Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ah, yes. We used to call them Pirelli steaks, in school.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,253 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Neighbours dogs howling, they’ve been howling the past week but tonight it’s just too much, why bother having dogs if you don’t give a shite about them

Some people should not be allowed have animals Auto. Poor dog.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,904 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

General incompetence, three techs standing behind me googling sh1t while i just got on and fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,645 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I bought a bottle of bud one night in a bar in Dublin. It was a 250ml bottle ( like you'd buy in Dunnes ) not a 330ml one and was charged full whack . ⁷

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,645 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Doing Wordle in the NYT's and trying to post it in P&Q. The first 3 times I was posting a link. TA is I don't know what I did differently on the 4th time( it worked)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,300 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Two very common misspellings that drive me spare

Defiantly instead of definitely

'Wondering about' instead of 'wandering about' in the context of someone or some people meandering about somewhere either lost or with no purpose

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Or in property websites, CommerICal instead of CommerCIal. On one site I even found both. 😤

And on RTÉ subtitles on a film that pronounced it wrongly, "artisan" and "artesian" aren't even remotely the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

People using the accident in Roscommon for their own agenda. The anti SUV and car lot are reaching a new low.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,980 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’m massive fan of cricket. There is a kind of wham bam thank you mam competition called ‘The Hundred’ which is a much shorter kind of hit and hope version of the longer more nuanced formats..

my annoyance is whomever designed the garish graphics ..they are onscreen 100% of the time the match in on..it’s not critical information and has been easily communicated up to recently at the end of each over via a 30 second display. Now this, all game…

The anti SUV crowd are a peculiar bunch of fûckwits.

many SUVs are hybrids and extremely more friendly to the environment then many non SUV vehicles even then what they might be driving themselves. Still they moan.

many of the SUV hybrids are decibels quieter then an array non hybrids…

SUVs featuring at top of many safety award categories, lists and experiences….

big doesn’t necessitate bad. But… big bad SUVs…zzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 16,665 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Garlic bread that doesn't taste even remotely garlicky.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,230 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Munchies.

Got a packet tonight for the first time in years.

Cheap tasting chocolate that turns to almost slush in your mouth after a couple of chews.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,518 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The chest infection I'm currently rocking and its accompanying seal-like cough.

I'm in the hot tub as we speak and the steam seems to be aggravating it. I'm annoying myself but also hoping my neighbours with the dickhead Jack Russell are enjoying the sound effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Changed my sheets this morning and washed the old ones. Which had my trusty Kobo e-reader inside.... 😭

I don’t usually get very peckish at night but this evening I am, I went to the kitchen and I’ve got every variety of Pringles, 5 different ones plus rancheros, burger bites, yet no dips grrrrr. Ages since I’ve had Pringles but I always find they are tasty but a bit dry in texture without a dips…

^ the ultimate in triviality I know !

• Registered Users Posts: 15,945 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The weird regional Michael Collins 'commemorations': the FG barbeque in a GAA club, people playing at dressing up and being driven around in vintage cars. A Fr Ted-esque 'world record' of about 70 people named Michael Collins in some West Cork village.

If throwing a BBQ a really appropriate way to mark the shooting of someone? How about a Veronica Guerin dress-up and bbq?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

My poor dog is vomiting this morning because i though I was being good by giving him a nice meaty lamb shoulder bone yesterday eve. I'm just worried now in case it persists. My PH is understandably p!ssed off with me as a result.

Also, the fuse switch for my electric shower keeps tripping now, and I also need to get a new backup battery for my house alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,518 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Finally accepted defeat this morning and rang the doctor. Can't see me til tomorrow afternoon. Can pretty much guarantee I'll have puked and/or fainted from the cough long before then. I'm sicker than a plane to Lourdes.

• Advertisement

More than a TA. Bad tooth ache, nerve pain and can't get a dental appointment on MC. One place took my number for cancelation but they are booked up till October. Ireland is some sh*thole when you need medical treatment.

I can't even get a doctor.

I'm on several doctors waiting lists in 2 counties with a year and a half and everytime I ring to see am I any further up the lists I'm told we aren't even looking at lists for the foreseeable future as we are too busy.

I gave 5 months last year out of work over a head injury I received at work and I couldn't find a doctor to clear me for work.

Also couldn't get a sick cert for work and they had me on half pay for the 5 months I was out.

Eventually got a doctor 5 months after accident to clear me.for work.

I had to travel 320km to him.

So 640km round trip.

And the killing part is I got no holidays from work or nearly 2 years as we were short staffed over the pandemic.

When I eventually got 2 weeks off, on my first day, work rang me and asked could I come as someone else rang in sick.

I went in and that's when the accident happened.

I got knocked out, cut an artery and 13 staples on my forehead.

Nice scar forever as a reminder too.

I’ve family home from the UK, my Dads side. He’s excited as he hasn’t seen them since pre-pandemic, he’s my cousins godfather and almost has had the role as his second Dad since my cousin’s dad died when my cousin was only 14….a couple of them are asthmatics and have been careful….so haven’t been traveling while covid was a thing.

my mother has suggested inviting them out for food and drinks to the very nice local. My dad seemingly hasn’t got the hint thinks it’s impersonal and has suggested that they come to their house, which is meaning my mother, jumps into cooking, catering, cleaning and overall hostess mode…she always relished that with youth on her side but with arthritis and advancing years.. not so much.

the clear and fair thing for everyone is just to reserve a few tables around the corner and go and get fed, served and waited on, meaning ‘everyone’ relaxing and enjoying. He just has this thing about ‘hosting’ people and making an effort for them. Without thinking of consequences and logistics..

A post on social media by an acquaintance of mine.

Flying to Santorini this morning with her boyfriend on a certain airline 🙄😵‍💫…

10.25 was the scheduled departure, 13.04 was the actual departure…

the airline boarded them just after 10am.. so approximately 3 hours, sitting on an aircraft on the ground , no air conditioning available… the airline wouldn’t give them water, wouldn’t sell them water, hardly gave information…

but I guess seeing as the flight is so cheap, good luck and fûck you.

Stop,the mental pressure of trying to find someone to treat me was nearly as bad as the injury if not worse.

And to add further insult to injury.

Work were supposed to give me my 2 weeks holidays back and I'm still in a battle with them to get them.

Keep getting "ya ya, we've done that" and still haven't got them.

Union are useless of course.

Try writing a formal complaint about the holidays at least get it on record. No one should have to fight to get the time off they are entitled to. From what I can see a lot of places are taking the p*ss with holidays blaming Covid. It's draining trying to get medical care and then no time out to really relax takes it toll.

They don't give two shîts about me.

I've a mountain of copies of the paperwork of correspondence between us since April 2021.

Nothing but empty promises.

Basically I was kicked to the kerb when things went wrong.

I'd have told them stick their job long ago only that I love my job so much.

1.40 am …Dogs in the neighbours garden are barking. Basically because for whatever reason the foxes that hang out in the locality… are screeching, howling and barking themselves….it’s like a competition..

The ESB have a field and foxes have shown up to live there and now can be seen walking around the area from time to time… it’s cool to see but the vocalisation competition between both species is less then desirable at 1.40AM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Was the accident reported to the Health and Safety Authority?

Any accident that results in a person being unable to perform their normal work for more than three consecutive days, not including the day of the accident or that resulted in them being brought to hospital or other medical facility for treatment for their injury should have been reported to the HSA.

If your employer is not playing ball and ensuring you are not at a loss for an injury caused at work they leave you with little option but to lawyer up and seek compensation through the Personal Injuries Assessment Board.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement