Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia EV6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭DaveByDavid

Test drove one today, unfortunately the salesperson came with me and because it's so popular we pretty much went around the block while sitting in traffic!

In terms of being quite tall (6ft 1"), it wasn't as nice to get into as the Ioniq 5 because it's lower to the floor. But once you're in it's very comfortable.

After that it's just about preference of whether you prefer being lower to the ground.

Little annoying that I couldn't test drive it around the local country roads, that would have been a proper test of the handling.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,053 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Nobby did a lot of driving on twisty country roads near where I live. I know these roads well, they aren't great. And he said the car handled very well (better than Ioniq 5). Have a look at his review.

Thanks, will check it out.

That seems to be the main difference between the 2 - EV6 handles better and is more sporty, but the Ioniq 5 is more comfortable.

Test driving is not helping me really, I always forget what one was like after a while. Think I have a bit of FOMO as well, once I actually buy one I'll stop looking at cars and not even worry about what else is out there :)

I think the EV6 has less chance of it's look dating as well, it's a bit safer but nice and sporty. Ioniq 5 is completely different, but maybe more marmite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Manion

He came with you? Wtf, I wouldn't be having that now. Anyway, when I drove the Ioniq the car was being test driven back to back for a couple weeks and the lazy sods at the dealership wheren't keeping it in tip top shape so I got to see how the interior looks after a bit of use and tbh, it kinda looked cheap with the shine taken off them.

Yeah, I'd much rather have gone on my own. Going to try and go back in Weds and see if we can drive again.

I've just shown the Nobby video to my partner and she's kind of sold.

Think it's the sleeker and sportier look.

Ioniq 5 I do like the design of, just wonder how it will age.

One thing I think let's down the EV6 are the colour options - they're just a bit boring.

I really like the teal Tuscon and the infinite blue Mach-e. Best EV6 is probably the standard one you see in most marketing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Pivot Eoin

And what if you show your missus the video of the Q4 ETron Sportback which is also same ball park (although nowhere near the spec of the EV6)?

Think spec let's it down.

Test drove that Audi today (advance) and it was fine in terms of handling but no real wow or comfort factor for me.

Missing a bunch of spec without options as well.

Does this mean the models we'd be getting will have cruise control but won't be adaptive? I thought distance control was part of that.

I've gone back to the dealership and asked exactly this. Seems wording is a bit muddled. KIA videos aren't super helpful. The specification specifically calls out Adaptive Smart Cruise Control with Stop & Go Functionality, which was a KIA feature before HDA2.

Deposit down for the GT Line

• Advertisement

Did you get any kind of date?

Just called 2 dealers and one said middle of next year, other said possibly Feb/March.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,818 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Not sure about the argument of the Ioniq 5 aging badly when it's already a retro looking car, it already looks like it belongs in the 80's , and you would like to believe that was a choice, not poor design.

Dealership said to me today that Kia had advised not taking any more orders for the GT Line. I rang another dealership before going on a test drive and they said they would take my money no problem.

When I rocked up today I felt I was getting a bit of pressure to accept the Earth trim but when I didn't bite he agreed to take a booking with a timeline of March for a car or return of deposit. Tbh everywhere was giving really long lead times for the Skoda, Ioniq and EV6.

Other dealerships I contacted was coming in about 600 euro more expensive for the same car. So it is worth shopping around as that "delivery charge" can vary quiet a bit.

Yeah fair play - I'm still flip flopping around delaying getting a deposit down on something. Every day is a new find on price/spec/models etc. By time I get a new car it will be a 222 plate 😂

I rang 3 Kia Dealers locally today and all 3 gave different answers to availability.

Dealer 1

• GT Line wouldn't be until middle of 2022 delivery
    • Earth - most likely February or March

Dealer 2

• GT Line completely sold out - asked if I ordered when I would likely get it - "March"
    • Earth - potentially available in January but wouldn't be able to tell for 2 more weeks

Dealer 3

• Thinks GT Line could be February delivery
    • Earth hopefully for January but would need to check

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

I put a deposit down on a GT line today with a April delivery date hoping it pulls into Feb

Some pictures from the test drive today.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

Just back from a test drive of a Earth model, I loved driving it but my family really didn't like the back seats and thought the car was too bouncy.

They prefer the Ioniq 5 and are trying to persuade me to go that way.

In my opinion the EV6 is a better drivers car but the Ioniq 5 is a better family car.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭pad199207

Who drove the red one through Naas today?

Think I've mentioned this somewhere else (earlier in this thread or maybe the Ioniq 5 one), but nearly every review says the same.

I'm hoping to get a better test drive in tomorrow but the interior of the EV6 seems more "normal" (even though it's very modern). And the driving is lower to the ground and handles a bit better according to lots of reviews - I want to throw it around some country lanes.

Ioniq 5 is seen as the comfier drive.

I must admit I think I prefer the darker layout for the screens and stuff in the EV6 than the white in the Ioniq 5, but both are great cars.

In the EV6 the left most screen is titled slightly towards the driver. It's definitely a louder car to drive than the Skoda. In terms of bounciness not sure what this references but could it be the difference between the EV 226 BHP and the Ioniq 5 170 BHP? I noticed when driving it initially it took a while to get used to how fast the car accelerates, even compared to the Ioniq.

• Advertisement

One of the big likes for the EV6 is the crazy spec list - I was just having a look through it and it's vast.

What are the key things in the spec sheet that people think make this car stand out that most other cars wouldn't have as standard for this kind of price?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭MarkN

Two days driving a GT Line now and I have to say, love it.

@MarkN - looks great in the black!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Onlyzeone

I got a call that ev6 is ready to collect if I wanted. This is the earth trim with gravity blue finish

Earth still a well specced car…

• Registered Users Posts: 35,818 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I hate the way the EV6 looks, something about it, reminds me of 100 others cars.

Purely based on having looked around the last couple weeks at what is currently available, the real differentiators for me where:

• Heat pump - Seems to be a massive rip extra charge for this on other cars
    • 800v/350kw charging - OK, this is a platform feature, but did edge out other cars
    • Heads up display - I think I'll really like this
    • Blind spot Camera - this was one of the reasons I wanted the GT line

Tbh the first time I saw the car I loved the look of it. All these new EVs drive very well in my opinion, but this was the first one which had a bit of wow factor to it.

From what I can make out, you can’t pre heat the car unless it is plugged in. The ID3/4 can do it without being. I could be wrong but I’ve gone through all the menus that it could be on.

And there's nothing on the UVO Connect App? Reading back over the spec it doesn't specifically list remote preheat. @MarkN could you do me a favour and confirm if the adaptive cruise control distance control feature? The dealership today said he followed up with Kia Ireland on it and they couldn't confirm if the GT-Line actually has it or not since they haven't actually tried out all the features yet either (which sounded odd) and I couldn't get it to work on the GT Earth today.

• Advertisement

Nearly sure I saw it on the steering wheel and there’s a plate under the number plate. I’ll run out to the car shortly and check.

I wouldn’t normally have access to apps on press cars as I’m not the registered owner. VW Ireland did it for me once but it was as I had an ID3 for a month.

Advertisement