Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,230 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Item coming from the U.S. arrived damaged.

Not sure if I'm covered for a refund so could be €75 down the drain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

Worthy of a thread in itself. And far from trivial, tbh.

I had a GP who stood up at the end of a consultation, looked me in the eyes and said "Ha, you're just getting old!" (at 37) ... 5 months later I ended up half paralysed one morning and hospitalised for a week during which time I had a rake of blood tests, multiple MRIs and a spinal tap. Oh, and that was after the first hospital* emergency department discharged me with painkillers. (*during which time a junior consultant hit the nail on the head of my eventual diagnosis).

The sheer arrogance of many in the medical profession is absolutely staggering, and if there's anything I could tell people, it would be to push for answers or get second - or even third - opinions. You know what feels normal for you.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Great! Iwill treat myself if Supervalu get them in,, i think I DESERVE a treat or many treats after the week I have had. No TA here with that,

Oh pretty ( sorry; am I supposed to be being TA?!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Having a problem opening a new outlook account, my brain cant "see" the various patterns(they are in small snapshots too) I'm supposed to pick out to show I'm a human.

I tried all the avenues to get help(as the next button just brought me to more cubes I cant "see") finally got on to the twitter help team, waiting 30 mins before I left.

A pm from them sympathising with my issue and enquiring if I had a friend who could help me see the cubes.

1. No as I was in work and try to minimise the impact of my "disability" there,
    2. Even if I was not in work and had a friend who could see the cubes, why is that the solution,
    3. Its a pathetic response from an organisation as large and diverse as MS.

Ta, I have to start creating a new email/password again!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement

Having no luck with my new ATM card, a while ago I locked myself out of the a/c as I inputted the pin incorrectly(I'm not used to the new pin yet)

Yesterday I tried all of the local ATM's and was refused at all of them, different excuses each time. Call centre busy each time I attempted to call.

Got through later on yesterday and was told there was a fault with their system and apologised profusely. This am went to nab some affordable room for a few days break, still not working.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*If I was superstitious, between the above the the problems switching, I would think I was cursed/haunted.

One dr once said to me in the misdiagnosis decades ," You are just unhappy" .... such profundity!! "

• Registered Users Posts: 24,980 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I always change the pin to one of significance. so first time at the atm I just change it to a year where my favourite team won a particular competition . So many pins and passwords to remember these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,665 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Family members assuming that just because I work in I.T that they're entitled to nag me around the clock during my downtime and weekend to install s**t on their phones or fix some gizmo after I having an absolute melt of a day/week in work.

The longer I work in I.T the more I hate people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,118 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

People who bring their kids to Electric Picnic. I'd say they'd be subjected to some sights they'd be too young to see.

They are probably the same people that bring their kids to a restaurant/pub and let them run amok while they have a few drinks.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 6,092 ✭✭✭Be right back

On street parking machines that only take coins!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Credit Union? Their system went down yesterday, went out to buy something, card declined, declined 3 times. Try another card declined twice. You think that's bad all those declines went into pending which means it's taken out of available funds. Hearing horror stories of people trying multiple times for their big shop and finding out they have to wait for credit card company to sort it out and cancel the payments.

Only on facebook did they say anything and then a few other CU's tweeted there were issues. Nothing on their main websites to warn people!

TA on top of that is you have to have something like €16 minimum on account after costs before they decline for insufficient funds. I'm still waiting on one of the refunds.

Dublin derby tonight, Bohemians vs Shamrock Rovers, a fixture known for quality, entertainment, aggression, spice, intensity….

but rte in their wisdom decide to show Dundalk vs Shelbourne and it’s a stinker, what the hell gives.. ! Would sky sports show Spurs vs Everton instead of the Manchester Derby…?

Second is my mother having to cancel her trip to London to see family because of my father’s health, he called the consultants secretary at 12.30 pm today as he’d been told in case symptoms flair up… almost 9 hours later, nothing more….no call, txt or information…

her first trip post pandemic, now cancelled, she needed that break…my cousin and I were mentioning how tired she has seemed of late.. but my old man who has been told to take it easy has been off doing his usual martyr job or helping people with xyz, and basically NOT taking it easy…

I could kill him… learn.. to.. say.. no.

Post edited by Strumms on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

He'll have more cheek after she's finished with him 🤭

My TA.. turned on the Late Late Show just briefly. It's like am episode of Prime Time. No thanks. Switched off again.

To thine own self be true

Cold feet and hate wearing socks in bed... brrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

Neighbour gets picked up for work at 6:30am by a colleague/boss. The picker upper beeps the work truck horn when he arrives.

Seriously, beeping at 6:30am in a residential area!! I'm up at 6am anyway but trivyully annoyed at both these numpties on behalf of the closer neighbours who would be woken up by this.

In...con....sid....er....ate in the extreme.. The birds start around then but that is different.

One does that here but it’s a bit earlier from memory… I actually commented on it on this thread…just have ‘here’ pre typed on WhatsApp hit send… or just have the cûnt in receipt of the lift, looking out the window.

• Advertisement

Their responsibility to deliver item or goods in perfect condition… regardless of whether the post office / courier is at fault take photos and send it to whomever you purchased item from. They contracted said courier or postal service,

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,334 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I thought it was a good match actually. I am just glad RTE are showing something rather than their usual policy of ignoring the league as much as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 13,645 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Me too. I think QS just for the green triangles

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,904 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Racing for yet another ghost bus. Bloody weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People deliberately misrepresenting the whole Enoch Burke thing to suit their own asshole agenda.

Also, when the last swig of an excellent cuppa is cold.

In need of a serious lie on… this week has tired me…

then 10.25, my neighbour calls to the door asking for a favour… no problem doing the favour but jeeez it’s a fairly straightforward and simple request that could easily have been communicated to me via WhatsApp….

s

Last night I got a message asking if I had found a friend who could help me open the account, lots of faux apologies and a suggestion that I follow the link in the message and explain the issue to their designers.

Well we are in luck! QS at E6 at SV... Just doing my ilst to email in so I have their website up . No guarantee my branch /shop will have them in but we will see...still could be totally TA on this!

few young lads out and about, doing what seems like dropping leaflets, but on watching one for a minute, one is taking more interest in eyeballing cars in drives and the properties they are delivering to… then a ‘lively debate’ ensues and going by the demographic their accent suggests and the interest they seem to have towards my neighbours house… dropping leaflets is I think secondary to other intentions..

😄 residents WhatsApp on top of things, van reg 221Dxxxxx, description of the three to a tee…’ acting suspiciously ‘ so I’m not being paranoid…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Smashed the top of one of my fingers the other day. Pain like I've never experienced before. I've broke bones, had burst apses in my ear and the shingles. This was the worst easily.

I arrive at a&e. Pain not helped by the **** load of Tylex I took. Finger in a blood stained bandage.

At the a&e check in desk, hand being held up to chest height reduce blood to it, she asks me what happened..

..her next question is.. is that your right or left hand?

I'm thinking I'm literally 2 feet away from her, how the **** can this be an actual question

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement