Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

Ah Stop. There're as bad as the people who knowingly walk in front of the camera when you're taking a picture and do that stupid bendy walk pretending they don't want to get your way but aren't willing to wait the half second it takes to take the picture.

You end up with a picture of the top of their head or their arse.....and still hate them for it 30 years later...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,536 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

The 'conversation ' I'm after having with a jobs worth bin man. I wasn't fit to leave my blue bin out last month so I filled a green one with recycling stuff. They didn't want to take it because its the wrong colour. Anyway I've the last laugh as they'll have to walk up to my back gate to collect it from now on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,964 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

I think I’m going to explode at the frequency of the ad for John Creedons tv show being aired on RTE….on more often than Liam and his deaf farmer father talking nonsense to each other….if I hear Arlene foster roaring “I’m a Kyellay” once more I’m actually going to fire the thing out the window…..

🤯🤯🤯

Rant over…..🙉🙉

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Not having a go or anything. Lot of the bins are chipped now and there is a reader on the truck. Some companies charge different for each bin and it may be the reason why they wouldn't take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,295 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

They don't take whatever bin you fancy they take. The truck will only pick up the colour it's coded for that day.

• Advertisement

In the North so its council, but maybe. Either way I won't have to do it from now on. Just leave it alley .

• Registered Users Posts: 30,366 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Or another one I've come across multiple times is when you're lining up for a shot, someone sees you doing this, they then walk directly in front of you and look in the direction that you have the camera aimed, whip out their phone/camera and take a picture. It's like they are saying "oh God, she's taking a picture of something, it must be amazing/interesting so I must take a picture of what she is snapping while walking in front of her camera and blocking her view". 🤦

• Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Still sicker than a bus to Knock. No sign of the steroids kicking in yet and the course finishes tomorrow. Great.

It was more than trivial at the time , but I live in a very busy village. I needed to go to the pharmacy to check if my meds were in . Unbelievably a space outside it so I start to reverse in , 1/2 ways through a wee flocking micra swings in meaning I was stuck 1/2 parked, with my nose out . Effing dip sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Night photography and night sky watching - always have some muppett sitting in a car with their headlights on or using a headlight. Why? It's not as if they can see more with the lights on. For those who may not understand, it takes 15 minutes for the eyes to adjust to the dark and it's f*cks up night pictures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭Archeron

First ice cream van in the estate this year drove in there, normally a nice thing. Unfortunately his ice-cream van music sounded like it was on low battery and was playing really really slowly.

Pop goes the weasel at quarter speed is surprisingly creepy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Child proof safety caps on medication bottles. Just spent about 10 minutes trying to open a bottle of medicine.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

The bus schedule is so full of holes (trip cancelled) in August that I effing dread what things will look like when schools and colleges return 😥

• Registered Users Posts: 16,529 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Notifications for your own posts.

Harry Styles being the big act for Slane 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 16,105 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I wanted a cheese sandwich . Chose a block of chedder in an easy open packet

Easy what ? I fought with it for a good 7 minutes and it wasn’t budging . Eventually cut the blessed thing with a scissors

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,321 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

People talking about how chaotic it will be 'when the schools go back'. They go back every friggin year and the world hasn't ended yet

• Registered Users Posts: 24,902 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

U2, Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, Queen, David Bowie……… auld Lord Henry is loosing the plot..Harry Styles ffs… who next year ? Cardi B ? Ariana Grande. ... Justin Bieber ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

His latest album isn’t the worst, not really my thing but my partner is excited about the news.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

You reminded me , a TA is I bought good ( supposedly) binoculars for star gazìng yet I haven't got out once to use them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,680 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Hozier,Bressie, Madonna, Nelly Furtado, Kelis, Mel C, Macy Grey, Robbie Williams have all played there so it has always had shite acts

Especially disappointing considering the rumours he started off earlier in the summer that he was in talks with Brian Johnson to come out of retirement for a one-off AC/DC show. 😩

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I suppose, but I remember when I was commuting in Dublin that during the holidays my bus trips to work would take 35 mins max, whereas during school term they were at least 1hr 20 mins. And jammers, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I thought the majority target age group for him was under 18..?

I'd imagine a lot of parents going to be roped into that one, and it would be possibly the worst thing that I could imagine having to go to to please somebody else..

All of the other acts that have played there IIRC have in common that they are an act that were not a regular act to these shores (with the exception of maybe RHCP, but a load played that day), as a kind of 'treat' for lack of better wording. Stadium acts.

I must admit I don't know enough about Harry Styles. All I have been seeing last year about him, is that many people think he looks like a young Mick Jagger and his few songs I do know, aren't the worst, but very catchy nonsense, but I couldn't imaging them rocking a stadium. One is horribly repetitive..

But I am going off on one. I just found out Harry Styles is playing Slane next year...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,314 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When Harry Started off in One Direction he was sort of a normal lad but he really developed but I don't really get the appeal now. I'm nearly 30 and I generally find it's younger people who seem to be into him.(The watermelon song was popular tough).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Car stickers.

The vast majority of people are not interested in your kids names, and if they do you have a problem and just told them how to address them should they try to lure them off the playground.

And these moronic stick families. Again, nobody cares and they even look dreadful.

Spotted today: “I love someone with Down syndrome”. Thanks for notifying me, I needed to know this.

And the black box ones. Butterflies. Paw prints. Dad’s taxi…

Maybe I should just stay at home today.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,179 ✭✭✭✭blade1

As Frankie Boyle said "an advertisement for paedophiles"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

• Registered Users Posts: 24,902 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Robbie Williams and Madonna of that lot are the only two headliners. Madonna, whilst not my bag is a pop icon.

Williams was an odd one, that I’m reading was 1999 before his actual solo career took off, wonder did another band or performer pull out.

• Advertisement

Advertising on American TV shows. Mostly bud and how in the show I'm watching EVERYONE is smoking.

Advertisement