Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Robbie Williams was support act to The Verve at Slane 1998. By all accounts, he delivered a great performance. By the time he headlined in 1999, he had released nine solo singles, eight of which had reached the UK top 10. His solo career was very well established at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,379 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I think I've mentioned this before but reading another thread reminds me , pharmacies that keep their green cross signs lit when closed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

My TA is the slow feckers on the M7 today sitting in the middle of three lanes, totally oblivious to the empty lane to their left, and the hundreds queued up on their right trying to pass them, not speeding just trying to get by them. What is wrong with them. Are they so oblivious to the other road users around them. If you are pulling a horse tray, a caravan, driving an artic up a hill etc, get in the far left lane. You won’t be in the way, you won’t be delayed and you will let the traffic move more efficiently. Grrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm not sure what to call this.

When there's a person on public transport they are on a day trip to a city or they've a bus pass with little to do and use it a lot.

They sit down next to somebody and expect a conversation for the whole journey which could be well over an hour.

This conversation isn't overly interesting or stimulating and can be the same story over and over again if they're a regular.

They complain about commuters who don't want to talk, have earphones in, etc. They call them antisocial, rude, etc. Despite the fact that person is working 40 hours a week and is a great communicator. Whist on the bus or train they might still be working or it might be there only time to unwind/relax.

People should be friendly, chat about the weather, news briefly or answer a question such as ''Where a nice place to get lunch?'' but don't expect them to put on a show for an hour.

Post edited by freshpopcorn on

• Registered Users Posts: 24,816 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

If you didn’t laugh you’d cry…

An article on the news complete with video, of a young girl, walking her ‘emotional support’ alligator around a park.

” I’m sorry Miss, but that reptile could be potentially dangerous even fatal for fellow patrons so I’ll have to ask you to…. Ohh your mental health, sorry, come on in, would you like us to cook yourself and Wally a steak ? “

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Just read a group chat message where one member mentions her horses "reigns".

So tempted to ask how many places he's been king of.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

"My kingdom for a horse!"

• Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

The stick families. Cutesy crap that screams self absorbed. I twitch every time I see a car with them.

I’m having the laziest and quietest of Sundays but it’s seriously warm and I’m out of Diet Coke..

the nearest shop is about a 25 minute round trip with the one across the road having been closed and turned into a fûckin child care facility so my TA is the inconvenience of having no convenience shops around anywhere anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Noticed just there the nail clippers is getting a little blunt 🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,580 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

That the weekend doesn't last for 3 days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

More than TA about this. A good friend who is on a CE scheme being treated like crap by a new manager. Friend is probably more experienced and better educated than the one on the power trip. Friend loved working there up to now, but in tears earlier at the thought of going in tomorrow.

When you go to Harvey Norman to buy something and it's in stock. You are then told warehouse is closed on Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

My nice quiet village's peace being shattered by three people fighting at 10.30 on a Sunday night. One man was really agitated and I had to keep a look out while he was running up and down the road ( in between going back to the other two and shoving them and screaming at them) in case he damaged my or neighbours' property. The language was not English so I don't know what it was all about.

Eventually blue lights arrived (called by the other man) and all is quiet now. Even some neighbours came out with their blankets and sat on the wall to watch the show.

Not a usual occurrence here. The worst I've seen has been young fellas messing while pissed but no harm or danger from them.

Post edited by Aglomerado on

i had a craving for a toblerone earlier, none in the local shop. Guess I’ll have to go to the euro store to buy a big one. Or maybe 4

Wasn’t asleep asleep, just dozing off but woken by my phone, pissed off that I firstly left it turned on and secondly that I didn’t put it on silent… I’m woken I’m seeing by a notification of an email, at 3.10 from a local Irish business whom I occasionally use, advertising that they are having a sale…

they are Irish as can be ffs so why is some gobshîte! at 3.10am sending out email notifications ?

secondly, the foxes in the locality tonight are going apeshit so now being awake I have this high pitched, shrill shrieking to contend with.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I have read the title of one thread incorrectly every time i've seen it since it's been on here.. Why can i not get my head around the fact that it is NOT "The Pushback against Leitrim"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

You and me both!

Even though I KNOW by now that isn't the title, I still see it like that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Marketing

I just read a story on bbc about how shocking it is that parents are getting second hand uniforms due to cost of living.

Another story might laud parents for recycling old uniforms.

It is all a matter of perspective.

I'm getting snowed under with loads of different leaflets PURPORTING to be from from different Landscapers / tree surgeon / gardeners but in reality each of them is from the same crowd:. Each leaflet is the very same A5 size. The same layout and colour scheme and block font is used in each.

The same FREE ESTIMATE!

• Advertisement

There's one pharmacy on Rathmine road, the green sign still lighting. The pharmacy is closed for good

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Sky Ireland - I've never spoken to them so much in the 15 or so years I was a customer than I've spoken to them in the 9 months since I left them.......

I get a call now every few weeks offering me such amazing deals & discounts if I return to them........

WHERE THE FCUK WERE ALL THESE DEALS & DISCOUNTS WHEN I WAS A CUSTOMER?????????????????????

I swear I will never give them another cent of my money again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

^^

The SIRO fibre was just barely past the door a few weeks ago when SKY had their sellers out. First knock I was in the middle of something and by the time I opened the door I could see a SKY jacket going down the road. Just in case I might miss a great deal they called again the next evening and seemed to have a problem with a polite 'no thank you'...but 500MB and sky tv for only...NO THANK YOU! /SHUTS DOOR.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 11,027 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Picking up a couple of things in one of the German supermarkets earlier.

Got back to my car, where the people parked beside me were putting their shopping in the boot, but left their trolley directly behind my car so I couldn't reverse out until they were finished. They didn't take long to be fair, but then the wife proceeded to wheel the trolley to an empty car space and just left it there so preventing someone from using it and expecting someone else to return it to the bay. I assumed it was chavvy, young people who done this, but these were an old couple and I was astonished.

Having to let people think I am a Jehovah's Witness because I come from a family who don't celebrate birthdays and I'm uncomfortable with them as a result. It's actually easier for them to understand. ☹️

• Registered Users Posts: 16,368 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I was just going to complain about door to door sellers.

Come in from work and sit down with a cup of tea to relax.

*ding dong*

Look out the window, see who it is and sit back down.

*ding dong*

They'll surely get the hint now, right?

*DDDDDDing DooooooNNNNGGG*

Well, there's at least one Vodafone rep who won't be back in a hurry.

I'm plagued by them too. I have a big tuft of moss in one of my gutters and it's a magnet for rogue traders 'clean yer gutters boss' driving past. I get one nearly every week. I can't clean them for another few weeks though as there are swallows up there too and I refuse to evict them until they fly away.

I have a local reputable cleaner in mind for the job and I will give him a call when the time comes.

My father's thinking/logic.

My parents had a trade's man calling to do a small job. I told them I'd cover the cost.

He called when I was at work and they paid him the €50.

When I got home I gave them €50.

My father's response wasn't thanks but.

"So, it cost €100."

I had enough t had enough tabs to do me yesterday, except I didn't know about the bank holiday. So I'm completely out now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Posters posting nonsense.

Not even trolling....trolling can be funny, in some cases you might even admire their argument, while rolling your eyes.

But feckin convoluted prose that goes nowhere, would ya feck off with yourself 😂🤣🤣

Advertisement