Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Report on High Percentage of Traveller Unemployment

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,274 ✭✭✭jmreire

Overheal wrote: »
    Feeling or fact. Because travelers make up a sizable proportion of your criminal conviction rates.

Yes , and for a specific ethnic group, they do make up a relatively high % of the prison population ( and these are the ones that actually get convicted ) So you can extrapolate a little further, into the Nr's of the law abiding population their crimes have affected, and hence the general population's low opinion of travellers, or " Bigoted Racism" if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Overheal wrote: »
    That’s not what I said and I’m scratching to figure out how you took that to be what I said.

I said a 2 day response by AGS is a bigger problem than one crime. Not sure where I said the crime was not a problem!

Yes, AGS need to improve their response times in general.

But what do you think of the carry on of the travelers though?
    Do you think what they did is a common thing that they do?

JimmyVik wrote: »
    Yes, AGS need to improve their response times in general.

But what do you think of the carry on of the travelers though?
    Do you think what they did is a common thing that they do?
    He is benched for a week. He won't reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Kivaro wrote: »
    Was Operation Tarmac mentioned yet? It was on the news earlier.
    CAB were able to seize a mansion today in Killarney and a fortune in cash, high end goods and high spec vehicles. All they had to do to catch this "gang" was to examine their high net worth versus their income (the dole). We need to see a lot more similar seizures and prosecution. And well done to the Gardai and CAB on their stellar work in nabbing the proceeds of this type of criminality.
    I always laugh when I hear the term Operation Tarmac. We're not allowed to say that they are Travellers but....they're Travellers.

I wonder did the person who came up with that also come up with the term "Travelling Gangs".

I look forward to Operation Bossman and Operation Hiace next.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

BrianD3 wrote: »
    I always laugh when I hear the term Operation Tarmac. We're not allowed to say that they are Travellers but....they're Travellers.

I wonder did the person who came up with that also come up with the term "Travelling Gangs".

I look forward to Operation Bossman and Operation Hiace next.

Watching that on the news last night and my son said to me.
    Dad is that T-words?
    I said whats T-Words.
    He said under his breath Travelers.
    I asked why is he afraid to say Travelers?
    He said that his teacher said to say T-word and never ever say the word traveler.

I just dont know what the world is coming to.
    Children arent allowed to ask a question properly.
    Our national press are not allowed to describe criminals properly.
    People arent allowed to comment on line with any bad experiences they might have had or they will be deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement