Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,826 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Posters posting nonsense.

Not even trolling....trolling can be funny, in some cases you might even admire their argument, while rolling your eyes.

But feckin convoluted prose that goes nowhere, would ya feck off with yourself 😂🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 24,902 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The amount of pure unadulterated headbangers that it seems to be necessary to plot a course around in life these days… it’s far too much effort to deal with them but it’s an effort to have to secure avoidance from them also….hmmmm

My stash of aftershaves is at an all time low…guess i have not been stocking up on my travels as there hasn’t really been travels with the way of the world… I live very close to a Boots but on checking online and in a store recently they seem to be not stocking a lot of my favourite fragrances..even the perfume shop seems to be the same…no Bvalgari, not the Paco Rabanne fragrance I like and generally a load of rubbish in tacky illuminous bottles for 35 quid aimed at teenagers..what gives ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

TA twitter is down, one of the few things that is allowed past firewall

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,321 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

If I could never see another headline about Vogue Williams, Pippa O'Connor, Rosanna Davison or Glenda Gilson that would be great.

Who reads this vacuous crap?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Recently the self service units in my local Tesco have been regularly out of commision but just the ones that take card only, often all four of them.

When using the only one working yesterday I noticed the Tesco attendent logging in another one so it wasn't a fault. He told me the new policy is that unless there are 2 workers in the self service area they have to log the card only units out. Must be a general Tesco policy now as in the Square in Tallaght last Thursday most of the card only units were off there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Strumms, You are a tonic! I go offline for a while at a time. But that is the freedom I have.. or an extra PRIVATE email to work from.

I have never heard of any of these so-called celebrities. Thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,021 ✭✭✭Bredabe

You know the saying which goes something like "Tell me your friends and I'll tell you who you are"? I see it all the time where I live, grandparents showing their grandkids by example how to break the rules(I'll put money on the fact the parents behaviours is not so different)

Ta, I wrote to the coordinator of a post grad course I'm considering, asking if I would have the same supports as I had for my completely different degree course, the response being well if you finished your other course you will get the same supports for this one. Talk to your adviser.

The supports given for a social science course should not be the same for a organic science course, so in one answer a FO and NO!

Post edited by Bredabe on

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

with my folks, they are getting work done at home. Tradesman came recommended by my cousin and in fairness their work, the job done on my cousins place on inspection was a real nice quality. Superb, Both the finish, quality of materials and they worked clean… However she warned the guy has a few ‘eccentricities’ shall we say….which was evident from the first handshake, he’s bonkers. ‘Eccentricities’ was the fückin understatement of the decade.

about 90 minutes into the job he starts asking my Dad for a loan of some tools and if he has an extension lead… why would you turn up to a job, that you have already scoped and appraised in person, without the necessary tools and accessories and putting elderly people to the trouble of rummaging around in a garage for tools and accessories.

my dad says jokingly.. “ we better hang around he might want one of us to hold the ladder. “. Fück that, he might have us going up the ladder yet.

people. Ughhh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Men of a certain vintage who drive their wives to the supermarket and then wait in the car while she does the shopping. Just fcuking go in ffs, your cock and balls won't fall off if you cross the threshold, for jaysis sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Insect bites. I don’t usually suffer too badly from them but I got massacred by them yesterday, along with one of the kids.

All around the waistline and backside. Very difficult to maintain any semblance of dignity in public.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

My dad does this and so do I when bringing my mum shopping. It takes her more than an hour to go around a small rural supermarket because she's talking to every old biddy she meets and there's no point standing around in narrow aisles in the way of other shoppers. And helping out by picking stuff up while she talks doesn't work either, whatever I'd pick up wouldn't be right. (I know absolutely nothing about "spuds") 😁

So she signals us at the door when she's finished!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,826 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Oh Jesus no!!! Leave them in the car.

Nothing more irritating than couples shopping together (young and old) where one is floating around in their own world getting in everyone's way.

