Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part X *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

No prizes for guess which community these people are all members of.

Its mad which page shared it though. Aparantly not being criplingy introverted is ‘fascism’ now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭dalyboy

It was post by “Ireland against fascism”. Hilarious stuff.

Do the posters not see the irony of their opinion in regard to people regaining their freedoms in the face of a year of oppression?

Ps , it’s great to read the comments on that thread.
    Most giving them the finger and explaining the realities of vaccine effectiveness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

niallo27 wrote: »
    You not see ul a few weeks back, guess what, no spike in limerick.

Yes but we cannot look for the ul spike until we find the spike from paddy’s day and the one from Easter and the one from Mother’s Day!

Do keep up please!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

dalyboy wrote: »
    It was post by “Ireland against fascism”. Hilarious stuff.

Parody level stuff. You can just imagine the absolute gimp running that twitter account.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,539 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Its summer, everything outdoor should be open

Summer is in April now?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,186 ✭✭✭✭km79

Penfailed wrote: »
    Summer is in April now?

It’s in august and September according to some reports about reopening of hospitality and indoor dining .......

• Registered Users Posts: 16,510 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I was one of the people there in Salthill, the only community there was people enjoying the sunshine and having a bit of fun.

Although after having a look at twitter this morning it seems like we are just a level below Charles Manson going by some of the tweets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭walus

gansi wrote: »
    Social media is a minefield, fake news, real news, fact checkers etc.

The sad truth is though that the mainstream media have been almost as bad.
    I’ll find it really difficult to pay TV licence next time it’s due.

”Where’s the revolution? Come on, people you’re letting me down!”

• Registered Users Posts: 9,985 ✭✭✭normanoffside

I was one of the people there in Salthill, the only community there was people enjoying the sunshine and having a bit of fun.

Although after having a look at twitter this morning it seems like we are just a level below Charles Manson going by some of the tweets.

Fair play to you. I hope you enjoyed yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,989 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

RGS wrote: »
    Do you know anything about the shift patterns of Irish nurses. Its 12/13 hour shift both night and day shifts. This has been the pattern for years.

It never ceases to amaze me why people feel the need to reply to a post and totally ignore the substantive issue in favour of a minor procedural matter.

If I was a cynic I would probably be inclined to believe it was due to a determination to avoid an uncomfortable truth that doesn`t suit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Akesh wrote: »
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/04/24/lockdown-proponents-cant-escape-blame-biggest-public-health/

Lockdown enthusiasts in shambles. Interesting to see Aoife McLysaght was rolled out to spout more nonsense in the Independent today. Another ISAG nut who is not qualified to comment on a pandemic.

Why are the media obsessed with unqualified ISAG nuts? Why not just ask the binman, postal worker or a solicitor for their opinion?

Aoife McLysaght, Tomas Ryan and co are no more qualified to talk about restrictions and the pandemic than my dog is. We are out of our depth, drowning in nonsense and hysteria.

The media have played a pivotal role in whipping up hysteria and fearmongering. If the media did their job, they would tell you none of these people are experts and let's not pretend that they are.

RTE, Newstalk, Info, IT etc. should all hang their heads in shame. Embarrassing giving these people a platform to spread lies in the public domain.

Be very aware that "The Media" are doing their job,and very well indeed.

The end product we hear on the radio,view onscreen or read on paper is no longer the unscreended output of an individual Journalist.

Instead,it will be the nuanced,carefully filtered result of a pre-broadcast Editorial Committee meeting,which will have carefully screened the Journalists copy before approving it for broadcast.

This screening will have,of itself,been overseen and directed by Governmental advice from the responsible agencies,none of which are concerned about high principles,such as Freedom of Expression,Movement,or even Thought.

Very little of this oversight level will leave a Paper Trail,but instead will be conducted at the highest Managerial Level in whichever organization is deemed worthy of attention that day.

This High-Level suggestiveness is perhaps best seen in how this gent manages to be come a go-to figure in World Policy formulation...

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-bill-gates-hopeful-world-completely-back-to-normal-by-end-of-2022-and-vaccine-sharing-to-ramp-up-12285840

COVID-19: Bill Gates hopeful world 'completely back to normal' by end of 2022 - and vaccine sharing to ramp up

The philanthropist and entrepreneur also criticises the UK government for cutting the foreign aid budget from 0.7% to 0.5%.

There ye have it....The "Official" new timetable for end of Covid is Q4 2022 and the UK Government needs to get spreading the Sterling pretty quickly or else.....

How we have reached this scenario,in which some very wealthy entrepreneurial types now effectively dictate Universal policies on how other peoples limited wealth is to be distributed is worth pursuing,but I very much doubt that The Irish media will have ANY desire or ability to ask any questions or make observations apart from what is approved by our domestic Crisis Managers.

Davos 2021 and Bilderberg's ongoing consultations will make for fascinating reading.......:cool:

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭walus

AlekSmart wrote: »

There ye have it....The "Official" new timetable for end of Covid is Q4 2022 and the UK Government needs to get spreading the Sterling pretty quickly or else.....

How we have reached this scenario,in which some very wealthy entrepreneurial types now effectively dictate Universal policies on how other peoples limited wealth is to be distributed is worth pursuing,but I very much doubt that The Irish media will have ANY desire or ability to ask any questions or make observations apart from what is approved by our domestic Crisis Managers.

Davos 2021 and Bilderberg's ongoing consultations will make for fascinating reading.......:cool:

Now wait for the “conspiracy theory” brush to come out.

First nphet, now entrepreneurial technocrats?
    Everybody knows, it is the governments who make decisions! (Not)

”Where’s the revolution? Come on, people you’re letting me down!”

Reading some of the contributions here is more annoying than Level 4.7 restrictions.

Just grow up, we are near the finish line and a bit of maturity and patience wouldn't go amiss. Too much sacrifice has gone into getting us this far and that shouldn't be jeopardised. Good news on the vaccine front too, I have to hand it to the organisers. Once the supplies arrived it is all systems go.

A lot to look forward to and I feel the most positive I have felt in over a year now, plus the weather today was ace, which helps. Let the negativity go FGS and look forward to better times in a very short while now.

Great to hear of your positivity.

However to dismissively brush aside the dissenters as all being immature or impatient,is to me indicative of intolerance in itself.

Nice to see a period of good weather,for sure,but one can be reasonably certain this will soon pass,and the cloud will return.

Today's headlines from the National Broadcaster,in fact manages to take your sunny outlook and swiftly slap it down...

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0425/1211942-coronavirus-ireland/
    Dr Cliona Ní Cheallaigh said it is about harm reduction going forward and "if you are going to have a group together, a beach or garden is not a bad place [to do it]."

Speaking on RTÉ's Brendan O'Connor programme, she said the key to outdoor dining and gathering is that people are sensible and continue to wear masks if using toilets or to go home rather than indoors if it starts to rain.

While you invoke the Deity to get other people to "let the negativity go",I personally see little negative about questioning the "accepted" line in much of this,which TBTG I remain free to still do. :)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

walus wrote: »
    Now wait for the “conspiracy theory” brush to come out.

First nphet, now entrepreneurial technocrats?
    Everybody knows, it is the governments who make decisions! (Not)

OOOOP's....my apologies I totally forgot ....

CONSPIRACY THEORY

I don't want to force other posters to do my formatting,when they might have other,more important crusades to undertake ?

On a side note,it could be argued that few of NPHET's members have struck out and made their fortunes on the front lines of commerciality ?

:pac: By whose accounts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aBRWO39vg0&ab_channel=FoxNews

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/video/2021/mar/20/scuffles-erupt-at-anti-lockdown-protest-in-london-video

All Trump supporters,Lefties/Righties or Climate Change deniers..not an ordinary person in the entire demonstration...Not ONE !!!! :( OK ? ;)

pjohnson wrote: »
    And some that had nothing to do with restrictions to boost your numbers ;)

Debenhams got TOO popular and the Gardaí had to do something about it,after all those screaming people could have infected others with Covid...could'nt they ?

The cheek of 'em !

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/protesters-lock-themselves-inside-debenhams-loading-bay-1.4545536

• Registered Users Posts: 7,312 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Tony has said no indoor dining in May or June.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,186 ✭✭✭✭km79

What will that mean for hotels .........we all know that it wont happen in July or possibly august either ......and then sure then we are nearly hitting winter again under the govts reinterpretation of the seasons

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Good luck to the government trying to get people to go on staycations with no indoor dining available

https://twitter.com/IrlagainstFash/status/1386035255728091144?s=20

Great to see people out enjoying themselves in Salthill today.

The poster is still scaremongering even when everyone knows that being outdoors is one of the safest places that you can be.

I suppose it is open to that person to take their activism to the streets as their response to this populist self-enjoyment nonsense...

https://www.weblearneng.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/sandwich-man_205782.jpg

The front of the Anti Facist poster could read...."Almost Apoplectic with Rage "

The back of the Anti-Facist board could read..."YIZZR ALL DOOMED FACISTS !"

• Advertisement

Simon Coveney has reinforced this depressing scenario on Radio 1 now: "We are awaiting Tony's position on hospitality by Wednesday, and we will make a decision based on this recommendation".

If you're a traditional pub owner, get ready for another three barren months. Abandoned and neglected by a government elected to "lead", shower of wasters on six figures achieving the square root of f-all.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Where did you see that?

Worse though is what MM said earlier
    Asked on RTE’s The Week in Politics about indoor hospitality, Mr Martin said he understood that livelihoods are at stake in the sector.

“But what I said at the outset is anything we open now we want to keep open. We want to end this stop and start. The strategy is working in terms of controlling the virus, and that needs to be acknowledged.”

“For the summer I think outdoor has to be the theme.

That sounds like overkill to me

Stheno wrote: »
    Where did you see that?

Worse though is what MM said earlier

That sounds like overkill to me

Radio rte 1 just now.

Coveney all but confirmed it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Radio rte 1 just now.

Coveney all but confirmed it.

Did he say NPHET or Tony are recommending no indoor dining for May and June or for longer?

Stheno wrote: »
    Did he say NPHET or Tony are recommending no indoor dining for May and June or for longer?

May and June at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭corkonion

I suppose, allowing for inflation, your mandatory outdoor meal will cost €9.13 this summer, but on a brighter note, its rumoured that as a reward for our year of isolation, the outdoor eating time limit of 90 minutes may be increased to 100 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Indestructable

I've cancelled my staycation this morning. No point in going anywhere with no indoor dining. I was happy to support local economy even if it meant paying a bit more.

I don't understand how the publicans, hotel owners and restauranteurs are so quiet though. Surely they should be putting the pressure on, we really are a docile lot.

Might get abroad later in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭B2021M

Simon Coveney has reinforced this depressing scenario on Radio 1 now: "We are awaiting Tony's position on hospitality by Wednesday, and we will make a decision based on this recommendation".

If you're a traditional pub owner, get ready for another three barren months. Abandoned and neglected by a government elected to "lead", d weshower of wasters on six figures achieving the square root of f-all.

Yes..waiting until wednesday!....almost impossible for anything to happen between now and Wednesday that could significantly affect the decision. We have, or will have, evidence from Israel and the UK about how safe it is to relax restriction A at X% vaccination level etc. There is no need for any 'advice' beyond that at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭ypres5

May and June at least.

Wonder if that pub in Dublin still has that mural of Tony up....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭B2021M

ypres5 wrote: »
    Wonder if that pub in Dublin still had that mural of Tony up....

I think its been altered...Tony is now faced inwards towards the pub with his two fingers up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement