Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

They're the very same crowd who stop dead at the bottom of escalators or just outside shop entrances while they have a good think about where they want to go next.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Oh gawd yes, or to have a chat on a really narrow path in a busy city centre.

I also encountered a couple yesterday evening who stopped just as they stepped off a pedestrian bridge, in my local park. They were looking at something on a phone or taking a selfie.

Er, I would quite like to be able to step on to that there bridge. Mooooooooooove!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,527 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

The over eager grocery shoppers who start unloading their shopping on the conveyor belt directly behind yours when you still have most of it in the trolley, then get indignant when they have to move it. I'm not invisible ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,680 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I seen a woman to this twice so on the third time I hijacked her trolley with mine. I moved it down the aisle out of the way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Or the people who leave trolley on one side of aisle whilst they browse on the other side

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

In a supermarket an hour ago and 4 adults queuing together for 1 of them to pay for 1 item !

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

During lockdown when we were being asked to shop alone, I had to fight my way one day, through a family of five, parents plus three mid to late teens offspring at a (baskets only) self check out. Between the five of them and their trolley there wasn't much room left. 🙄

You have to wonder sometimes what goes on in people's heads. Not a lot, in that case it would appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,178 ✭✭✭✭blade1

People's inability to reverse a car.

Road closure earlier meant a detour onto a tight rural road.

It was bumper to bumper for around 8km so lots and lots of reversing needed for some cars to get through.

Out of the few dozen I witnessed reversing, only 3 or 4 were of a decent level.

There were a few, all they had to was reverse in a straight line (just keep the steering wheel straight)but somehow managed to go from one ditch to the other like they were after drinking 20 pints or something.

Post edited by blade1 on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

TA my non show visitors hadn't the manners to even text.

The posh biscuits are gone, they'll be lucky to get rich tea now. Yes, I am that petty!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I think you should "be out" if they do eventually show up. I hate that kind of rudeness, there's no excuse not to let you know they're running late or had a change if plans.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Talking about motorbikes with a lad. TA I can't have one again barring some medical miracle.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,900 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Unless there is a phone call from no shows and a valid excuse… no shows turn into no more invites.

I’ve an eccentric aunt who used to be at the same craic…hasn’t set foot inside my folks house in over a decade... Only last week we had loads of family up…my Dad asked if it’s an idea to invite Maureen and Jimmy… “ nope the days of me cooking food to be thrown in the bin are over and so are the days of me setting places for invisible family who no show “ 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

I hate when there’s no one in front of you. So the checkout person starts scanning the items as soon as you out them down. So packaging them is a complete rush.

Grand in Dunnes, Tesco and Super Valu, but akin to an Olympic sport in Aldi and Lidl.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,534 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

My TA is my complete reliance on my reversing camera. I've lost ability to do it without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

I don’t move along as I’m still practicing social distance so like plenty of space around me. You won’t get served any quicker by breathing down my neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Or you open the post and realise that all the posts are from someone you have blocked - because he posts the same shite and I’m not interested - surely if you block a poster you shouldn’t even seen that they’ve posted, not just a white’d out version of their post.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,534 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That I forgot to do Wordle, and post it in the thread , one day and there's a big red thing on my record

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

I forgot to do it on 3 June was my Dad had gone into A&E the previous night

Had a 100% record, 143/143

Not done it since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

I'm TA as I came in to this thread to make the same whinge! Does my head in. It's ignorant in the extreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

Uncle and wife arrived very late (main course nearly finished) for Easter dinner one year. "Oh we had some shopping to do." Then she says she likes the burnt bit of the meat. Then asks if there's butter in the mash/carrots/etc. (yes there is, 'cos she's a f'kin moany bitch and has no problem with the cream splodged in the pavlova).

Needless to say they've not been invited since.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

TA'd that the Quality Street/Roses/Celebrations tubs are out already (€5.99).

Halloween started already a month ago in TK Maxx :rolleyes:

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

2 for 11 in dunnes.

Think they have to be on sale at a "price" before they can be reduced to their actual promotional price.

They are usually around 4 euros isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,313 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

They've changened the wrappers in the Celebrations!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

• Registered Users Posts: 24,900 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

A sports retailer, known for good deals that sell ‘direct’ to the consumer on the high street and online..

I have 3 pairs of air max and two pairs of run falcons for exercising, see a good deal on a nice pair of air max and just ask for a pair in my size that size always fits like a glove so I don’t bother trying them on… get them home I’m going down the gym so decide to break them in…

I can barely get my foot into the first one… the correct size is on the box, the corresponding size is on the tongue of the shoe….

I put the shoe up to an old pair, marked same size naturally and there is about a centimetre difference in length or slightly over, the new ones also are a lot narrower……

I google the retailer and it seems they are quickly gathering a reputation for selling end of line or seconds… which these obviously are… just labeled with wrong size, too short, too narrow.. for me…Guts of 30 off the list price and the overall in person quality looks way subpar compared to the adds online.

Which basically means I’ll not apart from returning there to get my money back, be purchasing anything there again…

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Condescending, patronising, paternalistic doctors that call you "Good girl", lie when you ask to clarify things, then charge the guts of 160 quid for the pleasure. I'm still fuming.

"Good girl" my arse, try it again and I'll rip you a new one (yep, I know, it's rather strong language).

• Advertisement

^^^^^^^

The cheek of him

Advertisement