Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,366 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm at the barbers waiting to have my haircut and I'm sitting on a table because a mother and father brought about 6 children to get one haircut.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My Adidas trainer habit. Just ordered two more pairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Should keep the midges away and probably everything/everyone else as well. 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 12,231 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Was up in the attic patching up a piece of the roof felt that was torn.

There is so much insulation up there that I must have stepped on the ceiling without realising.

Came down from the attic delighted with my work until I saw this in one of the bedrooms.

FFS why did I bother 😡

My brother once fell through the attic into my parents' bedroom. He got stuck at the shoulders but you can imagine a) the hassle of getting him out b) the damage to the ceiling and c) the fibreglass splinters he got.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,980 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Dickheadishness of the highest degree.

i used to get my haircut in the Merchant Barber in temple bar before it went meh and closed down…and they were great at just turfing out the waiters when it was busy…on a Saturday morning especially if a guy arrived with his girlfriend or ‘buddy’ .. “ no sorry, waiting area for clients only, too busy, come back in 45 minutes “…

I thought my dentist appointment was next Friday but an SMS reminder that it’s tomorrow… meh

A 20 kilometre round trip and the appointment is at 4.20 so I’ll be returning in the thick of the traffic through one of Dublins busiest suburbs…

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

D!ckhead overtaking me with oncoming traffic outside Donegal earlier. Annoying enough not to mention dangerous, but then he slows down to about 60kph!!!!

I was able to (safely) overtake him a few seconds later as was a large lorry behind me.

Seriously, what was the point in that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

Some shops have several in close proximity, omg the racket. Just think of the porr staff who have to put up with them!

It is what it's.

A cousin of mine and his family are coming home from The UK tomorrow…be nice to catch up…

However my elderly Dads health has been a little up and down which the cousin is aware of but the call is the usual as in them looking for a lift from the airport, they never ask but they know it will be offered, it has been the last 15 years ffs, plus it’s an EARLY flight they booked, arriving between 7 and 8 AM…

between him and the wife they earn about £110,000 a year and they only have two kids…but it’s always been noticeable how ‘careful’ they both are with cash, not mean, borderline perhaps, but it won’t be unusual for them to be in company and when the subject of them or someone spending money it’s either ‘outright extortion’ or them procuring an absolute bargain of the century, proud as anything. 😄

one example, they live next door almost to East Midlands Airport but drove to Manchester to save 180 euros total on 4 airline tickets…return, 4 hours driving total… so whatever they saved, the fuel cost will be high… doing the same tomorrow….

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

They sound annoying as hell, but why would you guys keep offering to do them favours? They can spend the 180 on a taxi so.

Us ‘guys’ don’t.. my Dad is his godfather and took over the role of probably second parent when my cousin lost his Dad in his early teens. And the relationship just has been that way … my dad does find it hard not to be helpful but we are trying to encourage him courtesy of his vintage to be more mindful of looking after himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Ok, heartfelt apologies to the natives for having used an unsuitable wording.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,666 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

When mildly interesting threads get hijacked by two increasingly entrenched people arguing over absolute minutiae.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Yes. Usually guaranteed if the words Transgender or immigrants are in the thread titles.

100% word Nazi gets used before page 3

I steer well clear of those threads. It's when people manage to do it in a thread about, like, whether grated or sliced cheese is better in a toastie that gets me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Definitely sliced.

Grated cheese are for those perverts that like onion on a pizza

• Registered Users Posts: 13,646 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I woke up on the sofa. But what pisses me off is phones etc were in my bed with podcasts playing. So I obviously went to bed , got up ( for a piss? ) and then slept on the sofa.

Wtf ?

• Advertisement

You’ll pay 1.70 or 1.80 for the 500 ml bottle of coke in a spar or centra but… pub ive just eaten in… 3.25 for the same bottle…

ok bank not broken but I’m not really feeling my custom is beloved or valued

• Registered Users Posts: 10,612 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

At least you got a 500ml, last place I was in handed me a “limited edition” 200ml bottle.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Friday is what's up legend woop woop 😁

How are you? Haven't seen you round these here parts in a while

• Registered Users Posts: 8,717 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

People that say "holibops", I want to just punch them in the throat

• Registered Users Posts: 30,366 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When somebody is late or out a lot longer than you expected. You don't ring them because you don't want to come across as a worry wart or from them to answer the phone when there driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,666 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I'm good! 😁

My TA is morons who can't use a roundabout, you'd swear there was 20 lanes to choose from.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

1. Dossers at work who get away with murder.
    2. People in Lidl who, despite having the tongs right there in front of you insist on grabbing items from the bakery displays with their bare hands. I know the prices have gone up so Lidl had to stop selling stuff in pre-packaged bags, but seriously, it completely put me off buying anything.
    3. People with cars whose exhaust goes "WROOOOOOM! WROOOOOM!" - are you like, five years old, or something?
    4. The petrol has gone up 6 cents since Monday when I put in only €20. Stupid of me.
    5. When you send a request to HR and the response is the equivalent of "Computer says no." But I'm sure they really appreciate all the work we've done in these unprecedented circumstances.
    6. What constantly sends me go into a rage is people who have no empathy towards animals and either neglect them badly, don't care about hurting them or actually get a kick out of hurting them.

It's been one of those days.

Post edited by New Home on

I fully endorse and agree with all those TAs 👍

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Arsehole colleagues who can't be bothered to handover properly and have left me a mountain of crap to do.. No one to complain to either, just here.. The laziness, as the saying goes 'if there was work in bed they'd sleep on the floor'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

There's an ad on BBC* for poetry season next month. At one point the voiceover guy says testy-moany. So for the next few weeks I'm gonna get annoyed as soon as I hear the start of it when it comes on. 🙉

(*TA2)

It is what it's.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement