Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXIV-249,437 ROI(4,906 deaths) 120,195 NI (2,145 deaths)(01/05)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

BlondeBomb wrote: »
    Thanks for that link.

If I’m reading that correctly, that seems to refer to cohort 4.

They seem to have administered 179,000+ first doses to cohort 3.

Sorry yes, you're right

I'll drop Laura a line tomorrow on Reddit Ireland to ask her, she knows every bit of data on this inside out

• Registered Users Posts: 12,675 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Benimar wrote: »
    I work from home so here regularly. It’s an open estate so very easy to see what’s going on when I’m working. I also speak to work colleagues every day and, you know what, it’s the same on their estates.

I’m sure there are places where breaching restrictions is the norm but there are an awful lot of people adhering to them, far more than Boards posters would have you believe.

Yes, like the masks before , and the gardaí checkpoints now , only apply for some if they believe they exist , I suppose .
    Somebody trying to persuade myself and a few others there were no checkpoints up the road from us or anywhere in Dublin the other day here ;)
    It's called "subjective perception" or tunnel vision in other words.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭poppers

BlondeBomb wrote: »
    Do we know how many total people are in cohort 3?

500k acording to this

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1cUZy6AMCwuA2zhtRuKK7cqMVgmhdDsGsZrFWJTkw9DY/htmlview

• Registered Users Posts: 35,859 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

If we now, finally , are going to quarantine people entering the country, then we should go full retard.

A 14 day prison, for the nation, kill it once and for all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine found to have only a 10.4% efficacy against mild-to-moderate infections caused by the B.1.351 South Africa variant,

https://www.forbes.com/sites/williamhaseltine/2021/03/17/astrazeneca-vaccine-fails-to-protect-against-the-south-african-variant/

People scoffed at the link I posted earlier but the study was just quoted by Kingston Mills on prime time few minutes ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Hospital numbers at 8pm

Total 308 (down from 310 last night)
    ICU 75 (down from 76 last night)

Last Thursday
    Total 343
    ICU 82

Minimal change but a new lowest 8pm total of 2021.

It's the same every day, Leinster is the issue. The government need to grow some balls and open up the rest of the country. It's farcical at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Company I work for is based in the US. They're all going on about how the vaccine will be available in their respective states for anyone 16+/18+ from this week/April.. Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

TheDoctor wrote: »

Total 308 (down from 310 last night)
    ICU 75 (down from 76 last night)

Last Thursday
    Total 343
    ICU 82

Minimal change but a new lowest 8pm total of 2021.

Why are these figures not highlighted by our betters ??

Surely these figures along with a vigorous vaccination program should give us a clear roadmap out of level 5 lockdown , instead of constant focussing on case numbers, when Leo himself said today figures will hover around 500 for a while - Thankfully this "new" virus does not seam more deadly than some were predicting, even today.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Jack Lambert on the Tonight Show saying we’re dealing with a new virus and it’s twice as infectious.

This seems to apply in Tullamore but not Tralee for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

thebaz wrote: »
    Why are these figures not highlighted by our betters ??

Surely these figures along with a vigorous vaccination program should give us a clear roadmap out of level 5 lockdown , instead of constant focussing on case numbers, when Leo himself said today figures will hover around 500 for a while - Thankfully this "new" virus does not seam more deadly than some were predicting, even today.

AstraZeneca doesn’t work against the South African strain or the Brazilian strain, people need to wake up to this, this thread is starting to hover very close to the flat earthisum on the relaxation thread

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭covidrelease

People scoffed at the link I posted earlier but the study was just quoted by Kingston Mills on prime time few minutes ago.

It is important to note that there were still no cases of hospitalization for severe Covid-19 or deaths observed in the study.

And you wonder why they scoffed at you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭Cork2021

AstraZeneca doesn’t work against the South African strain or the Brazilian strain, people need to wake up to this, this thread is starting to hover very close to the flat earthisum on the relaxation thread

Ah, it does work! It still stops people being hospitalised and prevents death!
    These vaccines were never a cure but a preventative measure to stop the spread, severe disease and ultimately deaths!
    So yes the vaccines do work!!

AstraZeneca doesn’t work against the South African strain or the Brazilian strain,

you know that for sure ???

Do you not want a clear roadmap back to some normality (talking about flat earthism) ?

Goldengirl wrote: »
    Yes, like the masks before , and the gardaí checkpoints now , only apply for some if they believe they exist , I suppose .
    Somebody trying to persuade myself and a few others there were no checkpoints up the road from us or anywhere in Dublin the other day here ;)
    It's called "subjective perception" or tunnel vision in other words.

I work from home 3 days a week and the two days I go the office for the last 3 weeks, there's a check point in place 100%.my point is that nobody I know or see is sticking to these draconian guideline only because they have gone on this long, not because they don't care. put it this way, in the 80's nearly everyone wore a condom as soon as it was drilled into them and it was overtly advertised...with the passage of time people just said **** it..it's human nature because as time goes on we revert to type, 100% that's the way of it. It takes effort and discipline to stick to the required level 5'ers and shall I add, it's unnatural. I agree with you but the facts are theory and practice are different.

I'd ask you how many people now use green, brown and grey bins in certain areas??effort and discipline...over time it wanes..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

It's not very effective for mild to moderate disease but what about severe? Even bringing Covid down to a mild or moderate illness would mean a whole lot.

GooglePlus wrote: »
    It's not very effective for mild to moderate disease but what about severe? Even bringing Covid down to a mild or moderate illness would mean a whole lot.

They will also tweak it in a few months so it more effective - sililar that happens to flu vaccines.

I'm starting to think variants are a fiction invented to cover up high efficacy claims.... it's a great get out clause. oh well it has 99% efficacy but only against colgate original...what about Colgate tartar... oh well hold on, maybe;) not that one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

rusty cole wrote: »
    I'm starting to think variants are a fiction invented to cover up high efficacy claims.... it's a great get out clause. oh well it has 99% efficacy but only against colgate original...what about Colgate tartar... oh well hold on, maybe;) not that one

That wouldn't really check out, these variants weren't discovered by the pharmaceutical companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

I work from home 3 days a week and the two days I go the office for the last 3 weeks, there's a check point in place 100%.my point is that nobody I know or see is sticking to these draconian guideline only because they have gone on this long, not because they don't care....

I'd ask you how many people now use green, brown and grey bins in certain areas??effort and discipline...over time it wanes..

No idea what that all that has to do with it but....
    In certain areas? I can only speak of those areas I know and in them everybody still uses the designated bins. I can't speak for the areas you seem to know. Not that it has any relevance to the topic.

I think your very description of restrictions as draconian shows you'll spin the tale of us all flouting the restrictions regardless of what a large majority are actually doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭Call me Al

It is important to note that there were still no cases of hospitalization for severe Covid-19 or deaths observed in the study.

And you wonder why they scoffed at you

"...Yet the authors did caution that the relatively young median age of participants (30 years) likely influenced the lack of severe Covid-19 cases."

Nobody should scoff.

thebaz wrote: »
    you know that for sure ???

Do you not want a clear roadmap back to some normality (talking about flat earthism) ?

These people have no interest in a roadmap. All they want is to promote a roadblock at every fork in the proverbial road.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

0 hospitalisations in any of the trials so how does it "not work"?

Call me Al wrote: »
    "...Yet the authors did caution that the relatively young median age of participants (30 years) likely influenced the lack of severe Covid-19 cases."

Nobody should scoff.

This is what the lad said

AstraZeneca doesn’t work against the South African strain or the Brazilian strain,

That is pure rubbish, so yes people are right to scoff at his scaremongering.

0 hospitalisations in any of the trials so how does it "not work"?

Well if you apply the theory of flat earthism with the quantum of new variants its quite obvious how it doesn't work.

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    No idea what that all that has to do with it but....
    In certain areas? I can only speak of those areas I know and in them everybody still uses the designated bins. I can't speak for the areas you seem to know. Not that it has any relevance to the topic.

I think your very description of restrictions as draconian shows you'll spin the tale of us all flouting the restrictions regardless of what a large majority are actually doing.

you think draconian as a description of not being allowed leave your house beyond 5km but only for a walk say, or not being able to visit a garden outdoors, whilst the bar in leinster house is in full vigor, is OTT? for months?? more so than anyone in Europe? yeah it's spin alright, it's spin if spin is an acronym for "Scientifically pondering implausible narratives"....

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Kunta Kinte

you think draconian as a description of not being allowed leave your house beyond 5km but only for a walk say, or not being able to visit a garden outdoors, whilst the bar in leinster house is in full vigor, is OTT? for months?? more so than anyone in Europe? yeah it's spin alright, it's spin if spin is an acronym for "Scientifically pondering implausible narratives"....

Officially the bar is closed unless you have evidence otherwise. Do you?

Officially the bar is closed unless you have evidence otherwise. Do you?

Officially yeah shaka Zulu, it is...officially the Healy rae's turn up to clock in..officially;)!!!
    Officially they don't use phones on celebrities' go wild either..officially.. it's a bloody zoo up there.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/it-wasnt-me-healy-rae-on-3636-dail-calls-to-win-tv-show-26748872.html

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Locotastic

This is not true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Kunta Kinte

Officially yeah shaka Zulu, it is...officially the Healy rae's turn up to clock in..officially;)!!!
    Officially they don't use phones on celebrities' go wild either..officially.. it's a bloody zoo up there.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/it-wasnt-me-healy-rae-on-3636-dail-calls-to-win-tv-show-26748872.html

So no evidence then just a wisecrack. Why am I not surprised?.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement