Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXIV-249,437 ROI(4,906 deaths) 120,195 NI (2,145 deaths)(01/05)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,410 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

namloc1980 wrote: »
    There's no indication that young people will overwhelm hospitals.

Young people are getting it with no underlying issues and needing hospital, it affects everyone young and old

We can just hope quicker vaccine roll out once we receive

• Registered Users Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭prunudo

We really need to adjust as a nation that 500 cases is a good level, not a desperate level and time to run for cover.

Tell that to Leo Varadkar, have heard him on numerous news bulletins today warning of new waves and using words words like concerning numbers and precarious situation.
    The down playing of any easing in restrictions is worrying. Feel like they're building us up to a fairly meaningless announcement next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,103 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Young people ate getting it with no underlying issues and needing hospital, it affects everyone young and old

We can just hope quicker vaccine roll out once we receive

Any stats on the number of young people with no underlying conditions who end up in hospital / ICU?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

prunudo wrote: »
    Tell that to Leo Varadkar, have heard him on numerous news bulletins today warning of new waves and using words words like concerning numbers and precarious situation.
    The down playing of any easing in restrictions is worrying. Feel like they're building us up to a fairly meaningless announcement next week.

Something has got to give though because the majority of people have very little left in the tank at this stage. And I’m saying that as someone living with their parents who have yet to receive the vaccine (hopefully won’t have to wait too much longer for that)

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I like that Glynn tries to push back against the Minister for Doom George Lee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Faugheen wrote: »
    I like that Glynn tries to push back against the Minister for Doom George Lee.

What was Mr. Lee saying?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Lee seems to be even recognising lockdown fatigue is a huge issue now unlike many scientists.

TheDoctor wrote: »
    What was Mr. Lee saying?

More divisive bollocks about comparing the majority of people adhering to restrictions to those who are just doing whatever they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Increase of 24 from last week. Increase of 14 from 2 weeks ago.

Testing numbers the last 3 Thursdays

11/3 - 15750
    18/3 - 13,514
    25/3 - 17,821

• Registered Users Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭prunudo

leahyl wrote: »
    Something has got to give though because the majority of people have very little left in the tank at this stage. And I’m saying that as someone living with their parents who have yet to receive the vaccine (hopefully won’t have to wait too much longer for that)

Given that an awful lot of the population have already moved to some sort of level 4+, I'd hate to see what compliance will be like in 6 weeks time before the next easing date if they don't give us some sort of return to normality next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,964 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Why are they so slow to acknowledge that more cases in school is as a result of children being in them (and spreading it between them)?
    They’re quick enough to blame people over the age of 18 who keep further away from each other indoors....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Testing numbers the last 3 Thursdays

11/3 - 15750
    18/3 - 13,514
    25/3 - 17,821
    Nolan made the same point. They don't know if there are more cases at the moment or if they are doing a better job at finding cases.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

TheDoctor wrote: »
    What was Mr. Lee saying?

Putting words into the mouth of the nation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Boggerman12

Just watched Glynn.oh Christ just hold firm and his 90% stat on those not visiting other.ha laughable

• Registered Users Posts: 18,103 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Another "little bit more" again there. Jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Any stats on the number of young people with no underlying conditions who end up in hospital / ICU?

Yeah are those figures reported anywhere?

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

I don't have specifics but know 3 who were under 25 needing hospital in Cork, I'm sure there is more in other counties

Is there a full detailed hospital stats, ages in hospital and ICU with Covid19 etc.,?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I don't have specifics but know 3 who were under 25 needing hospital in Cork, I'm sure there is more in other counties

Is there a full detailed hospital stats, ages in hospital and ICU with Covid19 etc.,?

Every so often they show up.

Details of underlying conditions aren't included in them which the previous poster is asking for.

Just watched Glynn.oh Christ just hold firm and his 90% stat on those not visiting other.ha laughable

Some people here seem to have the notion that boards is representative of society.

It's not, far from it.

People in this bubble get the notion that everybody believes what they believe and it couldn't be further from the truth.

So your 'laughable', is quite frankly, bollocks. I know loads of people who are sticking to the vast majority of restrictions. The 5km is too restrictive, Glynn isn't referring to people who are breaking that. It's crowds who are meeting up that they're talking about. I doubt Ronan Glynn is that fussed about someone going to meet someone in a social bubble if it means they're breaking the 5k.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

(Ooh Aah) Just a little bit
    (Ooh Aah) A little bit more
    (Ooh Aah) Just a little bit
    You know what I'm looking for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

Has Zara King asked her daily irrelevant/ pointless question yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Boggerman12

Faugheen wrote: »
    Some people here seem to have the notion that boards is representative of society.

It's not, far from it.

People in this bubble get the notion that everybody believes what they believe and it couldn't be further from the truth.

So your 'laughable', is quite frankly, bollocks. I know loads of people who are sticking to the vast majority of restrictions. The 5km is too restrictive, Glynn isn't referring to people who are breaking that. It's crowds who are meeting up that they're talking about. I doubt Ronan Glynn is that fussed about someone going to meet someone in a social bubble if it means they're breaking the 5k.
    Well where I’m living in past couple of weeks have seen a lot more visitors to houses than previous.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Case numbers still high but with vaccinations completed of our vulnerable do they matter anymore?

They haven't been ...

535hp8.jpg

The first bar in each group shows the first shot- the second bar the second shot - many are still awaiting that. . Cohort 4 - those under 69s at very high risk have just started to be vaccinated. Apparently this is a large group.

https://covid19.shanehastings.eu/vaccines/

So yes case numbers as a indicator of likley hospitalisation going forward remain an important tool in pandemic management.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Bit odd he want back to this after the reaction last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Well where I’m living in past couple of weeks have seen a lot more visitors to houses than previous.

And where I am there is one house out of about 30 who have had visitors. The vast majority of people I know have had no one in their house since Christmas.

How many are we talking about? Where I live it's as quiet as its ever been.

I'm not denying people are flouting the restrictions and quite frankly I don't care, but the idea that's a widespread thing because a couple of personal trainers-turned mental health advocates say so is a nonsense. The vast, vast majority of people are adhering to it, despite getting increasingly frustrated.

249 in Dublin, 57 in Donegal, 39 in Kildare, 32 in Meath, 31 in Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Exactly what that post was saying.

Don't take the whole country to be represented by where you're living (although 'a lot more' is very subjective).
    Much as we hate it, many are sticking to the current restrictions. And as he said, Boards, or this forum, isn't representative.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Nolan made the same point. They don't know if there are more cases at the moment or if they are doing a better job at finding cases.

I think we all know if we had close to 18,000 tests last Thursday the case and swab count would be much higher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,369 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Gabja at her worst here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement