Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part X *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Attached just another reason why this country will be in a never ending cycle of lockdowns. Unfortunately for us, the stupidity grows stronger everyday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w-XGdBXkIA

Remember the packed beaches in the UK last summer and all the hand wringing? Nothing happened. They even came out and admitted as much. Outdoors is safe.

Curious what temperature was it there anyway? Like people are walking around topless, in April. in ireland! Must have been warm

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Life is more than the avoidance of death

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭mightyreds

See the leaks are starting again, hotel bars/restaurants open before all else on the 10th of June, I find that a strange one

• Registered Users Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

mightyreds wrote: »
    See the leaks are starting again, hotel bars/restaurants open before all else on the 10th of June, I find that a strange one

Whaaaa, where you read that. Don't be getting my hopes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Attached just another reason why this country will be in a never ending cycle of lockdowns. Unfortunately for us, the stupidity grows stronger everyday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w-XGdBXkIA

I’ve had this forward into the WhatsApp groups I’m in at least ten times today, and each message attached with a “selfish pricks” commentary. I really could not care less at this point. When are we going to get over this? Recording people and shaming them for engaging in natural human behaviour ONE YEAR into this mess. We are being told day after day that outside is safe so what is the big fcuking deal? People need to jog on and mind their own. Young people out enjoying themselves on the finest day of the year after a year of being shafted by the government. Some dopes decide to record it and shame them. There are some absolute losers out there who will find it hard to get a hobby once this is all over and recording people having a good time isn’t acceptable behaviour anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,988 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Hold Firm, the next 2 weeks are crucial

ONE LAST EFFORT FROM ALL AGES

BRIGHTER DAYS ARE AHEAD BUT WE NEED TO HOLD FIRM RESTRICT OUR CONTACTS

• Registered Users Posts: 14,917 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Watch a wave of death scythe through those young people, the apocalypse is nigh. Elderly and vulnerable nearly all vaccinated, who exactly is at risk then? Right, hardly a sinner. The only stupidity apparent is our weak and lily-livered government delegating all responsibility to a single-issue cabal of hypochondriacs.

You could go with that and open up everything alright, but it might be worth taking a look at elsewhere before doing so.
    Sweden has just twice our population and, even though they have restrictions they are more light touch than ours. Pubs and restaurants have to close by 8.30 and limits on numbers allowed in shops etc. They have the same percentages vaccinated, or even slightly higher, that we do.

Even at that on Tuesday last week they had 412 in ICU and 2,133 in hospital beds due to Covid ,with staff working 12 hour shifts and daily new cases of 7,000+.
    Not the kind of figures that are going to do much for your health system. Nor your economy come to that

These people won't go for tests so cases will stay low, I don't see the problem. Nobody is in hospital and icu numbers are dropping. The people recording the people on the beach's are the real problem. Their voyeuristic obsession with lockdowns is unhealthy but in fairness they will get their Dr Tony tokens for being the best in class. ****en pathetic.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Whaaaa, where you read that. Don't be getting my hopes up.

I'll link it now when I find it but hotel only bars/restaurants would do nothing for me.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Have to laugh at those moaning about people congregating by the sea on a warm summers day.

Before Christmas, shops were closed for 6 weeks and people flocked to them as soon as they opened. Now people are under glorified house arrest for 3 months and people are shocked when they decide to have fun and enjoy themselves once allowed.

The fact that this comes as a surprise to people is mystifying. The population at large in Ireland are not interest in locking themselves in their homes in fear of Covid-19. This is a simple fact that needs to be applied to the approach in Ireland. Fear is no longer an effective tool to motivate people to follow restrictions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

11521323 wrote: »
    That's the exact point. All were doing by keeping the economy closed is flushing the economy down the toilet.

The cost is now outweighing any benefit of lockdowns. You can't ignore reality in favour of a fantasy.

Nah i dont necessarily disagree with your point but you are missing my point spectacularly but whatever

These people won't go for tests so cases will stay low, I don't see the problem. Nobody is in hospital and icu numbers are dropping. The people recording the people on the beach's are the real problem. Their voyeuristic obsession with lockdowns is unhealthy but in fairness they will get their Dr Tony tokens for being the best in class. ****en pathetic.

Reminds me of Trump saying cases would be lower if they stopped testing so many.
    If people do not go for tests then isn`t there every likelihood cases will actually get higher.

charlie14 wrote: »
    You could go with that and open up everything alright, but it might be worth taking a look at elsewhere before doing so.
    Sweden has just twice our population and, even though they have restrictions they are more light touch than ours. Pubs and restaurants have to close by 8.30 and limits on numbers allowed in shops etc. They have the same percentages vaccinated, or even slightly higher, that we do.

Even at that on Tuesday last week they had 412 in ICU and 2,133 in hospital beds due to Covid ,with staff working 12 hour shifts and daily new cases of 7,000+.
    Not the kind of figures that are going to do much for your health system. Nor your economy come to that

12 hour shifts, I worked 12 hour shifts for 8 years. People all over the country world longer.

12 hour shifts, I worked 12 hour shifts for 8 years. People all over the country world longer.

I'm in an absolute cushy number and when the pressure came on I've worked 20 hour shifts but I suppose I'm in the private sector I deserved it.

Reminds me of Trump saying cases would be lower if they stopped testing so many.
    If people do not go for tests then isn`t there every likelihood cases will actually get higher.

Young people have been drinking and having a good time for months now and guess what there is still nobody in hospital.

Other than personally I would prefer a health professional not to be sleepwalking if I had a medical problem, you have spectacularly avoided even making an attempt to address what I posted.

Young people have been drinking and having a good time for months now and guess what there is still nobody in hospital.

In large groups similar to the crowd in that video ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭normanoffside

They’re only outside and in full view of the curtain twitchers because the weather is good.

Other than personally I would prefer a health professional not to be sleepwalking if I had a medical problem, you have spectacularly avoided even making an attempt to address what I posted.

Other European country is ****ed it could be us, other countries are easing restrictions why not us, we have to concentrate on us. You contradictie yourself nearly every post.

In large groups similar to the crowd in that video ?

You not see ul a few weeks back, guess what, no spike in limerick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Batattackrat

Its summer, everything outdoor should be open.

Disgrace that its not.

If we have 4,000 hospitalizations like we did with flu are they going to shut down the country,

Other European country is ****ed it could be us, other countries are easing restrictions why not us, we have to concentrate on us. You contradictie yourself nearly every post.

Where do you see these contradictions. The facts for Sweden are easily checked if you doubt them then show me where they are incorrect.

Still waiting btw for that science behind all those European countries you mentioned earlier, but perhaps you missed my reply. Post #7647 if that helps.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,874 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Sharpyshoot, ypres5, put each other on ignore if you can't avoid each other, posts removed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 452 ✭✭Sharpyshoot

Will do thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭ypres5

Sharpyshoot, ypres5, put each other on ignore if you can't avoid each other, posts removed

So now you can blatantly insult posters and get away with it ? Good to know

Where do you see these contradictions. The facts for Sweden are easily checked if you doubt them then show me where they are incorrect.

Still waiting btw for that science behind all those European countries you mentioned earlier, but perhaps you missed my reply. Post #7647 if that helps.

Ah man, cmon we are the most restricted country in Europe. Wake the **** up

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

ypres5 wrote: »
    So now you can blatantly insult posters and get away with it ? Good to know

And now you're trying to ascertain if the same applies to backtalking the mods...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,669 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

More fake news on this thread.

France:

"From Saturday 3 April, restrictive measures already in force in some parts of France are extended to the whole of the country."

"From 7PM to 6AM, a curfew is in force in metropolitan France. You may only leave your home for the following reasons and with an exemption certificate:"

https://www.gouvernement.fr/en/coronavirus-covid-19

We are also one of the lowest in Europe at present for new cases, deaths, hospital and ICU number but that is beside the point

What is the science you believe is behind these European countries opening up ?

Is it not perhaps the science of wishful thinking while at the same time time ignoring scientific data and the figures of a European country like Sweden that is more or less doing what many here belive we should be doing RIGHT NOW OR SOONER.

• Advertisement

More fake news on this thread.

France:

"From Saturday 3 April, restrictive measures already in force in some parts of France are extended to the whole of the country."

"From 7PM to 6AM, a curfew is in force in metropolitan France. You may only leave your home for the following reasons and with an exemption certificate:"

https://www.gouvernement.fr/en/coronavirus-covid-19

"Shops selling essential goods and services may open, as may bookshops, record stores, DIY shops, florists and garden centres, hairdressers, cobblers, chocolate shops, car sellers and estate agents. These shops must close for 7PM."

Do you even read what you post. Do a bit of research before you post rubbish in future please.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement