Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I love my Dad, but mother of god, the man sure does love to stretch even the simplest of tasks to fill as much time as possible. His breakfast is generally a cuppa and a slice of toast with marmalade, but no word of a lie, the entire process takes two hours from start to finish. And because he gets up so late, his breakfast generally takes place at lunchtime, so I'm left waiting to get into the kitchen to make and have my lunch while he's in there taking the equivalent of an Entmoot to eat a frigging slice of bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,314 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

My dad has a bowl of porridge and Toast waiting for him in the morning. He might also get some Rice Krispies by himself. The whole process involves him walking around the kitchen talking to himself. He uses about 3 bowls, 4 plates and several pieces of cutlery and it takes ages. (He says I'm making some Rice Krispies). Similar with dinner he need about 4 side plates with his main plate and lots of cutlery. He also needs three cups to have a cup of tea at times.

He's 73 and isn't that old what's also annoying is when people can't get into their heads why he struggles with technology because there mother/father is great with it.

Post edited by freshpopcorn on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Quarter past one and he's only in there having his breakfast now 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 24,901 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

at my folks, waiting for my dads family to arrive… he’s going super hyper, making sure all seating arrangements are perfect, everything is A1, food, gifts, bits and pieces…. It’s…just…family…visiting …

my mother is preparing food and drinks with our assistance , looking like she needs this on a warm day at her age, like a hole in the head, I must say I concur, WHY we couldn’t all just decamp to the pub, sit down, relax, get waited on, and chill….. but my dad insists on when it’s family, it’s home, effort and putting on our welcome faces and a spread like never before seen. Silly carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

People near by have a really annoying barky dog, now have taken to leaving their teenage son on his own for most of the day. Sons has lost interest in the dog so leaves it out and if another dog is nearby which happened a few mins ago it goes ballistic. Other dog is gone but this thing is barking like a manic and the son has turned his sh*t music up so loud that it's now a competition for what's the most annoying. Just waiting for the friend to start, he is really loud as well, has a mouth of a sailor and likes to piss outside.

Whiney dog owners have now been replaced by another f*cking dog owner which is what set this thing off when their dog got loose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,178 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Biggest problem was getting a doctor to verify I was injured.

A week after it happened I told work I wasn't able for work.

They said without a sick cert I won't get paid if I didn't go in.

Couldn't get a sick cert so went into work.

Each day after a couple of hours I would start getting dizzy, and losing my balance, and empty reaching.

On the 3rd day, I started shaking and shiverin.

I went into shock and ended up back in hospital.

Work then said they would pay me 3 days a week and I'd have to get the rest from social welfare.

Which yet again I needed a sick cert for 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

I'd be telling him to cook so !

TA's me when people think gathering are a great idea but don't do any of the work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

I'm not sure why people just say no. Why are you all killing yourself because 1 man wants things his way? My TA, say no and stop whining about it

• Registered Users Posts: 30,366 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

TA is spotting a third scratch on my 5 month old SUV. Honestly, I could park on the moon, walk back down to Earth to do a bit of shopping and when I get back to my SUV there'll be cars parked on top of her on all sides or marks from people letting their shopping trolleys roll and then rest on the nearest vehicle 🤬

I don't think I'll ever buy brand new again, it's not worth the stress and anger. I don't know if it is the pure incompetence of the Irish motorist, begrudgery with a touch of "let's knock them down a peg or two" or a mix of both.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

My trivial annoyance is NOW TV. I've had the Entertainment package for a few months and finally got around to watching The Wire (5 episodes left!). Anyway...last week, ads started appearing before and during each episode! To make it worse, the first ad was the one for '3' where Liam rings his father on the farm. "How are ya holdin' up?". Next ad break? Liam and his aul lad again!

It's only 38 seconds...for the moment. That will either increase or it will be "Pay extra to avoid ads!". I know ads have already started on Netflix in the US.

• Advertisement

NOW TV kept that very quiet. I know Disney+ are also bringing in ads for the US market for the current subscription but if you want to remain ad-free you must pay extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,680 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

The biggest problem with cars getting bigger is parking spaces staying the same size

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭put_the_kettle_on

It's taken me two days to recover enough to recount my TA.

Sunday I get a text in the morning that a friend is coming for dinner. What with covid and the Hermit Husband we haven't actually had a visitor in several years. Or at least, not one that's made it past the front door.

So don't I get completely and utterly over excited at the prospect of feeding a person coupled with a bit of actual conversation ( Himself is my rock, but he's a man of few words ) that I may have had a glass of wine too many. And me, who day in day out turns out perfectly lovely dinners, ends up scorching the arse out of it, bad enough to provoke comment from the fire alarm.

Guest was the epitome of grace about the woeful dinner and manfully chiselled her way through the cremated remains whilst asserting that it wasn't burnt at all, it was just a little " sharp baked "

Husband tried a couple of tentative stabs with his fork before mustering sufficient force to fire wheat based shrapnel whistling across the room and then periodically shouting " Incoming !! " whilst being overcome with his own wit.

TL;DR can cook but apparently not when we have a guest 😕

There was a very good comparison picture a few years back showing the original Mini Cooper parked next to the latest one and the size difference is staggering. I believe that it was being used in the UK or somewhere else to petition for larger parking spaces.

I hope the Boards Militant cyclist doesn't see your post.

Cars now have gone so much bigger. Especially small cars. I find the newer Lidl's have the best parking spaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Ah folks! They drive you mad at times but it's sort of funny too.

My mum rang me this evening and wittered on about my aunt's medical appointment in the midlands somewhere, the Rose of Tralee, who was walking down the road past their house.... Repeated a few things. Sometimes I can go and put water in the kettle for a cup of coffee and pick the phone up a minute or two later and she'll be oblivious to the fact that I'd not been listening to or even hearing her.

My dad on the phone just moans about everything and everyone and keeps telling me to be careful... driving/ hill walking/ stroking the cat/ walking to the shop....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,529 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

This is one of the best posts I've ever read here. 😂😂👏

My TA, I don't have put_the_kettle_on's wit.

When people get up in the middle of the night and the bang doors leave things fall,etc and then they whisper.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭put_the_kettle_on

• Registered Users Posts: 40,228 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

A change in medication has left me with almost daily nausea. It also leaves me only able to eat very small amounts. I went out to dinner in TGI Fridays 2 weeks ago and ordered a steak and chips. I managed 3 slices of the steak and 4 or 5 chips before I had to stop due to nausea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,534 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Watching the news , my TA is yesterday I had 2 chicken Kievs not chicken Kyivs. Boo Russia!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,021 ✭✭✭Bredabe

People who know only what I briefly tell them of my background, telling me I need to have a different attitude.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

A person I was talking to yesterday told me she had done "my course" and empathised unconvincingly about how random some of the subjects were and how hard the exams were.

Ok, except I didn't have exams and the course doesn't have the same structure or content. But yea tell me how its the same in the 15 year time difference.

This species is becoming a lot more prominent lately here in certain forums

• Registered Users Posts: 11,093 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Being forced by the OH to go the afters of a wedding of someone I don't know, full of people I don't know that I won't have anything in common with. This despite the fact that I will be working all day that day, and have a match that night, so won't be available till 10PM anyway. I also won't be drinking as I have another match the following evening (can't coach a team, tell lads not to drink and do so myself), and want to cut out unnecessary spending as I have a few payments coming up. I'm someone who can't abide drunk people when I am sober. She only got an invite anyway because she gate-crashed one night of the hen party, and will have friends there regardless if I am with her or not.

Of course if I don't go, I'll be the biggest bastard in the world, even though I have gone to manys a family event without her, and got bombarded with questions about her absence. But that's an entirely different TA. Although, if I did go and purposely was in a mood, she might let me skip off early.

Hands up, tired, sick and cranky today, my next ta is someone responding to a WhatsApp asking what the words pin and oep mean.

Granted I put them in the txt but they understood, why annoy me looking for confirmation?

FWIW, oep just means I was too tired/dyslexic/dyspraxic to proof read properly at the time.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The Cloud, or cloud-cuckoo land, as I call it.

I've been trying to edit a word document for work, it's saved in a shared location. It keeps freezing every few words, I've saved it, got out of ut, got back in again, same sh/te.

No, it's not my internet, it was doing the same from the office and it's been acting up forever.

I also hate when I get the notification "Thus file can't be edited because it's currently being edited by New Home". No, I'm not in it, you stupid system, there's no other session of Word open anywhere (or Excel, etc, depending on the file) either, I've cleared the upload cache, too.

What should take half an hour ends up taking 3 days.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

A mixture of both, I think.

My car is far from new, but I try to keep it well. It still regularly gets wallops presumably from car doors being banged off it, enough to leave paint. I park in quiet parts of car parks but it still happens.

And while I'm on a roll, why do some drivers insist on parking right beside you, so that they will definitely bang the door, off yours, when there's plenty of other empty spaces! I came back to my car one day and the car next to mine was actually over the line, and in my space. The white line, what's that!?

I have posted this previously, but I was in a supermarket carpark one time, after Christmas, and really quiet everywhere. I was putting my groceries in the car, had the passenger door open, no rush on me, when I noticed a man waiting to drive into the space beside mine.

The carpark was deserted. He could have picked any other one of twenty five / thirty spaces. Plus there's a second, much bigger carpark at this supermarket - WTAF! He probably was congratulating himself on being so patient. Idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Could be an addon or your default printer. Trying setting default printer to microsoft xps.

info here on how to change addons. -

• Advertisement

@HildaOgdenx if I could, I would thank your post a million times.

I always park the furthest away, regardless of rain or sunshine, and like you I am guaranteed to find some muppet parked on top of me when I come out.

Where I work, we have a container like thing in the car park that takes up about two and a half spots, so I decided (thinking I was smart) to park over on that half, leaving a sizeable gap between me and any car that parks in the spot next to me. Low and behold, when I finish work I see that a tiny car (think of those city car yokes) has parked over my line, leaving very little room for me to squeeze in. 🤦

Advertisement