper to the person or people in the queue behind them "I'll only be a minute, sorry I forgot/couldn't find the asshats products".

^ no excuse for that now... just pay for the items you HAVE selected and go get the forgotten item afterwards and use the self service checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Goodigal

TA that after a lovely dinner date with great conversation and laughs, I went to bed and had the worst sleep ever - waking around 2am for hours to overthink every sentence I uttered!! My stupid brain!! Feel exhausted this morning😒

The word “boss” when used as a verb eg “He/She bossed that xyz” - been hearing it on radio ads etc.

Such a stupid yankism, companies using meme slang a few years stale and thinking they’re cool and down with the kidz. Pure cringe

• Advertisement

I really should have said "beer garden" instead of "smoking area", but pretty much everywhere they're seen as the same thing, which I hate. In this case, the part he sits in, is part of a shared walkway with another premises. The way the smoke tends to blow around the place if they designated the corner opposite the TV as a smoking area it probably wouldn't bother anyone else.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement