Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 4A - euro 179 on Vodafone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

When I try to order, it takes the Irish Life code in the basket, but then shows the full 279 on the payment page, no discount displayed/registered anymore. Did that happen to anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

ionapaul wrote: »
    When I try to order, it takes the Irish Life code in the basket, but then shows the full 279 on the payment page, no discount displayed/registered anymore. Did that happen to anyone else?

Select Vodafone X and then get a new number

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

reni10 wrote: »
    Select Vodafone X and then get a new number

Thank you! Worked perfectly.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

maki wrote: »
    Worked first time for me too. Ordered this morning and shipped this afternoon - no issues at all.

I tried it again this morning and it didn't work. Order went through but was cancelled. Created a new account for it as well. Wondering is it maybe my card. I used the same card for the order on Friday which was also cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

I tried it again this morning and it didn't work. Order went through but was cancelled. Created a new account for it as well. Wondering is it maybe my card. I used the same card for the order on Friday which was also cancelled.

I think it might be a card problem. It won't accept my card at all now since it put the phone back on the site.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

SnuggyBear wrote: »
    I think it might be a card problem. It won't accept my card at all now since it put the phone back on the site.

I have noticed I'm not getting the text verification thing when I order on Vodafone. Usually I get a text and have to enter the code into the website I am buying from. That didn't happen earlier when I tried to buy it. That could be it. It's a Mastercard so maybe an issue with Vodafone and Mastercard.

I have noticed I'm not getting the text verification thing when I order on Vodafone. Usually I get a text and have to enter the code into the website I am buying from. That didn't happen earlier when I tried to buy it. That could be it. It's a Mastercard so maybe an issue with Vodafone and Mastercard.

Yeah mine was a Curve MasterCard also

Well I have visa and I have the same problem. The website might not like certain expiry dates who knows. I'm waiting for money to show on my n26 card to try that.

Yeah mine was a Curve MasterCard also

Tried with my KBC credit card which is MasterCard. Also tried with my Revolut MasterCard. I didn't get any thing to verify the transaction on either card. Order with KBC card is cancelled. Revolut order hasn't been cancelled yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

Tried with my KBC credit card which is MasterCard. Also tried with my Revolut MasterCard. I didn't get any thing to verify the transaction on either card. Order with KBC card is cancelled. Revolut order hasn't been cancelled yet.

I successfully ordered with a BOI Mastercard so I don't think it's a Mastercard issue.

• Advertisement

I successfully ordered with a BOI Mastercard so I don't think it's a Mastercard issue.

Did you do the 3d secure bit for the transaction or did it skip it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭Ryath

I used my Revolut Mastercard and order went through fine first time. First time ordering with Vodafone I've actually got confirmation and dispatch emails!

Phone landed this morning won't open it till I have a screen protector and case. Didn't want to chance ordering them till I actually had the phone in my hand!

Ryath wrote: »
    I used my Revolut Mastercard and order went through fine first time. First time ordering with Vodafone I've actually got confirmation and dispatch emails!

Phone landed this morning won't open it till I have a screen protector and case. Didn't want to chance ordering them till I actually had the phone in my hand!

I can hold on to it for you until you get a case sorted :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

Did you do the 3d secure bit for the transaction or did it skip it?

It skipped it.

It skipped it.

There was me thinking it getting skipped meant order was gonna fail.

My Revolut order is still showing as submitted but I only ordered it about an hour ago. Hopefully, it goes through.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Part of me thinks it's not quite random based on my experience past and present. Perhaps there is someone/a team actively picking submitted orders and cancelling them directly based on the details provided. That being said, that's probably giving too much credit to the site itself and its functioning, which is an absolute abomination.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Just ordered ! Fingers crossed

Holy moly got order email as well ! Progress

Can mods edit first post to include the code so people can play with their luck and get a phone hopefully ? I cannot edit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Sham of a website. I'm trying to pick up the iPhone SE, first 2 orders cancelled. 3rd order I went for a new number instead of porting and the order is left at open and no progress in 2 days- this one is for in store pick up. Tried one last time using my existing prepaid account which is also linked to my home broadband so if it fails this time might as forget about it. Thats 4 temporary holds on my bank cards because of their truly shambolic website.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

Just ordered with code on first go, MasterCard credit card on mobile version of site. Error popped up for half a second after clicking pay but it went through and got email. I'm on 48 tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭Alkers

If you get an order confirmation are you typically good to go or are those still bring cancelled?

Can mods edit first post to include the code so people can play with their luck and get a phone hopefully ? I cannot edit it.

Cancelled ...my 101 ordering from vodafone still works lol

I tried again today with a different card. It accepted this card at least but I spelled my new email address wrong so I don't know lol. Hopefully it turns up tomorrow. Not holding my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

Just ordered with code on first go, MasterCard credit card on mobile version of site. Error popped up for half a second after clicking pay but it went through and got email. I'm on 48 tho.

Dispatched

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

8 orders so far, 1 stuck open, 7 with confirmation, cancelled. This for a Vodafone PAYG and Irish Life Health customer.
    Different emails attempted after main ones cancelled, different cards..

Order canceled on Sunday, still have not been refunded.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭manlad

Order canceled on Sunday, still have not been refunded.

will take around 5-7 days, as was my case.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Bought mine with KBC MasterCard. No issues.
    New Vodafone PAYG account

• Registered Users Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭Alkers

Alkers wrote: »
    If you get an order confirmation are you typically good to go or are those still bring cancelled?

Dispatch email this morning.

New Vodafone customer, used my revolut card.

• Advertisement

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was something like it doesn't like the month of June on the expiry date

Advertisement