Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia EV6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Onlyzeone

I have a deposit on an ioniq 5 coming in March... but wanted to try out the ev6. The long and short of it is that yes, I want to swap to the ev6. I still marginally prefer the looks of the ioniq 5 but that is it.

I have been on the Ioniq 5 discussion here for a while and posted a longer version of exactly why on that... Just came over and checked this discussion out last night to see what was happening

Post edited by Onlyzeone on

• Registered Users Posts: 34 vincentohanlon

Expecting to get a call this week to test drive the EV6. I put a deposit down on a GT Line (I thought in Moonscape Grey, the colour in all the promotional material) months ago but looking at the configurator now that colour option seems to be gone. GT Line is only available in Black, White, Blue, Red. Annoying if that colour option isn't available anymore. The colour seems to be gone from the Irish, UK, and France configurator... Anyone hear what happened to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Manion

I noticed the same thing. It's still there on Kia Credit. I'm thinking about popping into a dealership today to look at the EV6. Would people recommend this over the Ioniq 5?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I wish Hyundai had of been braver with the Ioniq5 and the steering wheel in it looks like something from the 70s or 80s ofel bland. We all know what Hyundai can do when they want to just look at the latest Tucson.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

I've a test drive of the EV6 next week. I feel ready to make the plunge after driving the Ioniq 5 today. I was wondering however how best to approach the dealership. I last bought a car new in 2015 and I was very naïve and paid a bit over the odds with really no perks. What are the typical things I should be pushing for buying a new EV from a dealership?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭pad199207

Saw one in the flesh today. I must say the interiors is really nice, but the outside is a bit fugly.

The front reminds me of the old Prius and the rear reminds me of a CH-R.

An oversized hatch more than a crossover really

• Registered Users Posts: 65,223 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I'd take an oversized hatch over a crossover meself 😂

I still really like the exterior of the ioniq 5 but prefer the interior of the ev6. From the design of the centre console, to the curved screen just does it for me.

Here's my two cents, hope it helps.

Use the price hyundai gave you for your present car and add a grand to it. This is the least you will trade it in for.

Don't let them include the €500 supervalu voucher as part of the trade in. This is seperate and meant to be a reward for picking a kia before Christmas.

List price for the ev6 is €50000. Max on top of this for delivery etc is €1000/€1500, depending on the dealer.

Price after this can also vary depending on finance or buying with self finance (cash/self generated loan).

My offer is €16,000 for my 161 kia sportage with 110,000km's on the clock.

€51,500 for the ev6, yacht blue. Plus the €500 supervalu voucher. They should throw in mats. Get the free home charger as well.

Any extra tips/hints appreciated

• Advertisement

€52k for the base model on the road is a lot of money though, innit? That's Tesla money.

Well the model y is €69,800.... My wife would nut me if I spent that much...

Cheapest Model Y available to order at the moment is the long range AWD. The RWD SR+ that is comparable with the base RWD EV6 will be a lot cheaper than that when it eventually comes out.

I asked if there was any price difference for cash versus finance, they indicated no but should I expect there to be.

Question regarding trim line. Looking through the spec it appears they are offering the GT Line S. Kiacredit indicates the same. However it appears to be missing things like the sound system and the Highway driver assist. Makes me think it's an upgraded GT Line. Some dealers have indicated they will have the GT model in, should I just wait?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,857 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I wouldn't. I'd hold on to my money till something better comes along. The 5 really is too big for its design queues. Dislike it, would have been a lovely hot hatch. But alas the market is for big over sized yolks so it feels like they just selected magnify 150 percent on the design tool.

This is the question I was answering, no mention of finance or trim level. Maybe someone with phychic abilities can help you better than me ;)

That the point I'm asking about. The trim line is called GT Line in the dealership and GT Line S on kiacredit. Neither spec seem to match what those lines are called in the UK.

Id guess you're buying the EARTH trim?

Re financing, should I generally expect to pay more or less in the dealership for a cash purchase, cost of financing aside.

I think that's just available in China at the moment?

It would still start at about the €60,000 mark in Ireland? If you take the model 3 long range @ €58,000 list and €63,000 on the road. I would guess that the model y rwd would be €63,000 as well? I based this on price scaling.

€63,000 is still to much for me

I'm going to be ironing out some of these details tomorrow morning hopefully, I'll get back to you.

Model 3 SR+ is €50k. It is made in China, so it attracts 10% import duty. When we can get the Model Y made in Germany, it won't have import duty so it should sell for early to mid €50k

At today's prices though. Tesla have put through numerous price increases in the last year alone. I guess because they can. There are no good value EVs out there any more. Tesla or otherwise. But I feel a base Ioniq 5 for €39k on the road is a better deal than a base EV6 for €52k on the road.

• Advertisement

I hope you are right, that the pricing of tesla will come down when tesla Germany is up and running but I, personally don't think they will.

Well I guess the price of a car is what a manufacturer can get away with. Tesla could profitably sell a Model Y SR+ for a touch over €50k today in Ireland if there was no import duty to pay. But of course if they could get (almost) as many sales if they priced it at €55k, or €60k, why wouldn't they?

In our capitalist world, the main aim for every single company should be to maximise profits...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,330 ✭✭✭✭fits

I hope some of these companies will start releasing more smaller and family cars rather than all these big yokes. They are completely unnecessary for the majority of people.

we’d love an ev estate with good range and able to take bike and roof racks.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Fantana2

• Registered Users Posts: 13,330 ✭✭✭✭fits

We have an ID.3 and it suits the majority of our needs for now. It’s a super car. But will be looking at likes of the MG when it’s time to change alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,294 ✭✭✭alias no.9

The gaping hole in your logic is that the Model Y can be produced in Germany for the same price as in China ex tariff. Obviously there is a business case for producing them in Germany but this may be contingent on maintaining existing (or even raising) the price.

Haha fair enough, wages alone in Germany would be a tad higher than in China alright 😂 Joking aside, I don't know what the split in cost is for the various factors. I'd say salary cost is not as big in EVs as it used to be in ICE cars.

And like I said, Tesla has been increasing prices of all their cars significantly in recent times. Because their cost base has gone up? No. Just because they can as they are still very far ahead of the competition in terms of offerings.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,458 ✭✭✭✭ted1

It’ll have dearer production costs in Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,458 ✭✭✭✭ted1

You start big and trickle down. As technology gets cheaper like batteries then they can focus on smaller less profitable cars

• Advertisement

From the dealership today:

"We will not be bringing in the front (side) radar system on the current models

Therefore, while HDA (Highway Driving Assist) is fitted, it will not have these additional functions.

Distance control, Lane Following Control or Lane Change

"

Advertisement