One person per trolley should be a rule. *

*Unless obviously there's a disability there.

Trivial annoyance #2 having to put the above clause in as you know someone will refuse to see the spirit of the point and come back with some counter argument about needing a carer to help them shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,314 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

In general these people are very traditional. He does the driving because he's a man. She'd never manage it.

He can't cook, use the washing machine,etc.

She can't change a light bulb, paint a wall,etc.

The above is a real annoyance of mine.

I once saw a woman get excited when a man boiled a kettle. I don't think she agreed with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Being asked to a meeting with 15 minutes notice, having to go find a spare meeting room to take the meeting in because the witch who invited me is sitting beside me on her headphones giving me an awful echo. And I've been in the meeting for 2 hours now and have said a sum total of 10 words of input. I wasn't needed on this call.

People who find a problem with EVERYTHING.

The reason you're annoyed at everything or see annoyances so much is you're a grumpy bastard.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,321 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Women of a certain vintage who can't drive themselves to the shop 😉😉

• Registered Users Posts: 16,105 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

If for any reason mine has to drive me I make sure he stays in the car ! Otherwise I get “ do we need this “ holding up some random item every two minutes . Or he pushes the trolly and stops at every blessed shelf to examine the merchandise . God no let him doze in the car !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,105 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

The phrase “ something on steroids “ Just read about “ a monsoon on steroids” . I detest that phrase

• Registered Users Posts: 40,228 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Touché and while I understand the cultural, generational and sometimes financial reasons for it, it's still a bugbear of mine. Because as is more often than not the case, those women outlive their husbands and then become dependent on their children to bring them everywhere.

I cannot fathom not having my independence to that degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭Be right back

Irish djs and their love of talking! They just go on and on. They must be paid by each word they say!!

I decided to get some vitamins. I was looking at the selection and I saw this nice box for men with a young guy and it. I thought these would be perfect. Lot's were aimed at an older market. I then noticed the pack said 13-19 years old. It dawned on me that I was a decade to old for them and ended up with Centrum!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Mums the horrible driver, she won't cook and it's my father that does the Sunday dinners.

They both do the shopping because she's doesn't trust him to get the correct stuff and he know she's can't hump the heavy bags.

Shopping with my mother usually involves loosing some hair and taking headache pills with a large shot of something very alcoholic when finished. Even with a list she will wander around, complaining about the others wandering around getting in the way. She'll stand looking at a shelf with eyes like a rabbit caught in headlights trying to decide what soap to get. 🤦 Has a really annoying habit of standing right next to you so when you turn around she always manages to be in the way. I swear she has cat DNA with her ability to be in the way very time. Then when she does manage to decide what to get she will hand you the item to put in the basket even though she is standing next to it. It's the same with loading the belt, stands next to the belt and hands you the item to put on it.

I try my level best to avoid going to any shop with her.

I have just abandoned picking blackberries as I was engulfed in a cloud of starving rapacious midge.. A pity as the fruit is awesome this year but tomorrow is another day .. just need a wee breeze... Off to consume some antihistamine..

To arrive for your 9:40am appointment and for the clinic to already be running late. How can you be running late 40 mins into your working day? And how does it happen every single time?

edit 10:40 am and the clinic is already more than an hour behind. There is a special kind of incompetence in the HSE. It should be studied.

Post edited by Pawwed Rig on

• Registered Users Posts: 15,868 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

If their kids aren't around or don't have kids, how are they supposed to manage?

Unless you're living in a city with 24-7 public transport, fair enough. But in Ireland, esp rural Ireland you really need to have a driving licence sorted. Not being able to drive is very limiting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

When we go shopping to somewhere like Lidl or Aldi I know from experience it'll take an hour by the time Mrs P has had a good luck around. So I wait in the car for around 45 minutes before going in and picking up anything I want. Even then I can find myself having to browse the middle shelves to kill time.When I go myself I'm in and out in 10 or 15 minutes.

Advertisement