Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXIV-249,437 ROI(4,906 deaths) 120,195 NI (2,145 deaths)(01/05)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Arghus wrote: »
    Gabja at her worst here.

Who?

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,870 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Gabja at her worst here.

She looks so different to what I had imagined from her voice and questions.

https://twitter.com/gabysayshey

• Registered Users Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Who?

What?

Indo Journalist.

Asking Glynn about that figure of 6 second doses last Sunday, Glynn says that looks like an administrative error to me, Gabja still goes on like he never said that.

She then turns to Nolan - you said to the Taoiseach that we'd need to get down to 100 etc. Nolan told her that he never said that to the Taoiseach, he also told her that previously, but he has to tell her again anyway.

Benimar wrote: »
    And where I am there is one house out of about 30 who have had visitors. The vast majority of people I know have had no one in their house since Christmas.

so just yourself and man Friday over for supper again?

where are you living because it's an exception and I'm not talking for the sake of talking. I walked the dog tonight and saw a cop car drive slowly past about 15 teens sitting at a closed shop.. They were not doing star jumps and personal training so kudos on your neighborhood resolve because you are indeed an exception to the rules. either that or you work nights and the 29 other houses are mental during the day when you're not being jimmy Stewart in rear window.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

rusty cole wrote: »

where are you living because it's an exception and I'm not talking for the sake of talking. I walked the dog tonight and saw a cop car drive slowly past about 15 teens sitting at a closed shop.. They were not doing star jumps and personal training so kudos on your neighborhood resolve because you are indeed an exception to the rules. either that or you work nights and the 29 other houses are mental during the day when you're not being jimmy Stewart in rear window.

You can be as cynical as you like but he is not the exception by a long way. This area is like a ghost town. Nobody has had any visitors other than those with needs that require a support bubble. The most there's been is a chat across a garden wall when neighbours are out for a walk. I would venture that your scenario, is not representative of the entire country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

I work from home so here regularly. It’s an open estate so very easy to see what’s going on when I’m working. I also speak to work colleagues every day and, you know what, it’s the same on their estates.

I’m sure there are places where breaching restrictions is the norm but there are an awful lot of people adhering to them, far more than Boards posters would have you believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Indo Journalist.

Asking Glynn about that figure of 6 second doses last Sunday, Glynn says that looks like an administrative error to me, Gabja still goes on like he never said that.

She then turns to Nolan - you said to the Taoiseach that we'd need to get down to 100 etc. Nolan told her that he never said that to the Taoiseach, he also told her that previously, but he has to tell her again anyway.
    Virgin media will be keen to sign her up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Virgin media will be keen to sign her up.

Think she's been on some of their shows already.

Benimar wrote: »
    I work from home so here regularly. It’s an open estate so very easy to see what’s going on when I’m working. I also speak to work colleagues every day and, you know what, it’s the same on their estates.

I’m sure there are places where breaching restrictions is the norm but there are an awful lot of people adhering to them, far more than Boards posters would have you believe.

go way out dat, boards posters are not repressive of society when it suits you. define an open estate? aren't they all open? or you mean yours is an 30 house cul de sac in the middle of nowhere? well I'll be snake bliskin!!
    Drive along Clontarf on Saturday morning from 10am onwards and you're in for a shock. All those cars aint local! sure how would you know? you're working from home and you don't leave the house nor do your neighbors in Pleasantville FFS! because your work "colleagues" say so!! ok yea.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭lukas8888

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Then why did you expressly state the woman made "No mention of any symptoms"?[/QUOTE
    Apologies,did not know they are specifically for asymptomatic people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Messi19

Think she's been on some of their shows already.

She has

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

leahyl wrote: »
    Something has got to give though because the majority of people have very little left in the tank at this stage

Absolutely this

We're all in that Survival Mode that everyone has in reserve, just in case

What happens when we use all that up?

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Absolutely this

We're all in that Survival Mode that everyone has in reserve, just in case

What happens when we use all that up?

This is the problem, many think they're ok once they dont get Covid, but 1 year in, many would probably crawl onto a ventilator for some space as opposed to suicide, losing their only source of income, losing their home, getting a letter from the HSE confirming cancer due to delayed diagnosis...I could go on, but hey Covid has the room and the press...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Slide1.jpg
    Slide2.jpg
    Slide3.jpg
    Slide4.jpg
    Slide5.jpg
    Slide6.jpg
    Slide7.jpg
    Slide8.jpg
    Slide9.jpg
    Slide10.jpg
    Slide12.jpg
    Slide16.jpg

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Why are they so slow to acknowledge that more cases in school is as a result of children being in them (and spreading it between them)?
    They’re quick enough to blame people over the age of 18 who keep further away from each other indoors....

https://twitter.com/DeeGilhawley/status/1375162853221613578

The "government" for most of the last 12 months:

tenor.gif?1570667875

** awaits the usual mental gymnastics to defend Schools **

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Why are they so slow to acknowledge that more cases in school is as a result of children being in them (and spreading it between them)?
    They’re quick enough to blame people over the age of 18 who keep further away from each other indoors....

2.7% positivity in 183 cases of contact tracing in schools testing an average number of more than 22 in each case. It’s part of it, but far from the full story

This is the problem, many think they're ok once they dont get Covid, but 1 year in, many would probably crawl onto a ventilator for some space as opposed to suicide, losing their only source of income, losing their home, getting a letter from the HSE confirming cancer due to delayed diagnosis...I could go on, but hey Covid has the room and the press...

Jaysus no, I can't agree with that bit in bold. Covid is a horrendous way to exit

https://twitter.com/DeeGilhawley/status/1375162853221613578

The "government" for most of the last 12 months:

tenor.gif?1570667875

** awaits the usual mental gymnastics to defend Schools **

The rate of positive cases in kids has trended towards the mean since schools returned. They were under represented earlier. It is no surprise that this happens when they start mixing. It’s not an outrageous level, especially when vaccines are starting to exert the opposite pressure at the other end, and having kids in school is in my view next in importance to an operational health system

I was speed reading some of the comments earlier, but I think some were saying Cohort 4 hasn't started yet?

I found this from the most reliable poster on the Reddit Ireland daily thread (Laura)

Hopefully it's true

Cohort 4 (People aged 16-69 and at very high risk of severe Covid-19)
    • Total: 8,740 (+2,342)
    • First Dose: 8,727 (+2,342)
    • Second Dose: 13 (+0)

Of the 606 cases notified today
    • Male: 298
    • Female: 305
    • Under 45 years old: 455 (75%)
    • Median age: 33

75% yet again

I think 8 weeks from now we'll (hopefully) have around only 50 in hospital with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭poppers

I was speed reading some of the comments earlier, but I think some were saying Cohort 4 hasn't started yet?

I found this from the most reliable poster on the Reddit Ireland daily thread (Laura)

Hopefully it's true

the have started cohort 4
    Covid hub updated daily see below

https://covid19ireland-geohive.hub.arcgis.com/pages/vaccinations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

The rate of positive cases in kids has trended towards the mean since schools returned. They were under represented earlier. It is no surprise that this happens when they start mixing. It’s not an outrageous level, especially when vaccines are starting to exert the opposite pressure at the other end, and having kids in school is in my view next in importance to an operational health system

Sampling bias? Dare I say confidence interval? Dare I even say randomised controlled trial?

The latest from John Campbell

We really got the short straw spending this pandemic in the EU

Europe and Americas continue to account for 80% of all the cases and deaths worldwide

Highest numbers of new cases Brazil (508,010 new cases; 3% increase)

United States of America (374 369 new cases; 19% decrease)

India (240 082 new cases; 62% increase)

France (204 840 new cases; 27% increase)

Italy (154 493 new cases; similar to previous week)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

The latest from John Campbell

We really got the short straw spending this pandemic in the EU

I was thinking "jesus he looks much different" until I clicked play and saw it wasn't him and that he was talking with someone else in the video :pac:

What's going on? Certain age groups are different to others. At least we are trying to discover the origin instead of preventing. Economically it's more efficient to do that.

548130.png

548131.png

funnydoggy wrote: »
    I was thinking "jesus he looks much different" until I clicked play and saw it wasn't him and that he was talking with someone else in the video :pac:

Same!

Same!

Retrograde is the new word.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭BlondeBomb

Do we know how many total people are in cohort 3?

BlondeBomb wrote: »
    Do we know how many total people are in cohort 3?
    From initial feedback from the hospitals and community services, the HSE estimates there are around 150,000 people in this group.

https://www.thejournal.ie/reader-qa-3-5379665-Mar2021/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭BlondeBomb

Thanks for that link.

If I’m reading that correctly, that seems to refer to cohort 4.

They seem to have administered 179,000+ first doses to cohort 3.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement